Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    This chart represents a massive community-driven project aimed at recording the size of as many StarMade ships as possible, for reference and comparison.

The original idea was inspired by Lone_Puppy , HorribleHedgehog , and DirkLoechel of DeviantArt.

Ship lengths are calculated in pixels, e.g, if the ship is 200 metres long, the ship is rendered as 200 pixels long on the chart.

This post will be continually updated with new progress on the chart.

If you want your ship included on the chart, post the Community Content and/or download link below and I'll add it as soon as I'm able. I will accept submissions via PM if a download link is not available for whatever reason.

REGULATIONS
    *There is no upper size limit.
    *There is a lower size limit of 90 metres (either length or height in the case of a vertical ship).

*NO REPLICAS OF ANY KIND. This includes ships based off another sci-fi universe but not of an on-screen ship ('fanon' designs). This is a chart to show off the works of StarMade, not a generic sci-fi chart.
    *No hastily slapped together system bricks or 'doomcubes' of any kind.
    *Submitted ships must be your own work. I cannot accept submissions on behalf of another person for whatever reason - if you want their ship on the chart, tell them to contact me themselves. It's a matter of copyright and permissions.

Current progress: Version ALPHA 0.501

IMGUR ALBUM OF PAST VERSIONS:

TIPS TO GET BETTER SCREENSHOTS:
    To get a higher-quality sideprofile picture of your ship; Disable extra stars, stars and BG background along with other fancy backgrounds so that only blackness of space is visible around you and your ship.

Then align ship, spawn a core, put a camera on the core's right/left side. Go back to graphics options and downsize your Field of View to minimum (30). Then switch to the camera on your core and start moving from left to right and hitting F6 to take UI-less screenshots of your ship.

Grab what you think is a good picture and use it.
    If you want to go all the way, go to photoshop and get to work making the ship look as 2D as possible using the screenshots you made.

Last edited:

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    A massive community-driven project aimed at recording the size of as many StarMade ships as possible, for reference and comparison.

Original idea inspired by Lone_Puppy , HorribleHedgehog , and DirkLoechel of DeviantArt.

Ship lengths are calculated in pixels, e.g, if the ship is 200m, the ship is rendered as 200 pixels long on the chart.

This post will be continually updated with new progress on the chart.

If you want your ship included on the chart, post the Community Content and/or download link below and I'll add it as soon as I'm able. I'm unable to accept replicas of other Sci-fi or real ships and/or spaceborne lifeforms, as this chart is meant to show only original vessels that are built by StarMade's many talented shipwrights.

Current progress: Version ALPHA 0.01

(old version of Photoshop, I know ;-; , but it works and that's all I need)

• Test build
    • Ship faction, name and length will eventually be added as text next to each ship image.
    • More ships to be added soon
    Awesome! :)

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    damnit, so I cant submit a ship that was built as if it was a ship from a universe of something despite not being a replica of an existing ship in said universe? Or can I submit a ship that is "similar" to a ship in a universe but otherwise new and exclusive to starmade?

I have even confused myself :rolleyes:

anyway PGF RedBorn strike corvette possibly one of the smallest ships you will get. :P

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    ...I cant tell how big they are, we need a banana for scale.

Apart from that, we DO need a small scale slide thing at 50/100/150/200 at least because squinting to count pixels as size...

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    ...I cant tell how big they are, we need a banana for scale.
    Apart from that, we DO need a small scale slide thing at 50/100/150/200 at least because squinting to count pixels as size...
    Fighters and small ships in general are gonna be tough. I might just make anything under 100m long into a whole different chart, should alleviate the issue with small ships.
    And fine I'll add a banana :P

[doublepost=1471037852,1471037752][/doublepost]
    damnit, so I cant submit a ship that was built as if it was a ship from a universe of something despite not being a replica of an existing ship in said universe? Or can I submit a ship that is "similar" to a ship in a universe but otherwise new and exclusive to starmade?
    As long as said ship isn't an exact copy of another currently-existing sci-fi ship it will be fine.

Napther

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Oh god... What if.... What if I put my 800m titan up on stardock with its massive 200k mass turrets that are as big as most people's cruisers.... Moving on, whats the size of the ship on the second group, the first grey ship there next to the layers information. (4th one down as per supplied image) by chance?

Either way, I have an entire rack of ships for the fleet here: Napther_Fleet_Submission_1

Probably best you take the Trapezoid Frigate being the largest at 141m long, 27k mass. If you want, I can go and supply a standalone of the ship if you dont want the whole rack at once spawned in to delete the unused vessels off, etc.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Oh god... What if.... What if I put my 800m titan up on stardock with its massive 200k mass turrets that are as big as most people's cruisers.... Moving on, whats the size of the ship on the second group, the first grey ship there next to the layers information. (4th one down as per supplied image) by chance?

Either way, I have an entire rack of ships for the fleet here: Napther_Fleet_Submission_1

Probably best you take the Trapezoid Frigate being the largest at 141m long, 27k mass. If you want, I can go and supply a standalone of the ship if you dont want the whole rack at once spawned in to delete the unused vessels off, etc.
    I'm about to add an updated preliminary chart with the sizes and a couple extra ships so you can see the sizes there.

And sure I'll take a look at your fleet submission ships.

[doublepost=1471039079,1471039009][/doublepost]UPDATE: ALPHA 0.01a

• Added affiliation, name and size
    • Added several additional ships
    • Added jontyfreack 's PGF REDBORN STRIKE CORVETTE

Reactions: jontyfreack

Napther

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm about to add an updated preliminary chart with the sizes and a couple extra ships so you can see the sizes there.

And sure I'll take a look at your fleet submission ships.

[doublepost=1471039079,1471039009][/doublepost]UPDATE: ALPHA 0.01a

• Added affiliation, name and size
    • Added several additional ships
    • Added jontyfreack 's PGF REDBORN STRIKE CORVETTE
    I didnt realise so many were just Trinova/NFD/Trident ships with their different styles and colour schemes

And thanks, this'll be a long and interesting project. would be nice to see an assortment of in-game fleets and vessels so when a random player drops by he can see things he's seen in game and dread what's coming next if he keeps aggro on certain factions, lol

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I didnt realise so many were just Trinova/NFD/Trident ships with their different styles and colour schemes
    That's cus I'm lacking submissions :P I don't want to do ships without their owner's permission (with exceptions if the owner cannot be contacted)
    I'll get to yours tomorrow when I'm not so damned tired -_-

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Reason for me to speed up building! 500m ship in the works, and I really want to actually finish a project again, its been a while.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I think I will shove my titan unto this small thread once it is finished....
    Kinky ;)
    [doublepost=1471047470,1471047163][/doublepost]
    That's cus I'm lacking submissions :p I don't want to do ships without their owner's permission (with exceptions if the owner cannot be contacted)
    I'll get to yours tomorrow when I'm not so damned tired -_-
    I'd have a few submissions if it wasn't limited to ships that are not replicas :( I DO have one that is original but it's content that is based off of a universe. So fan art? but Starmade edition? is that acceptable?