Svens Practical Logic Tutorials

Reaction score
    or a better method of stripping paint off of metals.

Thanks to OSHA, all chemical methods are off the table.

Reaction score
    Hi, I'm pretty new to logic and have been watching your videos, can you tell me what the application of the RS_AndOr is? I've just been using activation modules in place of memory cells that I only need one signal from.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hi, I'm pretty new to logic and have been watching your videos, can you tell me what the application of the RS_AndOr is? I've just been using activation modules in place of memory cells that I only need one signal from.
    An activation module will automatically change signal as soon as any of it's input changes so it's not good for memory alone. Any RS_Nor, RS_Nand and that little "RS_AndOr" (Sometimes refereed to as a Svengate) will remember and hold their state until reset so they function much better for memory.

Reaction score
    Okay, I've mostly been using memory cells for outputs thus far, thanks for clearing that up.

Reaction score
    Can we get more of the diagrams, pretty please?

Even though I can hear the videos just fine, I'm in the same boat as Dire Badger, I watch you do it... but your words are doing nothing for me, I have to watch it over and over before it sinks in... The "circuit diagrams" you have made for 3 or 4 of the videos were extremely helpful.

My problem is most likely that I've done enough binary logic in software programs and dealt with integrated circuit logic enough that I have to fight my brain's intrinsic tendencies to think "you know this, don't bother to pay attention to this when snakes could be under your desk, look there'a shiny thing over to the left" and repeatedly watch it over and over to try and learn how these logic circuits that I understand in the real world, work and are constructed inside StarMade. The diagrams I can just refer to whenever I want to make the larger circuit I'm after and string them together in whatever shape I like.

Seriously... the diagrams... I beg you kind sir please construct more! :D

Reaction score
    i agree! diagrams are much easier to understand with my book based mind