StarMade v0.19318 New Explosions, Tools, and Bug Fixes

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    You know, if they have this programmed in, I shouldn't think it would be to hard to reverse it. Say a Faction Housing Block that lets you build in 32m sphere on a faction station? Maybe I should write a suggestion.
    Better yet, build inhibitors don't work and server setting for no build doesn't apply inside a faction homebases zone of influence. IMHO we should always be able to build ships in homebases

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Unfortunately that's my fault. I only did a quick check for these and only checked it for the default weapons (no slave/support).

If a beam computer has more than 1 group and it's linked to a slave/support. You'll experience a huge increase in power consumption. This will be fixed asap.
    I don't wanna be "that guy" but do we have an ETA on this fix? It kind of breaks beams.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    I don't wanna be "that guy" but do we have an ETA on this fix? It kind of breaks beams.
    Latest dev build has both the power penalty issue for beams fixed and also the broken shield sharing for explosive weapons. I don't know when this is going to be released.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hopefully, soon. Beams are screwed - and I already had to redo all missiles due to new damage and power consumption calculation.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Better yet, build inhibitors don't work and server setting for no build doesn't apply inside a faction homebases zone of influence. IMHO we should always be able to build ships in homebases
    I was thinking more along the lines of faction members being able to build their own quarters within a predefined section of a base. Or maybe rental property.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hopefully, soon. Beams are screwed - and I already had to redo all missiles due to new damage and power consumption calculation.
    So the increased missile power consumption is intended? That's good to know if so, it means I can revise missile systems now without having to rerevise them again later.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So the increased missile power consumption is intended? That's good to know if so, it means I can revise missile systems now without having to rerevise them again later.
    Yea, missiles were reworked because now part of their damage bleeds away to space since it's equally divided in the blast radius instead of only being applied to the blocks hit, so a missile won't be able to deal its full damage unless you ram it down a small thermal exhaust port ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Always nice to revisit here after a filled weekend and the New Horizons hype of yesterday to see there's a new update available.

Can't wait to try this out, thanks guys. :cool:

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, since they reduced the cone of fire to 1 degree; you now need to use actual turrets for everything. Kind of stupid, IMO. The change should probably only apply to turrets, not fixed-docked entities.

EDIT: That said. IDK if that's the issue involved or not...
    I noticed something wonky about my Autocannons yesterday. Every time I checked on them, they had reverted themselves from Turret Mode to Ship Mode. I literally reset them 20+ times yesterday. It doesn't revert instantly, but every time I access the AI it is set to Ship.

Free-range turrets do not exhibit this behaviour.

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I noticed something wonky about my Autocannons yesterday. Every time I checked on them, they had reverted themselves from Turret Mode to Ship Mode. I literally reset them 20+ times yesterday. It doesn't revert instantly, but every time I access the AI it is set to Ship.

Free-range turrets do not exhibit this behaviour.
    Thats not that odd. AI will auto-set itself to match where it is, and being docked to a rail would be enough reason for it to think it's a ship instead of a turret. It has like no effect on how it acts though, because AI doesn't change much (Turrets dont try to thrust, nor do docked ships).

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    There needs to be a fixed turret axis for those that want fixed direction auto guns. :(

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I think they've decided not to hotfix and just have it fixed for the next update. IDK why.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I've noticed that since the update, my docked power-reactors don't stay on. they have a logic clock that makes them provide power to the ship, which I can toggle on or off. If I turn them on, leave the game, and reload the game, they're off, even though I left them on. This didn't happen before this update (not sure about this hotfix though). Also, these docked power reactors do work with the old docking modules, but not with rail docking.
    Also, when I save and load in the ship, the power reactors also are not activated, even though I saved it with the power on. In case it makes a difference, I'm playing single player.

Another bug I've noticed is that wireless logic modules on a docked part of a ship don't stay connected to another wireless logic module on the mother ship when I save and load a ship. I've seen on the community content page that somebody else was having the same problem with their ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Heh heh, I'm glad other people have mentioned power consumption of weapons and explosive effects of incoming fire. I was about 75% through building my little transport ship when I tried taking on some pirate stations. I managed to shut down my own power due to trying to fire missiles, did no damage and lost large chunks of my ship. :)

In hindsight I would have recommended releasing the 'shipyard/repair' features before the 'destroy' ones.

Still, it's only frustrating I guess because my server doesn't have blueprints, so I am going to have to switch on symmetry mode and manually crawl all over my ship and find the holes and fill them... Or scrap it and start again.

Knowing other people also suffered makes me feel better when I'm weeping softly into my porridge.... :D:D:D

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    In hindsight I would have recommended releasing the 'shipyard/repair' features before the 'destroy' ones.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again- Shipyards and HP should have came in the same update.