StarMade v0.19519 Cargo & more

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Well, I guess you're forced to build in a shipyard now even if godmode is on.

Sigh...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I've been playing around with contact docking, Man the possibilities! I think we need a USDA (Universal Standard Docking Arm) now for grabbing ships
    or something like bigger area around the railblock or docker for more better docking... we must really trying to touch the rail block perfectly with the ship. and with the USDA ( the docker is around it full of block) it is a little impossible...

For othervise....

CARGO!!!! yeah and move between docked entity? hell yeah!!!

thx schema for these features... <3

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1

Sigh...
    I've been wondering what they'll do for stations since the large number of blocks is needed. If we can just send blocks from entity to entity I'm just going to dock my cargo ship to what I'm working on.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1449282263,1449282177][/DOUBLEPOST]Speaking of cargo ships I'm going to build a new one before updating. XD

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6

Sigh...
    I've been wondering what they'll do for stations since the large number of blocks is needed. If we can just send blocks from entity to entity I'm just going to dock my cargo ship to what I'm working on.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1449282263,1449282177][/DOUBLEPOST]Speaking of cargo ships I'm going to build a new one before updating. XD
    Oh, just FYI. We forgot to mention.

There's personal cargo as well. So as a player you can assign one cargo area as personal cargo. So long as you're within a certain proximity to that cargo area you'll be able to have access to it. This is designed to assist you in building stations, on planets, or anything else that's not done in a shipyard. This system will be balanced soon so the distance will probably be reduced, but for now, enjoy.

Reactions: Tunk

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    What is the reasoning behind the power cap raise?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What is the reasoning behind the power cap raise?
    The reason was they listened to players in the council balance suggestion thread, and now they need to re balance everything or change the power calc.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

Sigh...
    Zyrr do you even game

First of all, as Bench said there's a personal cargo system (which I don't blame you for not knowing about)

But second of all, in a situation where godmode is on I assume you could get creative mode.

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    The reason was they listened to players in the council balance suggestion thread, and now they need to re balance everything or change the power calc.
    Let me rephrase that: Why did people want this? It seems like its just kicking the issue (power system sucks) further down the road.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Let me rephrase that: Why did people want this? It seems like its just kicking the issue (power system sucks) further down the road.
    Well, I doubt Schema is just going to go "Alright screw making crew systems and chairs and all the things we have planned, let's go add solar panels and fancy reactors." So kicking the power issue down the road with a Band-Aid fix is not such a bad idea.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Zyrr do you even game

First of all, as Bench said there's a personal cargo system (which I don't blame you for not knowing about)

But second of all, in a situation where godmode is on I assume you could get creative mode.
    Shame that i cant build anymore though without a shipyard, and without creative mode...kinda annoying really, cant delete blocks because my inventory is full. -_-

I am not yet ready to build a shipyard in my game, im still roaming and gathering materials to make the massive amount of armor for it...

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Shame that i cant build anymore though without a shipyard, and without creative mode...kinda annoying really, cant delete blocks because my inventory is full. -_-

I am not yet ready to build a shipyard in my game, im still roaming and gathering materials to make the massive amount of armor for it...
    Better divert some of those materials to making cargo areas and a storage block, then :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Better divert some of those materials to making cargo areas and a storage block, then :p
    No, i think ill just go back a version so that i can finish my ship off. So i can do what i want to do in the order i want to do it. Ship first, Space station second.

Edit: this has completely ruined any plans to get my brother back into the game, he loves roaming around and building as he goes. Now, he *MUST* use a shipyard when building his battleship(Doesnt want to use creative mode, considers it cheating). He hates having to be locked down to a homebase, prefers being that random roaming player.

i maybe will get used to it(highly doubtful, since i too enjoy building as i move around sectors, without having to go back to my home base)

Last edited:

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    Well, I doubt Schema is just going to go "Alright screw making crew systems and chairs and all the things we have planned, let's go add solar panels and fancy reactors." So kicking the power issue down the road with a Band-Aid fix is not such a bad idea.
    This isnt a band aid, this is pissing your pants when cold: you havent solved anything, you just replace one issue with another; and in the process current ship designs become inefficient.

Ships becoming obsolete is expected in early access, but replacing one broken system with another, neither of which resemble anything final, is just pointless; If they're not going to fix power/armor/stealth whats the point in tweaking it?

