Texture Pack,

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Hey guys, thanks for the continued support.

The ETA of this pack is the 22nd of July.

Do please read the previous page if you have questions, i might of answered them already.

Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I will eventually need someone to take over my responsibilities with the textures, lets just say I\'m watching you very closely. I like the minimalistic nature of these textures :D

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Compliments of the highest order! Thankyou for checking it out.

I really appreciate your feedback, keep watching!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    um their might be a problem a updates goining to come out and then your going have to do more textureing :( where it adds armor guns etc

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is amazing stuff man! Hell, if I was Schema I\'d hire you! That\'s amazing stuff! At 64x64 my computer lags sometimes at larger complexes. How screwed am I with your 1024x1024 pack?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    @cobra234

Hey cobra, thanks for the warning mate. I\'ll try release the textures before the update... but after that? well i suppose i should see if i can retexture the new blocks!

I\'ll do my best to keep the pack up to date.

@Villainy

Thanks man,

My texture size is 256x256. So it could lag if your having slowdowns with the default 64x64 settings. However i will be releasing lower resolution versions, i don\'t exclude any body. (64x 128x and 256x)

Hope that helps!

Thanks for watching!

(edit)

**UPDATE**

Cheers!

Reaction score
    Omg you are a texturing God! Love the new Dec blocks! Suggestion for another Dec block, a plasma conduit that looks like a pipe but glows purple or something with animation of energy moving along it.

Keep going!

Shame I am on holiday when you release this.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Easy now Jericoz, Certainly not God-status, but thanks for compliment. Hahahah.

The plasma conduit sounds like a great idea. I\'ll be sure to try it and show you.

Unfortunately, the texture template allows 1 tile per (whole) decoration block. So rather than have 6 different individual sides of the block like the Salvage Computer for example, i am having to repeat the same pattern around. So the pipes don\'t have an \"end\", and the server rack pattern is repeated on the top / bottom. It sort of works, but not perfect. unavoidable currently i\'m afraid.

This unfortunately rules out animations on the decoration blocks (which i totally would of done!)

Thanks for the feedback / idea generation. It really does help.

Reaction score
    Take a look at the Block Editor and BlockConfig.xml in Data/config/. If you don\'t mind \"breaking\" template and releasing a blockconfig.xml along with your textures you could do anything you want. Add completely new decoration blocks, animate the current ones, have a unique texture on each side of a block, whatever. Send me a PM if you\'re not sure about about anything in the BlockConfig.xml

Reaction score
    And that\'s AWESOME! However (And yes, this bit has to come) the hulls look slightly out of place. The standard hulls are...
    IDK how to describe them, sorry, and the hardened hulls are...
    A little blotchy... Look a bit like marble, the expensive, statue, pillar etc... kind of marble, covered in wisps of different colour.
    That\'s not TOO bad, but I personally would have thought a spaceship that can afford hardened hull would keep it clean, repaired and universal. Instead of kinda blotchy.

Another idea, slightly easier than this one, you could make a larger version of the vanilla texture pack, that would be liked by quite a few, who like the current textures but think they need more detail.

Remember, this is constructive criticism, it isn\'t meant to offend you, but to help you produce a nicer looking piece of art.

Reaction score
    And that\'s AWESOME! However (And yes, this bit has to come) the hulls look slightly out of place. The standard hulls are...
    IDK how to describe them, sorry, and the hardened hulls are...
    A little blotchy... Look a bit like marble, the expensive, statue, pillar etc... kind of marble, covered in wisps of different colour.
    That\'s not TOO bad, but I personally would have thought a spaceship that can afford hardened hull would keep it clean, repaired and universal. Instead of kinda blotchy.

Another idea, slightly easier than this one, you could make a larger version of the vanilla texture pack, that would be liked by quite a few, who like the current textures but think they need more detail.

Remember, this is constructive criticism, it isn\'t meant to offend you, but to help you produce a nicer looking piece of art.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    @Raok; Thanks for tip! In the future i might want to alter the templates and go into the block editors (so i might have to PM you!) but for now, with core game updates on the way i will stick to the current version for now. it just seems easier.

@mra8ur93ss; Thanks for that feedback! Ahaha, no mate. Your not offending me.

I agree with you actually, the hull designs are not sitting right with the rest of the textures. The standard hull is too grainy and looks like badly brushed metal. I will be replacing that soon. However the reinforced hulls have had some positive feedback. So i\'m not sure i can change them just yet on 1 recommendation.

The reinforced hulls texture were based off galvanised steel plating, i\'ve been a builder by trade and the material to me was synonymous with reinforced structural girders / plating. Rather than trying to produce scientifically accurate textures (the original textures certainly weren\'t... nor was sphax\'s or my own) i was hoping to use quickly identified colours and existing textures around us everyday.

I will keep your words in mind though and perhaps we could see a new set of hulls!

Thanks as always for the feedback. It\'s really useful.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    From one artist to another..... absolutely beautiful work! A truely wonderfull accomplishment thus far. Waiting patiently for release ,and take your time! ,no need to rush anything..