Starmade Ship Showcases

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I hate to bring this up, but this not a very good classification system.

Any reasonably sized ship would automatically be classed as a titan because every other class is so jammed up in the <20000 mass range.

Something like the minotaur battlecruiser in the OP is a downscale version of the Starcraft Battlecruiser (which is much MUCH larger). The Starmade version is at most a light frigate.

I think a more accurate ship to represent a battlecruiser would be something like the Heldtech Damocles
    yeah,for starmade that is too small :P

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Any reasonably sized ship would automatically be classed as a titan because every other class is so jammed up in the <20000 mass range.

Something like the minotaur battlecruiser in the OP is a downscale version of the Starcraft Battlecruiser (which is much MUCH larger). The Starmade version is at most a light frigate.

I think a more accurate ship to represent a battlecruiser would be something like the Heldtech Damocles

Historically this sort of system has always been subject to creep as technology advances. A Roman trireme was the dreadnought of its day. It is now classified as "large rowboat"

Reaction score
    Is there a different place other than the official Starmade Database that we could send ship blueprints to?

There are several ships that I want to submit, however I don't want every person on this website to be able to download, use, and reverse engineer my hard work, or the classified tech many of my ships contain.

yeah,for starmade that is too small :p
    Heh
    I think 90% of your ships are titans on this scale

Also what's with the post editing time limit?
    Such a thing only encourages double posts.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Is there a different place other than the official Starmade Database that we could send ship blueprints to?

There are several ships that I want to submit, however I don't want every person on this website to be able to download, use, and reverse engineer my hard work, or the classified tech many of my ships contain.

Heh
    I think 90% of your ships are titans on this scale

You could PM the person you want it to receive with a dropbox link of your .sment.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    You can PM me, or email, dropbox, mediafire, all that if you want to submit ships.

The Ship classification system I used I've gone into extensively previously, it's based off Crusade and GROOVESTER's classification systems.

People have a habit of saying it's too small, saying that thus far though, I've been using the system for the past 5 months and it hasn't broken from the ships I've been showcasing. If need be, we'll scale all the masses up. But for now, it's working completely fine

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Look, my computer CANNOT handle a Damocles in a full fledged fight against a fleet of similar weight. That's how I base my ship classes - that's a titan, this is a battleship, this is will make my PC blow up if it moves fast, this is a fighter.....etc.

Not everyone has blazing fast PCs. I like the MFleet limit of 800 for this reason - for the most part, it keeps ships reasonably sized, and I rarely have to ask someone to "move your ship pls." I usually only do so when everyone starts having issues, not just myself.

I would love to have ship classes this big, but again, hardly anyone builds that big these days (I am one of them dang it :eek:), and there is a sizable community that doesn't have top of the line stuff for processing ships.

Reaction score
    @Bench

Hah, that's actually some pretty nice effects work. Most of it is simple enough, but I'm wondering how you did that rotating wireframe-looking thing. I can't think of a way to do it in After Effects (no way that wouldn't be really time consuming, anyway) so I assume that you either had an actual 3D wireframe model or you used something like Nuke.

In regards to the topic of the thread, I've got nothing worth submitting. Some pretty neat designs here, though.

Reaction score

I'm not so sure that everyone agrees on reasonable size there. I've only worked on one project at the 100k+ mass threshold and if it can be helped probably won't do so again any time too soon.

It's worth pointing out that the only prominently featured ship classification system on the forums lists the ship you call a Battlecruiser as a mid-weight Dreadnought.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hah, that's actually some pretty nice effects work. Most of it is simple enough, but I'm wondering how you did that rotating wireframe-looking thing. I can't think of a way to do it in After Effects (no way that wouldn't be really time consuming, anyway) so I assume that you either had an actual 3D wireframe model or you used something like Nuke.

In regards to the topic of the thread, I've got nothing worth submitting. Some pretty neat designs here, though.
    For the Ship spinning...
    I did a 360 of the ship I'm reviewing, then I have a Pre-Comp in After Effects that I put it in. That Pre-comp in turn has a bunch of effects added and the rotating wireframe pieces spin to the same speed as the 360 I filmed of the ship. Throw a few other pieces on top and that's basically it.

For the Shield display...
    I used an After Effects plugin called Plexus and used that to create and manipulate the wireframe shapes.

Reaction score
    For the Ship spinning...
    I did a 360 of the ship I'm reviewing, then I have a Pre-Comp in After Effects that I put it in. That Pre-comp in turn has a bunch of effects added and the rotating wireframe pieces spin to the same speed as the 360 I filmed of the ship. Throw a few other pieces on top and that's basically it.