Also are you seriously saying they should be working on cosmetic stuff over making the game playable?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This isnt a band aid, this is pissing your pants when cold: you havent solved anything, you just replace one issue with another; and in the process current ship designs become inefficient.
    ...But overall, it would appear to be an improvement, which is really the point. We're going to be stuck with this power system for a while unless something unexpected happens, so I'd rather see the common, simple community suggestion to raise the power cap, than nothing at all until 'eventually' when power gets a full revamp.
    Ships becoming obsolete is expected in early access, but replacing one broken system with another, neither of which resemble anything final, is just pointless; If they're not going to fix power/armor/stealth whats the point in tweaking it?
    See above.
    Also are you seriously saying they should be working on cosmetic stuff over making the game playable?
    I'm not saying what Schine should or shouldn't be doing. I'm saying what they WILL be doing, and that we have to work within/around that. Also the NPC crew systems, command chairs, and so on are hardly cosmetic; they'll directly affect combat and... generally how the game works.

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    ...But overall, it would appear to be an improvement, which is really the point. We're going to be stuck with this power system for a while unless something unexpected happens, so I'd rather see the common, simple community suggestion to raise the power cap, than nothing at all until 'eventually' when power gets a full revamp.
    How is this better? This is just different. Would it be better if we got 500 million power cap?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    How is this better? This is just different. Would it be better if we got 500 million power cap?
    I dunno, this is one thing about the new patch i do enjoy(complaints are above), all my ships are small(biggest is 220 meters long, but i dont use it anymore since it has way to many things i need to redo to make it even viable...)

i dont see the problem with a higher power cap, could you(and im not trying to be rude) tell me what the problem is? How does this destroy current ships?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Honestly, I can't see any positives in terms of long term gameplay balance for raising the power softcap and effectively doubling the power bonus. It's one thing to raise the softcap, but it's something completely different to double how much power generators put out until that point. Whose idea even was this? Can I please slap them?

The only short term positive is that you can make a ship that's ridiculously powerful and has no chance of running out of energy even when under fire from EMP weapons - but that's... Not a good thing for balance.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    No, i think ill just go back a version so that i can finish my ship off. So i can do what i want to do in the order i want to do it. Ship first, Space station second.

Edit: this has completely ruined any plans to get my brother back into the game, he loves roaming around and building as he goes. Now, he *MUST* use a shipyard when building his battleship(Doesnt want to use creative mode, considers it cheating). He hates having to be locked down to a homebase, prefers being that random roaming player.

i maybe will get used to it(highly doubtful, since i too enjoy building as i move around sectors, without having to go back to my home base)
    You could, you know, link a storage block to a cargo system, and carry your cargo with you, and set it as a personal cargo, allowing you to build on the go. You just need to make sure you can haul all those blocks with you as you go. If you'd rather have infinite thrust and capacity for blocks, you might as well be cheating/using creative mode anyway, no offense.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1449287428,1449287136][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Honestly, I can't see any positives in terms of long term gameplay balance for raising the power softcap and effectively doubling the power bonus. It's one thing to raise the softcap, but it's something completely different to double how much power generators put out until that point. Whose idea even was this? Can I please slap them?

The only short term positive is that you can make a ship that's ridiculously powerful and has no chance of running out of energy even when under fire from EMP weapons - but that's... Not a good thing for balance.
    Without knowing if the power curve itself changed, really changing the soft cap actually has little effect in the long run. Anyone who wanted more than 1mil/sec used docked reactors or power blobs anyway, and the difference between 1mil soft and 2mil soft is not as significant when you need 30+mil e/s to power some of the massive entities some people have. Docked reactors and powersupply effectively nullified smaller emp and powerdrain weapons on small scales anyway, so how is this so game breakingly different? You get the same 2mil cap, so just build an EMP gun of bigger size?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    You could, you know, link a storage block to a cargo system, and carry your cargo with you, and set it as a personal cargo, allowing you to build on the go. You just need to make sure you can haul all those blocks with you as you go. If you'd rather have infinite thrust and capacity for blocks, you might as well be cheating/using creative mode anyway, no offense.
    Thats my point. I would have much preferred a stack system like minecraft instead of a weight system like we have now, much higher numbers of course. You can still only carry around a max number of blocks, but you arent limited by weight, and it doesnt affect your ships ability to move.

Edit: and why cant you remove blocks when you are overweight, just make it so the player moves slower, up to a set limit, where it makes it so they cant walk at all.(this would literally remove all problems with it)

This has more or less destroyed the ability for players *not* to have a starbase, now they need one. i mean i was going to build one eventually, but for someone like my brother, he cant do what he enjoys!