StarMade V0.19476 Transporters, Activation Gates, Optimizations and more

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So if I'm reading this right the issue with the missing tick on support weapons has been fixed?
    If we fire them via logic we get the full 5 ticks?

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    One word. Cargo.

Yet.

Someone please start testing docked reactors and dock shield generators. (I've been putting off learning this cuz of this bug)

Do astronauts trigger race gates? Just ships? Both?

The post doesn't say specifically, but I know they mentioned it. So, just for confirmation, is the new station in this update?

I was hoping planet eaters would stay broken.
    Asteroid respawn is a good thing, for now. Glad it won't be permanent.
    I need to start testing my shipyards, see how much these bug fixes changed/made better.

Over all... Yes!

Blasphemy!
    - The issues mentioned in http://phab.starma.de/T384 were fixed. Power supply works but there's a synch issue which makes not every tick supply and consume power. It's not too bad though, they're still viable.

- Astronauts and ships both trigger by race gates.
    - The raycasting optimization affects much more than just planet eaters, block destruction in general (excluding destruction caused by missiles) should be cost less performance. Most likely servers will still disallow planet mining which is fine, but at least now, if someone breaks that rule he won't take the server down with him.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1446537752,1446537700][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So if I'm reading this right the issue with the missing tick on support weapons has been fixed?
    If we fire them via logic we get the full 5 ticks?
    No, that's a different task: http://phab.starma.de/T46

Reactions: CaptainTaz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Again some fine additions to the game. Notably of course the personnel transporters, but certainly the updated textures on some blocks, like computers and such too. :cool:

Nice work guys, keep them comin'. :D

Greets,

Jan

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Update to a lot of the textures, and once again I no longer have a decorative screen with a simple keyboard on it.
    This has been requested as a specific decorative block. Keyboards and input buttons. I want to avoid unique computer screens having 30% of their texture eaten up by a keyboard. It also looks a little off having a huge wall of monitors and having keyboards on the top row. ^^

Reactions: PizzaPress
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ohhh, transporters.. thank you! I prefer flying corvette/frigate sized ships (5000-10000 mass) and never been a fan of the shuttles. This is a very welcoming addition! Finally a proper high-tech way to beam up to ship.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Aside from the beacons almost completely outclassing shuttles, I appreciate this update.

Reaction score
    Please forgive my blasphemy their is no excuse.

I do have a question. It seemed last night when I logged in to my server the docked power supplies on my station weren't transferring power and I saw the beams going threw the station. Is this a known issue or has something changed with docked power supplies and stations?

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Same here with my ship. Power supply beams of the docked reactor fire through the ship blocks into the next entity. Also I have some issues with docking. The docking beam doesn´t seem to work in some angles.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, the entity targeting bug with beams exists; it also causes problems with docking when there is an entity behind the point you're targeting to dock.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Please forgive my blasphemy their is no excuse.

I do have a question. It seemed last night when I logged in to my server the docked power supplies on my station weren't transferring power and I saw the beams going threw the station. Is this a known issue or has something changed with docked power supplies and stations?
    Same here with my ship. Power supply beams of the docked reactor fire through the ship blocks into the next entity. Also I have some issues with docking. The docking beam doesn´t seem to work in some angles.
    It's a visual bug only if the first tick (or the last, not sure anymore) appears to go through the hit entity. Same goes for the damage beams. This is an old issue.

However, it's possible docked entities can't get hit by beams anymore or not consistently, I'll check it out.

Reaction score
    It's a visual bug only if the first tick (or the last, not sure anymore) appears to go through the hit entity. Same goes for the damage beams. This is an old issue.

However, it's possible docked entities can't get hit by beams anymore or not consistently, I'll check it out.
    My station no longer has enough power for the shipyard.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

For the record part of it is probably T687.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Yes! It's here! *Insert seizure-inducing meme*

Now I have to make a giant ship with a race track and G1 Star-Trek-style transporter room!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, I spent a short while yesterday just building transporter rooms... :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    For the racing gates, are they stations-only? or can I use them on ships as well? I'm planning on hosting a racing league on Ragnarok, and mobile rings would be amazing to set up impromptu races :D

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    My last name's Ivrar'kiim, not Scott. Besides, nobody ever said that anyway.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Are beam weapons still messed up or do they have their correct ranges now? Could someone test to see if the raycasting changes fixed them? I don't have time to do it at the moment.