Texture Pack,

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Would love to see your hud when its done. It\'s pretty exciting to see so many community projects.

I\'ll be honest, i haven\'t a clue what the \'grid\' is, how the grid scales or even what it effects. I\'m pretty new to this (can you tell? haha) i\'m quite literally just painting over the original images.

Do you have a thread for your project yet Pixel?

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Yeah, your HUD/GUI is looking great! take your time and get it all hashed out and it will be one of the best there is.....if not thee best! great work as usual. keep on rockin.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but your lava block texture seems extremely cartoony compared to much of the rest of your textures. I know your other planet pieces have a similar look, but I think you went overboard. I\'ve used lava to add glow and a bright texture to my engine sections sometimes, and that wave pattern not only doesn\'t fit in there, but it doesn\'t really fit anywhere. I general I think glow block should have rather simple uniform textures so they still look right if people want to use them to depicte energy glows deep inside engines or gun barrels.

Just my opinion though.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Cheers pal, thanks for the continued support. Means a lot.

I\'ve been away for a few days but i\'ve now got some time to draw up a load more. So i should have something more to show soon!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Alright, i have pretty much finished the HUD and GUI elements.

It is specifically made for my texture pack, so there should be no compatibility issues with build icons and cursors etc.

Few shots of it all;

New targeting animation.

Download up soon. I will also have a 128x texture pack ready soon.

I\'ll release it all along with the new factory textures a.s.a.p.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A small issue with your alternate hull pack, it has the AI block with the original texture underlayed.

Also, the pipes look very weird in ships built with the original textures, keeping their general use purpose would be better :P

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I\'m pacthing up the textures, fixing a few issues and re-releasing it with the new HUD\'s as i type now.

As for the pipes? It\'s not a hard job to replace a few decoration blocks.

However having an assortment of pipes and wiring a player can run through an entire ship continuously could add huge visual appeal to those that want it. My hopes were to expand on the amount of visual information availible in the game. Not limit it. Reverting back to, or just painting over the default pack removes the ability to add a more complex interior to a homebase, ship interior or station.

Infact, i am talking with a few forums members about adding even more decoration blocks!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Quite a bit going on... trying to tie up loose ends.

Fixed the Bobby AI textures on the Alternative Hull\'s texture pack.

A new HUD is now available.

Build / inventory icons coinciding with the texture pack are now implemented.

New shield texture files can be found in the HUD bundle.

New overlay.png files are included with the 128x128 and 256x256 texture packs.

Download links;

64x64 Texture Pack: http://rapidshare.com/files/3066141274/block%2064x64.zip

128x128 Texture Pack: http://rapidshare.com/files/2342477809/block%20128x128.zip

256x256 v1.2 Texture Pack: http://rapidshare.com/files/1756766560/block%20v1.2.zip

Alternative Hulls v2.0 Pack: http://rapidshare.com/files/3939585928/ALT%20256x256.zip

HUD + 256x256 Texture pack bundle: http://rapidshare.com/files/3551904193/HUD%20pack.zip

HUD only: http://rapidshare.com/files/2567487786/image-resource.zip

Screenshots are taken at a 1680 x 1050 resolution using both the new HUD and 256x256 texture pack.

The previous screen shots in my last post were at 1280 x 800 for comparison.

The ship shown is the Starcraft Minoutaur Concept Battlecruiser 1.0 made by m1cr0man.

INSTALLATION:

In the HUD .zip files, you should find a \'image-resource\' folder.

Copy the contents of this folder into the directory; Starmade > data > image-resource, and overwrite.

In the Texture pack .zip files, you should find a \'block\' folder.

Copy the contents of this folder into the directory; Starmade > data > textures > block, and overwrite.

In the HUD BUNDLE, you will see an \'image-resource\' and \'textures\' folder.

Overwrite the files of each folder repectively into their conterparts found at Starmade > data

As always, more screenshots and concise information can be found on my blog here,

Kupu.

Reaction score
    Great work on the textures, they really enhance my enjoyment of the game!

Just wanted to mention that the corner/wedge block inventory icons for grey and black hull appear to be switched around ingame (grey is black, black is grey).

edit: I used the HUD + Texture bundle btw.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Really like your texture pack. GUI is nice too, but I still prefere mine :P You have a lot of cool ideas going on, it seems a bit busy at the bottom though.

Minor suggestion: The low power glow is still in the shape of the standard GUI. You could tweak that too.

Have you tried my GUI? clean-starmade-gui

EDIT: I made a version of my GUI with the icons from your texture pack. Works really well together!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    @wtfasaurous: thanks, thats quite a compliment.

@xeonz: thanks! and i\'ll sort out that bug later today. I must of switched them accidently.

@pixelboy; Glad you like it, but If your going to take and use bits of my work i would appreciate credit for the original work. Just a link to my site and name of original author is fine.

I haven\'t been able to try other HUD\'s or skins, i simply don\'t have the time to play as much as i would like at the moment. It does look nice though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Link is already in place and your name is in the description, name and link :)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Thanks for that.

I\'ll have to give your HUD a try when i have the time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I hate to be a bother, but can you make a 64 bit of your hud? I love your 64bit textures and would liek the new hud also.

Many thanks

Nikicon

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    @nikicon, the HUD is exacly the same resolution as the default. Download the HUD only .zip and use in conjunction with the 64x64 texture pack.

_________

Playing around with more realistic texturing.

Just a bit of fun. Perhaps i\'ll do more, haven\'t decided.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ok dokey will do *runs over to download and trips over the new salvage computer* GHA what the. . . oh nice !

Those look very very nice me like how there appairs to be a tape label on them.

Reaction score
    immensely incredible. I for one, would greatly appreciate a realistic themed texture pack.

*crosses fingers*