StarMade 0.185 Blueprint Meta Items

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Well, let's wait and see what this week will be like. I'll only come up with more posts regarding this subject after that.

I'll just leave one quick note for who saw the most recent non-official trailers : there was one (which I don't have the link with me and I don't have time to search now) that most people claimed that is was not good for propaganda. Why ? Because most of the trailer had more screentime with ships going mining and people crafting stuff instead of ships engaging in combat or traveling around, and this is boring.

Think about that.

Anyway, all I can do right now is praying that I am wrong.

Quick-edit to avoid double-post :
    blow up a planet and it will respawn later ;)
    They do ? Since when ?

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I think that what's most important, is that players are given a choice on how they want to aquire their blueprint ships, unlike the dev build. I think I'll have some fun playing around with the new system.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Having something like fuel would change gameplay a lot. If shops sold it then credits would be useful.

Give giant motherships a purpose. Giant fuel tanks.
    Also, Mayby have bobbi AI on turrents use a lot of power?
    Would make gameplay a lot more challenging. Trying to balance power and fuel as the more power you need the more fuel you need to burn.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    I understand what is a meta item, so only blueprint is available as meta item for now? I was hoping weapons like the rocket launcher
    The advanced shop (at 2 2 2 on default) contains a trading guild NPC that now sells you meta items like pistols,rocket launchers,power supply pistols,...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I am not sure about this but how are you ment to spawn ships in that take up more inventory slots than your inventory has (if there is a way please explain) .Second i was talking to a few of the other admins on a server i play on they agreed that it is very difficult to get a starter ship now i used to be able to get a ship for 36 mill that would last me a long time but now to get that ship instead of one hour or 2 of playing it will take me around about 30 to get every single block for it, i just don't see how this is very good i know it will reduce some bad things but it will also lose out on new players if i was a brand new player and i went onto a server with this on i would probably quit the game as well as my friends so i hardly see how this is a good thing if it was you could buy with block or credits but credits took 2 or 3 times the amount this would require to increase the credit cap but it would make new players at least have a choice i am sorry if this is feeling to negative to the game or its missing information that i should know but i looked at this and almost fell over so i did not do a lot of research into it.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    I am not sure about this but how are you ment to spawn ships in that take up more inventory slots than your inventory has (if there is a way please explain) .Second i was talking to a few of the other admins on a server i play on they agreed that it is very difficult to get a starter ship now i used to be able to get a ship for 36 mill that would last me a long time but now to get that ship instead of one hour or 2 of playing it will take me around about 30 to get every single block for it, i just don't see how this is very good i know it will reduce some bad things but it will also lose out on new players if i was a brand new player and i went onto a server with this on i would probably quit the game as well as my friends so i hardly see how this is a good thing if it was you could buy with block or credits but credits took 2 or 3 times the amount this would require to increase the credit cap but it would make new players at least have a choice i am sorry if this is feeling to negative to the game or its missing information that i should know but i looked at this and almost fell over so i did not do a lot of research into it.
    You can add as many items as you can fit in your inventory, once added just remove those from your inventory and replace them with the other materials you need and then add those. This pretty much makes every ship spawn able with blocks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Uhhh.... I've been playing on 5 different servers year trough, and I always started with basic 25k credits, took some salvage beams and gone on my own fortune. I've never ever relyed on any ships, but m own. Seriously, even when I just discovered the game. New players should be able to do this, just as I am. Stop asking for free stuff already. If the server gives you friggin 36mil (fully armored and armed Destroyer, the largest ship I have atm since I've started anew on EE server, worth ~100mil), then you can just buy whatever resources you might need and start whatever way you want. New players aren't supposed to start with Cruisers. For one, they can buy a very crappy or outdated one and waste all the starting money. It's at very least better when you have the blueprint and can see what the ship is about.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It looks like you can get blueprints for free. I suggest charging a small amount of credits for each blueprint (depending on ship mass). (Kind of like buying real plans off the internet) The credits would go to the blueprint designer. This would allow good designers to make some credits from their efforts.
    Um how does that work? you still need to buy the resources......From what i've seen on elwyn its now a massive pain in the ass as one needs to get ALLL the material for a ship, so the more detailed the ship the worse.
    Public catalog, still need to buy the resources so where does free come into it?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Uhhh.... I've been playing on 5 different servers year trough, and I always started with basic 25k credits, took some salvage beams and gone on my own fortune. I've never ever relyed on any ships, but m own. Seriously, even when I just discovered the game. New players should be able to do this, just as I am. Stop asking for free stuff already. If the server gives you friggin 36mil (fully armored and armed Destroyer, the largest ship I have atm since I've started anew on EE server, worth ~100mil), then you can just buy whatever resources you might need and start whatever way you want. New players aren't supposed to start with Cruisers. For one, they can buy a very crappy or outdated one and waste all the starting money. It's at very least better when you have the blueprint and can see what the ship is about.
    i play on elwin and i was just on all i hear is people complaining about this and not all blueprinted ships are outdated in fact most blueprints are upto date or else they would not be uploaded. Then there is the fact we are not asking for anything for free i don't remember saying anything about getting ships for free i still have to work for the ships and not one server i played on gave more than 10 mill starting credits i am even admin on one server not once have i heard people asking for a free ships. so all in all really it still does not change the fact that it was better to use credits also another thing what about people who know nothing about factories that makes it very bad for new players as well.a few player i have heard have even felt like quitting the game because it has became to grindy i sometimes play only for an hour what about the other players like that they won't have the time to get everything for the ship they made in single player and get it on a multi player server.

Captainredfox

Custom titles... neat
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I also think that salvage is ok-ish now but I still think it should have a quicker cooldown and about 40% of the current power consumption. It'd be golden then.

I feel like I'm nitpicking but now mining is a major part of the game now with the new blueprint system I think that it should be very easy to build and use.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Here is a suggestion for a whole new gameplay style to grow out of this feature. If a player puts a blueprint in a shipyard the shipyard would quote a cost to the player. Then the shipyard could send out an announcement that it needs blocks. You could click on a shipyard in the map screen and have it tell you what blocks it needs. The shipyard will pay more than regular shops. Players will race to finish blocks and be the first to deliver them to the shipyard to earn the larger price. This would be a great gameplay feature for those of us that aren't into combat as much. Also it would be good for player pirates because they would know where to go to look for incoming merchant players.

Ships wouldn't appear out of nothing, they would still need to be built from gathered blocks, but other people could help. This would give a use for credits and blocks.

The player who is having the ship built can bring his own blocks to help reduce the cost of building the ship
    I can just picture a pair of cargo ships speeding towards a shipyard to get the best price... blasting at each other the whole way to eliminate the competition.

Reactions: Snk

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Awesome work! This update is going to open up a whole new business in servers; ship builders. Give them your blueprints and they build them for you! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1417544107,1417543990][/DOUBLEPOST]
    and so one of the greatest updates of our times is here...,and with it..the beginning of the end for all Titan warships :) rejoice!!!!! :D
    This is sure gonna make people stop uploading huge frigates when the join a server. :P This is also gonna make me stop that. :P :P[DOUBLEPOST=1417544359][/DOUBLEPOST]
    A meta item is like the guns and helmets. There are many useful meta items we simply can't craft yet. For now they will do nicely. I imagine selling guns near an on-foot PvP arena would make a pretty penny if 'drop inventory on death' were enabled in that sector.
    Oh, yesss! I'm gonna do that... *looks for server* :mad: Give me yo guns or dieee! :p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    and so one of the greatest updates of our times is here...,and with it..the beginning of the end for all Titan warships :) rejoice!!!!! :D
    noooooo I love titans, well then, better build things on actuall servers then :([DOUBLEPOST=1417547037,1417546571][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I think Blueprints are going to be a metaitem that will have to be manually managed. If you want someone's blueprint, you have to ask for them or steal them.
    yeah it will stop big factions stealing each others ships with spies

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i play on elwin and i was just on all
    On all? Lies.
    all i hear is people complaining about this
    We're seems to play on different Elwyn servers then. Because I didn't hear anything like this.
    not all blueprinted ships are outdated in fact most blueprints are upto date or else they would not be uploaded
    ANd I'm not saying they're all outdated. Server do not ask you 'are the blueprint you're uploading is up to date?', people can upload whatever they want to. When I've been playing on RedShift, about a half of uploaded blueprints had outdated power and thrust systems. All it took to upload them were the looks. Same is valid still. The only reason you had little issues with it on EE is that the amount of publically available blueprints consists less than 5% of the designs there actually is. Most of them simply dedicated for factions they're built for by permission system.
    Then there is the fact we are not asking for anything for free i don't remember saying anything about getting ships for free i still have to work for the ships and not one server i played on gave more than 10 mill starting credits i am even admin on one server not once have i heard people asking for a free ships. so all in all really it still does not change the fact that it was better to use credits
    You were given free credits for votes, and now they're no use for a quick start, what a shame. Stop walking around and about. Everyone used to easy ship being a given. I didn't. I used my starting money to get a basic 4-ray salvager, picked a system and begun working around. Two weeks later I have two stations with factories for varied goods and a shop full of stuff. So no, it wasn't better. It was easier.
    also another thing what about people who know nothing about factories that makes it very bad for new players as well
    Everyone were a new player. Everyone were new to every mechanic in the game. Know nothing about factories? Read the damn item descriptions. Ask other player who do. Still can't wrap your head around it? Then mine damn resources, sell them and buy the block you need from shops or players. Can't build a good ship? Buy one from a player
    a few player i have heard have even felt like quitting the game because it has became to grindy
    It's their decision. There's no similar multiplayer game that does not involve grinding something. That's how progression works.
    i sometimes play only for an hour what about the other players like that they won't have the time to get everything for the ship they made in single player and get it on a multi player server.
    So first you tell me that you played on all servers and stuff, and had a 35mil ship. Then you suddenly tell me that you play for an hour or so. Then you tell me that people have time to build their ships in single player, but has no time to build them naturally in multiplayer. That's... quite contradicting.

