Texture Pack,

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have been searching and searching for a starmade texture pack, I do really love the default but this is above and beyond thankyou so much

Reaction score
    Now, if only you didn\'t have to replace the default textures to use the alternate texture pack...

I always name the default with a .bak to keep it archived :)

If I make a texture pack it\'s DEFINITELY going to have an alternative block config file.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    ty very much for the release! along with the time and effort and work you have done.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    The textures appear corrupt ingame for me. Please double check the versions you put on rapidshare and consider simply hosting the images themselves on imgur.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When I downloaded and replaced the files, the game only loads to 98% at the \"FONTS\" line and never continues. Any advice?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    It seems like it\'s trying to load something that either isn\'t there... or you have only added a couple of the files. It simply sounds like you have installed it wrong.

Go to the following directory; Starmade > Data >textures >block In your block folder, you should only have 4 files. For continuity sake, delete them all.

Now unzip the downloaded texture pack, and copy ALL four files (t000.PNG t001.PNG t002.PNG overlay.PNG) into the block folder. Make sure you do not have anything else in there.

No duplicated \"block\" folder, no old textures, etc. Now it should work.

@Comr4de; No, i won\'t be uploading it to imgur. I would advise downloading it again. The links and zips are not corrupt.

They are simply PNG files. My guess is you haven\'t added the t002.png file to the block folder.

Follow the instructions above.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Not a problem mate. Glad you got it working.

Reaction score
    I am totally in love with this texture pack, all the blocks you have shown so far look great and more \'spacelike\'

one questionm i ask is could you make it so that when you place to blocks of a hull type next to each other can they combine so that its one smooth surface, thats the only thing i didnt like about the original texture, so if you did that the texture pack would be just amazing, great work :)

Reaction score
    You should add that link ( http://tomberridge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/starmade-texture-pack-pt2.html ) to first post.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It looks pretty but the moment I try to fly any distance with it I get an outofbounds error. not sure if thats the latest update or when I did the texture pack

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    No, that\'s not your texture pack.

You should write a bug report and submit it to the appropiate section of the forums.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    The texture pack went down well, lots of downloads and a huge amount of interest. So a big thank you for all your support.

However, the factory textures still need doing, and there are plenty of GUI and HUD changes i want to make.

SO! If i make these changes would you be interesting in seeing them / having them?

(now would also be a good time to catalog any tweaks or bugs within the textures that need fixing for the next release)

Just leave a comment or PM if you fancy a more fitting GUI for the texture pack or tweaks to be made.