For the Shield display...
    I used an After Effects plugin called Plexus and used that to create and manipulate the wireframe shapes.
    I've not heard of Plexus before. Pity it isn't free, but then I guess most good AE plugins aren't. I'd buy it but freelance editing isn't exactly showering me in money. I'll have to add it to the list of stuff I want but can't afford. TC particular will do me for now, though I don't think it's quite as fancy as Plexus. Serves me well enough, though.

Thanks for responding!

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    You can do some great stuff with Particular. I really enjoy the whole Trapcode suite.

Keep at it, I started off freelancing 9 years ago and just worked at expanding my plugin library little by little.

Here you can check out what I produce as a job...
    Http://YouTube.com/MichaelDebevec

Reaction score
    Are there rules about copyright and such? I would absolutly love to submit my star wars 1:1 Venator star destroyer but not if disneys gonna haul me off to jail....

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Are there rules about copyright and such? I would absolutly love to submit my star wars 1:1 Venator star destroyer but not if disneys gonna haul me off to jail....
    you'll be fine

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    It's a temporary measure for the station contest, so we don't have users making us work harder to see if they cheated with edited posts. It will be set back to normal when the stations have been chosen. The time will increase as the post history increases.

Awesome ships so far.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1

:Narrated by Morgan Freeman:

Its true, most of the already built ships on starmade are ridiculously huge compared to the size system Mr.Bench used on the contest, most of the ships blueprints already uploaded are just out of the size range.
    But*
    -The sizes he determined for this contest are (in my opinion) a really accurate and honestly great size ranking than the ship classification actually used, this being said, what is the "used system"?
    basicly, after talking with some players, i realized there's no fixed/established system to determinate it, but wait, i do know there's a lot of wikis with a lot of already created ones, some of em (like this one) are good and some are just madness, madness... (no, this is not sparta)
    And... Well on a general sight there's no way to say if a ship's small or big by just looking at it taking in count every player has its unique idea of what's big (mostly because they compare that planet sized ship with everything they see), most players take aroud 14hs+ (some a lot more) building super/mega huge ships that could crash most people games by just looking at how it moves from one sector to another. . . (im sure u experienced that atleast once if u played SM enough, if so, you know its true but somewhat funny hahaha)

So, that's the point we are talking about here, making just a "1" normal ship construction a 20-30+hours of plain mass block producing/placing work is unnecessarily exausting, time and resource consuming for new/initiated players and for you experienced veteran chuck norris level builders too, and if you think about it for a minute, it's also bad for the gameplay experience of most players n servers because you know as much as me that encouraging everybody to build 100k+ blocks not moon but planet sized ships to be able to even "stand" a couple of seconds against completly out of balance ships that can even be 10 times+ the size of a pirate station, is just killing the gameplay experience bro, for both new and experienced players.
    And now you realize that you already know why... yes you are completly right, n you know exactly why?: Because there's no chance for both you and the other player to taste or enjoy any "fair fights", "unfair fights" or even a damn "Fight" at all, and we know its true, you know its true and you are right bud!
    Because the player with the biggest ship on the server, the one that spent a week just building it like a god damn super chinese kind of slave thing working for hours and hours just to build 1, just 1 ship that 1 shot kills everybody else (or kills low end players Pc's by just facing em... lol...) and has enough shield cap to resist 2 supernovas. . .
    So... yeah, because of this we all are somehow forced to take in count just the "Size" (100k+ or die) and the Massive use of Shields n Guns into all the ships we wanna create on multiplayer, making the "forcedly used" ship class system and requirements to sail trou the universe a 1-way only "the fattest the better" kind of self-imposed rule leaving all hope of small/medium/big ships creation dreams from players that want to adventure on pvp and exploring the universe asap (gandalf deep voice) into the cold and dark void... leaving nothing but an empty and lone hole on the poor heart of the "SpaceShips evolution chain" . . .

:try of an "actual" server, graphic representation:
    A "who laggs the server more" with his ship contest (a couple of players, a couple of deus ex ships that never engage each other because it took to much time n effort for each one of their owners to build em that they don't want to lose em on a fight, and a small group of normal players that ll never try to fight em because they obiously no matter how hard they try'll never defeat em without owning a 999999.99 mass titan)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

and here's a representation of a server populates by a great variety of players with all kind of "normal" and good sized ships.

