StarMade 0.175 Custom Server Textures, Fixes, and Secret

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I was probably using this glitch to my advantage though all i had was a 60% ion effect and 100% overdrive that useda little under 1000 blocks each, this I know is inncorrect, but with the update I would be using over 1/6 of my ship to do the same thing, no i like having full interiors on my ship with curves on the hull. so I cannot afford to use that much of my ship for any of the effects instead of 20k overdrive blocks I think that 5k would probably be more reasonable
    since we were taking our observations from a flawed calculations up to this point, there is room for adjustments of course. sorry about that[DOUBLEPOST=1413720367,1413720252][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Submitted the injection bug report http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/1144
    ty, i'll fix that asap. we couldn't do much testing on that on a broader scale

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ty, i'll fix that asap. we couldn't do much testing on that on a broader scale
    Remaking the Immersive blocks mod which prolly does as much with the block config as possible lol, so any bugs with it will most likely be found quickly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm personally planning another mod. It should be fun ;)

Although it looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer. I don't understand most of what's in the actual config file, I get as far as knowing what the numbers do and I know most of the values, but I really need the block editor. Otherwise there will be so many problems - problems that I won't know how to fix. At least in the block editor everything is easy to use and understand.

Edit: So apparently the block editor can open different files, but when I tried to open the custom config file the following bug occurred: http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/1145
    It also is impossible to create a new entry in the block editor due to this bug: http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/1143

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm personally planning another mod. It should be fun ;)

Although it looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer. I don't understand most of what's in the actual config file, I get as far as knowing what the numbers do and I know most of the values, but I really need the block editor. Otherwise there will be so many problems - problems that I won't know how to fix. At least in the block editor everything is easy to use and understand.

Edit: So apparently the block editor can open different files, but when I tried to open the custom config file the following bug occurred: http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/1145
    It also is impossible to create a new entry in the block editor due to this bug: http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/1143
    Yeah, the built in block editor is kinda seriously borked. I use notepad++ for editing. it lets you use copy and paste and add in 25 blocks in 15 mins or so

Currently Immersive blocks stands at 100 new blocks, and I still have a few to add :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The block editor is fine for editing all the existing blocks, but new ones cause loads of problems.
    My biggest problem with not using the config is that all the names I'd have to use for making my mod aren't easy to remember, as they use all the old names. The raw resources are even worse; they're just a string of letters and numbers.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So... Now there are bugs (er, arachnoids) in the game on PURPOSE? It was bad enough when all the bugs were accidental... XD

...Jokes aside, this sounds like an awesome update, though I really can't wait for this whole universe thing to finish up. However, I noticed that the spiders don't seem to become your enemy until you shoot one. Does that mean that there's now a hidden Spider faction?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    In the few months that I have been playing starmade (only since late june this year) I have seen some amazing developments, but this is my favorite update yet, just because of the awesome custom block support. And I know it has a few issues right now, but it still is incredible.

And then we've still got the universe update and the now quite close creature update. I honestly can't fully grasp how amazing this game actually is.

And someone once said that potential is just what's not in the game, but potential features for starmade have a funny way of almost always getting implemented. Oh, I really love this game!

Reactions: Ithirahad

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    May I recommend that (for now) these spiders also spawn on purple planets? Purple planets tend to be really fun battlefields, and it would just be awesome to be running around on tentacles being chased by swarms of quadspiders.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    dam you schema you telling me im going to need over 20k overdrive blocks for my 300k block ship? no. id just as soon not us the effects at all if i cant shield my ship properly at the same time
    You realise you don't need to have 100% efficiency on systems, right? You could set up your overdrive ship to only use 10k, you just won't be able to go as fast.

Reaction score
    @aceface Does anyone have a picture of the spider character model? I don't have access to a fast enough internet connection to download the new version.

Reaction score
    yes but I would rather have a proper 3rd person view like here at 1:36

than adding a million differently unique chairs to the game
    Dude did I say a million different chairs? Nope, nobody did. We just want to sit down instead of being absorbed by a cube. It isn't just me who really wants them.

But INSTEAD?

WE GET SPIDERS.

SPIDERS ACE. GODDAMNED SPIDERS.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Dude did I say a million different chairs? Nope, nobody did. We just want to sit down instead of being absorbed by a cube. It isn't just me who really wants them.

But INSTEAD?

WE GET SPIDERS.

SPIDERS ACE. GODDAMNED SPIDERS.
    I know, I am just showing how much I would prefer to have a proper third person view than a chair

Reaction score
    just recently come back to starmade after playing some other games and im impressed about the changes XD the new planets are awesome and multislots, crafting system updates and something about a spider mob, unfortunately i havent been able to test the crafting system as every time i attempt to buy a recipe with blocks i get crash to desktop with error message, clean install on windows 7 wondering if someone can give me some help.

Last edited: