StarMade 0.94: More stability and lots of fixes

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Missile only turrets still do nothing, as soon as I put a weapons computer and a single AMC on them they spring to life and start firing missiles.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    no the new turning physics is good don\'t know what you\'re talking about

Reaction score
    \"docked entities will now be cloaked/jammed if the mothership is cloaked/jammed\"

Do the docked entities need their own cloaking/jamming device?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Block dupe/ Block deletion,

It seams that when placing or removing blocks at high rates it can create or delete \"extra blocks\"

allowing the creation of block from nothing(This is in ship build mode) or the removeal of blocks,it seams that very rapid(VERY) very rapid clicking is needed to obtain the effect, but it works repeatedly, and while symetry mode is active, which can give it a scary effectiveness.

to quote a respnse i got in public chat

03:52HadrasVorshoth

\"I guess that works via the game placing more blocks than you put down since you click to place a block faster than it can calculate whether it\'s already dropped the number you have, so it doubly places a block. Interesting.\"

Reaction score
    I noticed that missile projectiles still have very spazzy looking trails when tracking. How do they track their targets? Do they instantly move towards a target every time they recalculate? I\'ve seen a fix for this in another game where the projectiles have their direction vector clamped so it could only move 0.5 to 2degrees per tick, it was fairly simple code that worked like \"Limit=ang(1.5, 1.5, 1.5) clamp(Angle,(E:angles()-Limit),(E:angles()+Limit))\" where Angle is the target heading and E:angles() is the current angle. If you could figure out something like that missiles could be more balanced towards moving fast but turning slow so missile dodging becomes more of a dodging challenge instead of a slow going chase.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    i don\'t care, it\'s a lot better now because you can make nice fighters

Reaction score
    I love the new ship turning mechanics! Now my ship will actually turn around now :D

Thanks Schema! :D

Reaction score
    - cockpits now respect the orientation they were placed in (still a little wonky)

YESS!!!!Well schema another great update!

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just how upset the prebuild made me, I\'m soo satisfied with the release. Knowing it\'s actually one man doing all the coding, Schema is the God of Java - a title I only gave to Mojang collectively so far, but you just outdid them. I\'m glad that I can see this game evolve into something really, truly epic. I\'ll be looking forward to future updates!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    They need to make thrusters placed on extremities of the ship boost turn rate along it\'s axis. Like how I typically design ships with pylon thrusters, those should turn better than a single centerline thruster. Add thruster calculation to the current design, and it will be perfect.

Reaction score
    There is a bug where if I am in any ship and I experience any lag, I lose total control of the ship. I just keep on moving around the screen. It must have something to do with the new turning mechanics because it only happens while I am in a ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have downloaded the new version (3 times even) but it says that it is version 0.0. And I can\'t find the new version files in my folder. I tried downloading it manually, but all I see is a bunch of random linked numbers (literally) lined up the page, and I don\'t know which one is the latest version. Is there a way how to get the new version with all of my files?

Reaction score
    at 12:10 P.M. EST the server is not taking any connections. Is it down for maintenance or does the old version of the ip no longer work?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    schema i\'m not seeing any option in server.cfg about turning speed, even if i delete it so it generates a new one and play a bit, it\'s still not there :(

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Stop and really think about what you are doing when you try to turn a 1.5km in 5 seconds. You are trying to accelerate tons of material on a 750M lever arm. You\'ve just deformed every known structural material under the strain and liquified your crew. Anything else is nothing short of cartoon physics.

Star Trek almost gets away with it because they at least acknowledge the problem and have a made-up technology to counter it (subspace field). Now, I\'d be in favor of that solution in the game! Build a big ship, deal with big-ship physics where rotation speeds (that don\'t kill the crew) are limited proportionally to m*r^2. But have some mechanism where you can burn a lot of power to lower the effective mass of the ship for quick maneuvering at the cost of power for other subsystems.