Something about wormholes/black holes
    Wormholes/black holes have a frigin huge gravity well

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Something about wormholes/black holes
    Wormholes/black holes have a frigin huge gravity well
    They actually aren't as big as they used to be. The acceleration used to be enormous, but now you can get away from them even with big ships, and even larger ships if you use the stop effect defensively.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    You mention multiple galaxies in the update notes. How do we travel between them? My understanding was that travelling between galaxies would use hyperspace.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You mention multiple galaxies in the update notes. How do we travel between them? My understanding was that travelling between galaxies would use hyperspace.
    Hyperspace has yet to be added. By the calculation of some of the testers, it takes about an hour of continuous jumping to get to the other galaxy.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Or you could just make yourself an admin in singleplayer ans use admin warp from the mao to get to the next galaxy.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    What's the ID of the two scanner blocks?
    I don't know myself, but the block editor (under the "modding" tab in the second launch window) shows the ID. So if you want to know, you could just look there. Same applies for every other block by the way.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I was hoping the new scanner would have a texture before release... Oh well I'm sure it will happen soon. The new weapon configs seem like a step in the right direction (well maybe not the pulse missiles speed).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It sounds all very interesting, obviously time to go for a fresh install for this one. :cool:

I am a little puzzled how the faction points stuff will work out for single-player mode, but I presume I'll see what happens.

Thanks guys, looks like a milestone update. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The amount of amazing in this update is... well, amazing. While the initial "WHOA" factor for this release has been diminished for me by the fact that I've been busy testing it and watching it develop dev build by dev build, that doesn't change the fact that this is one hell of a good job by Schema, and I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

Reaction score
    amazing, thank you schema for another fantastic update.

on an interesting note, when loading up my old world to export my sector, i had a drastically reduced frame rate compared to normally (i have a very large station and its been getting slowly laggier as i build it, but its was never this laggy) but after importing my sector/station into a new universe, i now have greatly improved performance! better then ever before. i duno what you did, but it worked!

so just a heads up to everyone, if your getting performance issues in an old universe, try importing your sector into a new universe before messing with any of your settings. at least thats the experience i had.

previously i was getting around 90 FPS when building my station. then as i was exporting in the newst update i was getting between 30 - 40. now im around 300+! amaze balls!

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    I like the new ship module shopping folders , they save time scrolling.

Asteroid belts add a lot more structure to the game. As does the lower density of shops.

I'm not sure what's the point of basic hull blocks - they take as much mass as anything else. Still hindering performance too much to bother.

Reaction score
    I'm not sure what's the point of basic hull blocks - they take as much mass as anything else. Still hindering performance too much to bother.
    basic hull is basically to give us a cheap building material, while giving armour a more dedicated role as actual armour. when going crafting only armour is much more precious and as a result some players were building their stations and ships out of rocks and other odd items. (because armour is expensive) so thus basic armour was born and now we can build stuff out of metal again :)

edit to add: do shops show up in the map? i seem to be having trouble finding any at all other then the default spawn shop. im this close to makeing a thread in the game support sub forum on this topic.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Will the current default stations be kept when the new stations are added into the game? Will they be changed at all?

The default abandoned station is ok, but it needs wedging. And the rooms don't connect to each other, which is weird.

Reaction score
    Kinda drooled over my keyboard when I pressed 'P' to check out the galaxy map : D

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    edit to add: do shops show up in the map? i seem to be having trouble finding any at all other then the default spawn shop. im this close to makeing a thread in the game support sub forum on this topic.

Bumping this because the Stone Legions test server is also having difficulty.

Captainredfox

Custom titles... neat
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well now salvage beams take an ungodly amount of power. With a salvage-missile system it took 3 million power and without missiles took 1 million. This is on a 5k mass ship.

Edit: Just tested, each salvage module uses 500 power. I personally think this is way too much, It was fine before if you ask me.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    So much "F*ck yea" in this update.
    • Epic map? F*ck yea
    • Epic galaxies? F*ck yea
    • Wormholes? F*ck yea
    • Different suns? F*ck yea
    • Proper faction warfare system? F*ck yea
    • Server stability fixes? F*CK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!