Stars Collide: The new Universe Arrives!

Reaction score
    Smaller number of planets per stars. Stars arranged in a grid that resembles a spiral galaxy. Stars have many different colours and can be in binary systems.

Have you guys noticed anything different with the asteroids?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This is what an old universe currently looks like:
    View attachment 5717

(No matter in which direction you look.)
    Did they change the render distance of planet atmosphere?

Loaded up my universe, it's not nearly as bad with a distance of 5000[DOUBLEPOST=1415051131,1415050632][/DOUBLEPOST]I'd say something is messed up, it's easier to see planets than it is to see stars (with backgrounds turned off.)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Well it's not anything to do with the universe but it seems there has been tweaking done to the default configs. Default range on weapons seems to be double and missiles are much faster. Hulk missiles appear to now have the behavior of what beam missiles had previously. Beam missiles are now incredibly fast. This may be an attempt to balance them out as they can be shot down fairly easy. AI still cannot take advantage of sniper weapons additional range.

Reaction score
    If you have the new launcher you should be able to select the "dev" branch in the options.[DOUBLEPOST=1415070993,1415070842][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, after seeing that amazing anamation for worm holes, I wonder if nebulas will ever be an explorable thing.

Reaction score
    If you have the new launcher you should be able to select the "dev" branch in the options.[DOUBLEPOST=1415070993,1415070842][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, after seeing that amazing anamation for worm holes, I wonder if nebulas will ever be an explorable thing.

i looked in the options and repair and went to build switcher but it only goes up to 0.175

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Wormholes are less op in the latest dev. :)

When you leave the galaxy, can you still see procedural backgrounds? If so, you shouldn't. Or better yet, a galaxy skybox could display behind you! (It already looks pretty awesome when all the background stars not in the skybox form a galaxy shape when you leave.)

Also, maybe less stations should spawn near the outer edge of the galaxy?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The star systems need more space between them. I have two systems where the outer orbits on one system overlap with the orbits in another system. It is hard to tell where one system ends and another starts.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The star systems need more space between them. I have two systems where the outer orbits on one system overlap with the orbits in another system. It is hard to tell where one system ends and another starts.
    buffer zones would be nice, what's your size set to? The sectors are getting a larger default setting in future as far as I know.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    My sector size is set to 5000, but if I make the sectors bigger, the orbits just get bigger and still overlap between systems. The sectors need to be made bigger and the planetary orbits smaller.

IRL the distance from our sun to the nearest star is like 500 times the diameter of our solar system. I am not suggesting going this far, but a little more realistic would be nice. When a planetary orbit crosses over into the orbits of another system you would expect the planet to be affected by the gravity of both stars or pulled into the other star's orbit. Not that I am expecting totally realistic Newtonian physics, but some compromise would be nice.

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    buffer zones would be nice, what's your size set to? The sectors are getting a larger default setting in future as far as I know.
    Sector size doesn't affect how large orbits are - They'll scale up with the sectors. Adding more in-between sectors is the only way to fix this mess.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Sector size doesn't affect how large orbits are - They'll scale up with the sectors. Adding more in-between sectors is the only way to fix this mess.
    Or just adjusting the algorithm....