therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Will this also eventually work with NPC crew so single player factions can still be useful?

Really like the new additions btw, I'm definitely going to start playing online now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    wow.... just wow.... I wasn't expecting the faction update for quite some time... Bravo Sir, Bravo.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius

Schema, you're amazing!!! =) Really looking forward to everything the future brings.[DOUBLEPOST=1414355696,1414355607][/DOUBLEPOST]I do have one question though, will admins be able to distribute faction points? I have a feeling that faction-based events could be a great way to increase FP as well as participation in certain events. Rather than just idly throwing credits/blocks around.

Reactions: aceface

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Looks like the hype train is back in station, folks!

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    NO CHAIRS??? but but... what is @aceface going to do now :(
    check out the latest dev[DOUBLEPOST=1414356013,1414355965][/DOUBLEPOST]

Schema, you're amazing!!! =) Really looking forward to everything the future brings.[DOUBLEPOST=1414355696,1414355607][/DOUBLEPOST]I do have one question though, will admins be able to distribute faction points? I have a feeling that faction-based events could be a great way to increase FP as well as participation in certain events. Rather than just idly throwing credits/blocks around.
    Yeah there will be admin commands to put faction point modification on hold for a time, admins will also be able to define sectors are safe zones where no points are lost from dying

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    It occurs to me that a whole system is an awful lot of space for a faction to be able to claim in one click... Will systems still be 16 x 16 x 16 once the universe update is totally implemented?

Would it not make more sense for factions to start with a single sector and then expand out from there?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Spawners... hmm....
    Also wasn't there supposed to be an FP cost for bases?

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Looks like the hype train is back in station, folks!

Yeah there will be admin commands to put faction point modification on hold for a time, admins will also be able to define sectors are safe zones where no points are lost from dying
    Oh that's convenient. But will we be able to give them like we do credits? Such as with a /give_fp command? I'm thinking of it basically as a prize, if I have a structured faction fleet battle I think it would be cool to give FP instead of credits to the winning faction.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    It occurs to me that a whole system is an awful lot of space for a faction to be able to claim in one click... Will systems still be 16 x 16 x 16 once the universe update is totally implemented?

Would it not make more sense for factions to start with a single sector and then expand out from there?
    This is something that is subject to the structure update, as there will be limited systems with stars in it (galaxy shape). Also systems themselves will have an asteroid belt and planets on an ellipse. That means there is a lot more space that is not really desirable, so there is more competition over space per se.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    As a soon to be server runner I am wondering if FP will be applied to NPC factions?