StarMade 0.1862 New Stations & Faction Security

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    its suppose to be a ghost ship that drifts aimlessly through out the universe.
    here. i made a video trailer for it
    They are quite common and very large, the damage was a nice touch and it is a really cool station don't get me wrong, I just don't think it fit's in with the others and the general feel of the game... Just my opinion anyway.

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    > new docking system (including a rail system, and a new turret system)

Someone put me in kryo-sleep please? I can't wait for that

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I can't wait to play with these stations! (Wait! I don't have to! *starts up SM*)

*Reads on...* "Rails!" *Decides to wait, for raiiillllsss*

Reaction score
    Anyone else having trouble with the Linux update? Tried updating, seemed to pause, killed to reload, said it was up to date, tried force,said it was up to date, deleted version.text, froze again. Wiped Starmade folder, froze after downloading Starmade Linux SH file.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Faction permissions seem pretty boss. I especially like the friendly fire option. More automation is always (almost always) a good thing.

Congrats again to the station winners. Personally, I can't wait for the next contest to see some more sweet new stations. I think I'll have to enter something too this time around.

Reaction score
    Anyone else having trouble with the Linux update? Tried updating, seemed to pause, killed to reload, said it was up to date, tried force,said it was up to date, deleted version.text, froze again. Wiped Starmade folder, froze after downloading Starmade Linux SH file.
    I believe the interface just doesn't redraw when it's finished, that has happened to me before several times.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    "The redesign of the HUD/GUI is in works, and we hope to get the update out before christmas. Then work on a new docking system (including a rail system, and a new turret system) will begin."

HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL A RAIL SYSTEM ALSO GUI BEFORE CHRISTMAS WAS NOT EXPECTING 10/10

ALSO ROUND TWO OF THE STATION CONTEST LETS DO THIS I AM READY.

Reactions: Mariux
    Reaction score
    I believe the interface just doesn't redraw when it's finished, that has happened to me before several times.
    Oh no... this is when trying to update via command line... I'm trying to update my server and the update just stops.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Well this is interesting, pirate stations are now much harder to defeat, they send wave after wave of pirates at you. Then when you finally kill the station, its decayed and you get only the items in the chests as spoils.

Reactions: WarmasterRaptor
    Reaction score
    Fucking Beautiful, updates never disappoint. Wonderful work Schema, as well as all of the peeps who did the station contest.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    And suddenly the universe is a lot more alive. Great to see the stations finally in.

New Turret system?! Sounds exciting... and rails?! are we going to get rotors as well, I can't wait for spinning radar dishes.

MY favorite derelict has to be the medical station, it really does look the part. I can see a lot of players calling Tranquility station home in the future although it doesn't really feel like it is a derelict. Also having one of the stations being a large battleship seems out of place though.
    It’s not a derelict. Not really. Like I said in the description. More mothballed then abandoned. So it’s functional just not in operation at the moment. I was aiming for people to be able to move right in.

I already have an updates version of the station available as well. I recommend people updating the station files if updates are available.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/tranquility-station-contest.1070

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Moving parts? Does that include rotors or only rails?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I can't load the patch. My launcher says: Retrieving Launcher Version and there it stucks

winggar

That One Nerd
    Reaction score
    I can only find the default old stations. I already updated but I do get a few file not found exceptions, help?

Reaction score
    I'm glad that the stations and the faction permissions were sorted out. Looking forward to the new turret system, too! Keep up the good work!

Reaction score
    It would be really awesome if the rail systems:
    1) could be built by the player (the carriages)
    2) could be used on ships (then I can make the Ishimura)

Also I'm not the only one who gets a sense of inferiority when looking at these stations am I? Just look at them, it's like turning up to a Ferrari meeting in a Robin Reliant.