StarMade Dev Update: Introducing Faction Points

Reaction score
    is actual water implemented jet? I would love to see waterworlds. Submarines anyone? :D

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    is actual water implemented jet? I would love to see waterworlds. Submarines anyone? :D
    "Actual water" isn't going to happen... Minecraft-like water maybe, but then there's still the issue that a submerged ship would just clip into (and appear to fill with) water, which would look really strange. However, it's either that or we keep the solid water we have now; actual liquid physics, particularly with the massive complicated collision bodies we have in this game, would probably cause most CPUs to detonate with the force of a small antimatter bomb.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    right now you could set your waterblocks to walk through.
    a solid block of water is surely a little bit to unrealistic.
    maybe the waterblock could slow your movement speed, when you go through, would be nice

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    right now you could set your waterblocks to walk through.
    a solid block of water is surely a little bit to unrealistic.
    maybe the waterblock could slow your movement speed, when you go through, would be nice
    No, because for one thing that water doesn't flow, and for two, I use water as a solid, for force fields... If that happened my bridge on my cruiser would be inaccessible >.>
    MF already does that; please don't encourage it on other servers.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Sector size apparently is going to be 5000. And that really is huge.
    Sector size doesn't matter on the map. Everything still looks like a ball pit because of planets in adjacent sectors being visible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sector size doesn't matter on the map. Everything still looks like a ball pit because of planets in adjacent sectors being visible.
    I wasn't talking about the map, I was talking about the actual universe you fly in. And yes, you could use jump drives to go to them almost instantly, but good luck getting enough jump drives on your salvage ship.

Well, that and the asteroids are going to be a lot more useful (because there will be way, way more, or at least I hope).

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I wasn't talking about the map, I was talking about the actual universe you fly in. And yes, you could use jump drives to go to them almost instantly, but good luck getting enough jump drives on your salvage ship.

Well, that and the asteroids are going to be a lot more useful (because there will be way, way more, or at least I hope).
    You were quoting @Ithirahad, who's issue was with planets in adjacent systems showing up. Sorry if your reply to his post had nothing to do with his post and you confused me.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    +1 to you being able to walk through water. Make it so when it's place next to computers or amcs or missiles or whatever it increases efficiency, making it a coolant

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    +1 to you being able to walk through water. Make it so when it's place next to computers or amcs or missiles or whatever it increases efficiency, making it a coolant
    -1 to you being able to walk through CURRENT water. A new water block can be implemented with proper effects on players, but I like using current water as force fields, and I'm sure that I'm not alone... Besides, what's the point of completely intangible water that doesn't interact with players at all anyway? IMO it takes away more than it adds.