StarMade 0.18 - A new Universe

Captainredfox

Custom titles... neat
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That is a bug. It is supposed to be based on damage. I'd post a thread in the game support section if I were you. If you don't want to, I'll be more than happy to do it myslef after I've done the proper testing (I need to see it for myself to explain it peoperly).
    I'll perform more tests; but I will try to post a thread today.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is a value in the behaviour config called salvage damage. I might do some testing with it today, and post a thread by the general discussion with my findings. It is a new value, and if it does what I hope it does, it will be quite cool and fix lots of balancing issues.

I will also post a fix for the current excessive power consumption. It's just simple config stuff, easy to do and doesn't require a lot of time.

Reaction score
    Amazing update! The universe feels so much more tangible now since you can actually navigate it. This game is becoming more and more perfect with every update.

I have a suggestion regarding the void systems--could they perhaps be changed so that they don't have light sources? It would really change the atmosphere of those empty spaces if there wasn't an invisible sun as there is now--ships being cloaked in darkness would really make it feel like the unknown frontier. Objects don't have to be necessarily rendered as though they are entirely black (as would be realistic), but perhaps as though the entire ship is in shadow as opposed to one side like in normal systems.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    moin...es wär nett wenn ihr mal die stationen euch nochmal anschaut....da sie zum teil alle nicht fertig sind,
    und ne info zur version 0.1801 und 0.1802 wär och nett...danke

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Why is the max missile range something like 12000 k and cannons are 8000 k? I would think it would be the other way round.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is a value in the behaviour config called salvage damage. I might do some testing with it today, and post a thread by the general discussion with my findings. It is a new value, and if it does what I hope it does, it will be quite cool and fix lots of balancing issues.

I will also post a fix for the current excessive power consumption. It's just simple config stuff, easy to do and doesn't require a lot of time.
    Update on this statement: salvage is seriously broken. The cannon combination is even more OP than it used to be, and the only thing the increased power consumption does is bad things. I can't fix it in the config either, it is a calculation outside of it. :([DOUBLEPOST=1415292636,1415292188][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Why is the max missile range something like 12000 k and cannons are 8000 k? I would think it would be the other way round.
    Duuuuuuuude! How big is your sector? The distance is based on sectors, so what on earth did you do to the poor game?!

Anyway, missile aren't a direct hit and can be shot down. It is balanced like this, so it can be left like that IMO.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Noooooo!!! Black holes are different from worm holes!
    *sits down and cries*
    *stops crying because sitting is possible*

Why does this remind me of the mine craft 1.7 update, just way better
    I don't know, 1.7 made me quit the game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Noooooo!!! Black holes are different from worm holes!
    *sits down and cries*
    *stops crying because sitting is possible*

I don't know, 1.7 made me quit the game.
    It made me quit the game too. Probably because all the mods weren't out for a very long time. And that made me realise that minecraft was actually really dull.

And then I found this game... Seriously, this game saved gaming.

Reaction score
    moin...es wär nett wenn ihr mal die stationen euch nochmal anschaut....da sie zum teil alle nicht fertig sind,
    und ne info zur version 0.1801 und 0.1802 wär och nett...danke
    Translation (fixed grammar in the process :P ):
    Hi. It would be nice if you could take a look at the stations again, because some of them are unfinished.
    Some info regarding versions 0.1801 and 0.1802 would be nice, too.
    Thanks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Oh yes. Sitting. Now with chairs as well as rockets in starmade, could someone please replicate this?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Sitting is cool and all I but i did find one small fault

Seriously, can we at least get some clipping on the character model so we can sit closer? We get up in the middle of the block anyways so it shouldn't cause any problems

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Sitting is cool and all I but i did find one small fault

Seriously, can we at least get some clipping on the character model so we can sit closer? We get up in the middle of the block anyways so it shouldn't cause any problems
    You put your chair a meter away from the desk. Just move it closer.

Reaction score
    Sitting wouldnt be very realistic anyway. No one sits on the ISS, they just kind of float.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    try doing that yourself and you'll understand the point of the picture
    I put all of my chairs in as I've described (minus big captainy chairs, which are usually a bit further away)

I don't see how allowing the player to clip into things slightly would solve the issue of your chair being a whole meter away, anyway. Should I take a picture of a chair a meter away from a table to prove my point, or do you get it?

Sitting wouldnt be very realistic anyway. No one sits on the ISS, they just kind of float.
    Starmade is not a realistic game. We have artificial gravity, infinite energy, small planets, various types of FTL, and more.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I don't see how allowing the player to clip into things slightly would solve the issue of your chair being a whole meter away, anyway. Should I take a picture of a chair a meter away from a table to prove my point, or do you get it?
    What he's saying is that if he places the chair right in front of another block, he gets a "Position Blocked" message when he tries to sit on it. Instead of having it block the character from sitting, he's suggesting that player feet simply be allowed to clip a tiny bit into the front of the block in front of it, which wouldn't be noticeable anyway.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I put all of my chairs in as I've described (minus big captainy chairs, which are usually a bit further away)

i hope this helps you understand. i want to sit down on the wedge but the game won't let me. hence the whole moving the block back one whole space

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Ah, sorry. I haven't been able to test out the new sitting yet.

I think a different sitting animation for those situations would be a good fix. The character would sit in a way that would allow them to fit with their legs under the wedge/desk.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Ah, sorry. I haven't been able to test out the new sitting yet.

I think a different sitting animation for those situations would be a good fix. The character would sit in a way that would allow them to fit with their legs under the wedge/desk.
    judging from what we have already all thats needed is to enable clipping since the our legs sit low enough to fit under the desk. @schema please consider this