StarMade Dev Update: Introducing Faction Points

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not in the initial FP system release I think. I do think, however, that it isn't likely that they'll control territory due to the nomadic nature of the faction. No, I think they'll just try to take your captured territory away.

Reaction score
    Wow, it actaully made me think. Since pirates are faction, will they control territory with new faction update? Will they send patrols? Or maybe backup to attacked sectors?
    Wow. We are getting definitely more depth to the game!
    Afaik AI factions will, eventually, behave like player factions would and try to claim/conquer territory. That is, however, not a simple task to accomplish, so that may take some time.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Sven, that's rather disappointing... I was hoping for you to show off the structure of the universe, not just the (awesome) new map and you constantly going to (and through) wormholes. Nevertheless, that looks awesome and I can't want to mess around with it a bit later.

EDIT: Ah, planets don't seem to be in yet; I see why you didn't really show off star systems. :p

EDIT 2: Also, IDK about you, but personally I was able to just admin warp out of wormholes. Try that next time you get stuck in a wormhole in singleplayer.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Sven, that's rather disappointing... I was hoping for you to show off the structure of the universe, not just the (awesome) new map and you constantly going to (and through) wormholes. Nevertheless, that looks awesome and I can't want to mess around with it a bit later.

EDIT: Ah, planets don't seem to be in yet; I see why you didn't really show off star systems. :p

EDIT 2: Also, IDK about you, but personally I was able to just admin warp out of wormholes. Try that next time you get stuck in a wormhole in singleplayer.
    The structure can be seen rather well in the new map, and the point of the video was more of a bug report than anything. I wish I was set up to record my first reactions as my jaw dropped when I loaded the game. I did manage to find a planetoid but it didn't appear to be in any orbit.

Do you know how long it took to fly to a new galaxy?

Reactions: flpsantoss
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I'm very impressed by the galaxy system. It's amazing just how big they really are, and it's just one galaxy. I can imagine two factions participating in intergalactic warfare with secret warpgates on the frontiers of the galaxy between the voids. (if the server can handle it that is!)

I'm getting more interested in multiplayer now, that's for sure.

Edit: I actually have a question for the devs if they're reading. In earlier dev Q&As, planet conquering was mentioned, and the idea that factions can claim faces of the planets instead of just the entire thing. Will this still be a thing along with taking entire systems? Or has the system claiming mechanic replaced that idea?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think system claiming indeed replaced that idea. It is a lot more fun to be honest, so I don't mind.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    What do the different dots represent? Different types of stars? Also, can you tell us more about planets? Different types of terrain? What kind of creatures would be there?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    What do the different dots represent? Different types of stars? Also, can you tell us more about planets? Different types of terrain? What kind of creatures would be there?
    The different dots are different-colored and sized stars, yes... As for planets, planet generation, aside from one earth-like planet (Same as the current release build ones) in the 0,0,0 system (Sector 8 8 5 for me) hasn't been implemented into the build as of the time this is written, so no answers on that yet. Also, I HIGHLY doubt that there will be creatures on planets for another month or two at least; I assume that Schema's mostly working on the physical planet generation-type stuff currently.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Ah, thanks. I was hoping planet size would be increased, seeing as there will be less of them

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ah, thanks. I was hoping planet size would be increased, seeing as there will be less of them
    Not by default, but feel free to do it yourself; Depending on your computer's capabilities you might be able to handle larger planets, which look beautiful when they aren't busy lagging your game to death. :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    In the latest dev build planets just are rare. So don't be surprised when you only find one planet. There should at least be a few more planets per system, yes, but not higher than 4 per system. "Normal" should be 2 planets planets per system. 1 and 3 planets should be rarer, and 0 and 4 should be very rare.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    In the latest dev build planets just are rare. So don't be surprised when you only find one planet. There should at least be a few more planets per system, yes, but not higher than 4 per system. "Normal" should be 2 planets planets per system. 1 and 3 planets should be rarer, and 0 and 4 should be very rare.
    There's currently only one planet in the entire universe right now, in the 0 0 0 star system. That's probably why they seem so rare.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Nope. Latest dev has planets in all systems, and a good amount (Around 4-5 seems average) of 'em too.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nope. Latest dev has planets in all systems, and a good amount (Around 4-5 seems average) of 'em too.
    What else changed? Do we have more galaxies displaying in the map? Are sector sizes bigger? Do we have multiple galaxy shapes? Please tell us!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Currently only the one galaxy, but honestly, do we need more? As for sector sizes, just change your sector size in the config to 5000 or do /sector_size 5000; apparently that's gonna be the new default.