StarSide Blood and Steel Tournament

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    That random targeting, unpredictable nature of swarmers is what keeps them balanced. Other missiles can be shot down, but with swarm numbers, that becomes unfeasible. They need to be easily diverted.

I use swarmers myself for most of my workhorse builds, and I think the balance is just right. The only problem right now is the relative ineffectiveness of point defense due to tracking issues, and the propensity for server admins to boost maximum speeds, which seriously increases the power of missiles, as it makes them that much harder to shoot down.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Better missile defense AI settings will help curb missile superiority.
    I also want to see flares designed specifically for defense against heat seekers. Radar jammer protects against "radar guided" missiles such as beam and pulse missiles and flares are used to distract heat seekers.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Sorry about how long these videos are taking, I had a crash with my video recording software, and It requires me to use a repair tool on all the footage to get it back, then a lot of messing around to get it to a decent quality. Regardless, matches 3 and 4 will be out today. Thank you for bearing with me on this.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426964201,1426963065][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Here is the first video, the 2nd is uploading(or possibly uploaded already) and will be out shortly after this post.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Bumping thread, hoping the remaining footage is still remotely usable.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Just finished up editing all the footage etc. Thankfully, It's all basically usable, and it's all being uploaded to the StarSide channel as we speak. Expect them to be released over the weekend! I'll push them out as fast as I can though. Here is the channel link for everyone here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkoBmJ_fMjNtmiQje9ViOwg
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429349938,1429347504][/DOUBLEPOST]Nevermind y'all, All the fights are coming out today! Starting.. now.. Each episode will release every 2 hours until we hit the Grand Final, that will be out later tonight(It was a longer episode and is taking forever to upload/process). Enjoy!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Nice seeing all this finally released now when will the winner of the design contest portion be made public?