Original Story by T.c. Gontar.
    (True Facts Based on a real story)

Well lets not be thaaaat "dramatic", i know it was funny on a couple of points so lets just laugh at it, shall we?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    :Narrated by Morgan Freeman:

Its true, most of the already built ships on starmade are ridiculously huge compared to the size system Mr.Bench used on the contest, most of the ships blueprints already uploaded are just out of the size range.
    But*
    -The sizes he determined for this contest are (in my opinion) a really accurate and honestly great size ranking than the ship classification actually used, this being said, what is the "used system"?
    basicly, after talking with some players, i realized there's no fixed/established system to determinate it, but wait, i do know there's a lot of wikis with a lot of already created ones, some of em (like this one) are good and some are just madness, madness... (no, this is not sparta)
    And... Well on a general sight there's no way to say if a ship's small or big by just looking at it taking in count every player has its unique idea of what's big (mostly because they compare that planet sized ship with everything they see), most players take aroud 14hs+ (some a lot more) building super/mega huge ships that could crash most people games by just looking at how it moves from one sector to another. . . (im sure u experienced that atleast once if u played SM enough, if so, you know its true but somewhat funny hahaha)

So, that's the point we are talking about here, making just a "1" normal ship construction a 20-30+hours of plain mass block producing/placing work is unnecessarily exausting, time and resource consuming for new/initiated players and for you experienced veteran chuck norris level builders too, and if you think about it for a minute, it's also bad for the gameplay experience of most players n servers because you know as much as me that encouraging everybody to build 100k+ blocks not moon but planet sized ships to be able to even "stand" a couple of seconds against completly out of balance ships that can even be 10 times+ the size of a pirate station, is just killing the gameplay experience bro, for both new and experienced players.
    And now you realize that you already know why... yes you are completly right, n you know exactly why?: Because there's no chance for both you and the other player to taste or enjoy any "fair fights", "unfair fights" or even a damn "Fight" at all, and we know its true, you know its true and you are right bud!
    Because the player with the biggest ship on the server, the one that spent a week just building it like a god damn super chinese kind of slave thing working for hours and hours just to build 1, just 1 ship that 1 shot kills everybody else (or kills low end players Pc's by just facing em... lol...) and has enough shield cap to resist 2 supernovas. . .
    So... yeah, because of this we all are somehow forced to take in count just the "Size" (100k+ or die) and the Massive use of Shields n Guns into all the ships we wanna create on multiplayer, making the "forcedly used" ship class system and requirements to sail trou the universe a 1-way only "the fattest the better" kind of self-imposed rule leaving all hope of small/medium/big ships creation dreams from players that want to adventure on pvp and exploring the universe asap (gandalf deep voice) into the cold and dark void... leaving nothing but an empty and lone hole on the poor heart of the "SpaceShips evolution chain" . . .

:try of an "actual" server, graphic representation:
    A "who laggs the server more" with his ship contest (a couple of players, a couple of deus ex ships that never engage each other because it took to much time n effort for each one of their owners to build em that they don't want to lose em on a fight, and a small group of normal players that ll never try to fight em because they obiously no matter how hard they try'll never defeat em without owning a 999999.99 mass titan)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

and here's a representation of a server populates by a great variety of players with all kind of "normal" and good sized ships.

Original Story by T.c. Gontar.
    (True Facts Based on a real story)

Well lets not be thaaaat "dramatic", i know it was funny on a couple of points so lets just laugh at it, shall we?

GODDAMNIT, now i must read that in the morgan freeman voice.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    I totally agree with you GonTar , being stamade a game that reigns the superiority of having the largest ship, many novice players put aside their creativity and routed up the server you play inordinately large ships and stop aside other issues such as the game itself (creativity, competitiveness, camaraderie)

On the server I play, I like to keep an open mind to new challenges and try to steer in the right direction to new players, creating my own ships and what I like, create space stations, but always looks around the can only work with many dedicated to just that, get the blueprints with the largest ships.

for me, I do not like to create mega-hyper-super-ships, I love the design of them, they have a good appearance, and if you are the better functional, I do not like to stagnate in always the same (more bigger the better), I think this is because I have been Moderator for years in minecraft servers, how special something is in the details and functionality, not just prevails to be a big building

for instance, the players (and myself) that make more and bigger things, I ended up making a turret the size of an entire planet, just imagine ...

sorry for my bad english, i use google translator Y_Y

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    You can do some great stuff with Particular. I really enjoy the whole Trapcode suite.

Keep at it, I started off freelancing 9 years ago and just worked at expanding my plugin library little by little.

Here you can check out what I produce as a job...
    Http://YouTube.com/MichaelDebevec
    Awesome. I'd love to produce idents. Fairly simple but lots of room for creativity. For me it's a case of finding the work. I only recently got out of doing purely pro bono work, so my CV is still pretty weak. I've started looking into 3D design programs like 3DS Max and Blender to try and expand my skills a little. 2D compositing in AE is fine and all, but actual 3D models would do wonders.

My channel is pretty bland. It'd be worse if I uploaded some of the stuff I edit. Talking heads from charities are never fun.

Anyway, I'll stop cluttering up this thread. I'll go play Starmade or something.