Anyway, if you can't give it enough time, just don't. If you can't achieve something alone, join a faction or start one. And if you won't then don't tell me that you deserve a good ship without any effort given.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    i play on elwin and i was just on all i hear is people complaining about this and not all blueprinted ships are outdated in fact most blueprints are upto date or else they would not be uploaded. Then there is the fact we are not asking for anything for free i don't remember saying anything about getting ships for free i still have to work for the ships and not one server i played on gave more than 10 mill starting credits i am even admin on one server not once have i heard people asking for a free ships. so all in all really it still does not change the fact that it was better to use credits also another thing what about people who know nothing about factories that makes it very bad for new players as well.a few player i have heard have even felt like quitting the game because it has became to grindy i sometimes play only for an hour what about the other players like that they won't have the time to get everything for the ship they made in single player and get it on a multi player server.
    by "playing" on elwyn I assume you mean just joining and grieving factions and trying to blame it on the leaders

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    On all? Lies.

We're seems to play on different Elwyn servers then. Because I didn't hear anything like this.

ANd I'm not saying they're all outdated. Server do not ask you 'are the blueprint you're uploading is up to date?', people can upload whatever they want to. When I've been playing on RedShift, about a half of uploaded blueprints had outdated power and thrust systems. All it took to upload them were the looks. Same is valid still. The only reason you had little issues with it on EE is that the amount of publically available blueprints consists less than 5% of the designs there actually is. Most of them simply dedicated for factions they're built for by permission system.

You were given free credits for votes, and now they're no use for a quick start, what a shame. Stop walking around and about. Everyone used to easy ship being a given. I didn't. I used my starting money to get a basic 4-ray salvager, picked a system and begun working around. Two weeks later I have two stations with factories for varied goods and a shop full of stuff. So no, it wasn't better. It was easier.

Everyone were a new player. Everyone were new to every mechanic in the game. Know nothing about factories? Read the damn item descriptions. Ask other player who do. Still can't wrap your head around it? Then mine damn resources, sell them and buy the block you need from shops or players. Can't build a good ship? Buy one from a player

It's their decision. There's no similar multiplayer game that does not involve grinding something. That's how progression works.

So first you tell me that you played on all servers and stuff, and had a 35mil ship. Then you suddenly tell me that you play for an hour or so. Then you tell me that people have time to build their ships in single player, but has no time to build them naturally in multiplayer. That's... quite contradicting.

Anyway, if you can't give it enough time, just don't. If you can't achieve something alone, join a faction or start one. And if you won't then don't tell me that you deserve a good ship without any effort given.
    its so easy to criticize when you take only segments when i meant all it was referring to all i can hear its quieted down now since i was just on to see if the starfleet head of engineering was on. also i forgot to vote mostly and you did not have to vote and last i checked we did not ask for vote rewards either AND I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT PLAYING ON ALL SERVERS also blurb357 no i actually have been part of starfleet for quite a while i have been working my way up the ranks trying to help whenever possible so no not just joining a faction and grieving factions then blaming it on the leaders at one point i was not able to play on elwin yes because my computer kept crashing and now i have been busy on other servers as well like stardrift a small little server that i am admin on so i help anyone in need i still up hold the prime directive

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    its so easy to criticize when you take only segments when i meant all it was referring to all i can hear its quieted down now since i was just on to see if the starfleet head of engineering was on
    Maybe if you tried using preper English that wouldn't be an issue. All I see is wall of text and thus I'm free to interpret it as I see fit.
    vote mostly and you did not have to vote and last i checked we did not ask for vote rewards either
    Then I can hardly imagine how you have got 35mil ship with no issues and how blueprint overhaul somehow impedes it now.
    also blurb357 no i actually have been part of starfleet for quite a while i have been working my way up the ranks trying to help whenever possible so no not just joining a faction and grieving factions then blaming it on the leaders at one point i was not able to play on elwin yes because my computer kept crashing
    Cool story bro. How does all that thing relates to what you complain about and what I has to say about it? And what blurb has to do with it in the first place?
    and now i have been busy on other servers as well like stardrift a small little server that i am admin on so i help anyone in need i still up hold the prime directive
    So, as you said earlier, you have really small time window for playing, and to make yourself even more miserable you've now split it even thinner between multiple servers? o_O