StarMade 0.175 Custom Server Textures, Fixes, and Secret

Reaction score
    When in a game a mechanic or config is better than the others, you'll see all the players using this mechanic
    and what... was better than others? lets play a game. Never ever have I Ever seen a ship with more than two effects on it that was actually useful . This is coming from a Pirate on the most populated server on Starmade. Now if that's not what your referencing look below \/

As I see, if you want an speed car, you'll not be able to make it an off road also.
    and by you saying this I replied

I think in ways this is a simulator either way, it should be in some ways related to real life
    so whats wrong with the game having more than one real life quality? if you ask me it should. I should be able to have more than one effect though if I used every one of the effects my ships weapons, or shielding would be compromised. you make a valid argument about the traits of a simulator though. I think that jath has the right idea we should be able to make a fast ship with Ion, and real life situations do have significance here.

Dark_inquistor only strengthens this argument by posting things that are in the works or is about to be fixed, and yes I acknowledge that he admitted that these things might change.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    My greatest fear is that schema will read this comment thread and think that the change to passive effects was a bad one.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Schema has been in the habit of ignoring anyone whose posts are on the line of "is bad change, cant make invincible ship, pls fix ; ((("

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    If I don't get my invincible ship I would have to start building doom cubes. (I haven't actually finished building a doom cube before but I have built a rectangular prism ship)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This 'fix' has made them like some other blocks in the game (cloakers), pointless to bother with. It's hard to make the ship have just one 'use' (invisible, fast etc), and still have it look like a ship, let alone have some attack and some defence and some speed all in one solid 'cube'.

Oh well, 'cash fodder blocks' they can be, and the saved space can get filled with more shield, and halve the size of the sectors to make up for the loss of top speed.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    If I don't get my invincible ship I would have to start building doom cubes. (I haven't actually finished building a doom cube before but I have built a rectangular prism ship)
    Man, I REALLY hope you're joking.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Schema has been in the habit of ignoring anyone whose posts are on the line of "is bad change, cant make invincible ship, pls fix ; ((("
    It's good they fixed the bug, I fully admit it was way to OP in it's broken form. Now it just seems far too weak to ever bother with. The only one viable in my opinion is Ion because you can actually trade shield capacity for resistance. It's easy to "math" and see if you will get an actual benefit from using it. With all the others especial the 10% ones all benefit is mostly situational dependent. The hull resistance ones would be great to use but 10% of a ship dedicated to secondary line of defence? Is it really worth sacrificing strength of your primary defence?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    If the effects get based on mass, once the mass of non-hull blocks get reduced thighs will be more balanced.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    It's good they fixed the bug, I fully admit it was way to OP in it's broken form. Now it just seems far too weak to ever bother with. The only one viable in my opinion is Ion because you can actually trade shield capacity for resistance. It's easy to "math" and see if you will get an actual benefit from using it. With all the others especial the 10% ones all benefit is mostly situational dependent. The hull resistance ones would be great to use but 10% of a ship dedicated to secondary line of defence? Is it really worth sacrificing strength of your primary defence?
    I think the current balance is the best we can have until Schema introduces more advanced A.I that allows actual fleet command.
    After that, the question of balancing megalomaniac ship designers can be answered with quantity. In the time it would construct a ship with the dimensions ranging in kilometers, you can build a fleet of decently armed & shielded ships that are a whole lot easier to replace.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think the current balance is the best we can have until Schema introduces more advanced A.I that allows actual fleet command.
    After that, the question of balancing megalomaniac ship designers can be answered with quantity. In the time it would construct a ship with the dimensions ranging in kilometers, you can build a fleet of decently armed & shielded ships that are a whole lot easier to replace.
    Wait, I am having trouble following the logic here? Don't balance single ships because we'll have fleets sometime in the future? So you'll have a fleet of poorly balanced ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    fleet of poorly balanced ships.
    That was badly worded but I have the excuse of english being my third language. What I meant that balancing becomes a lot easier after fleet command becomes possible, because surprisingly many things can be solved with just building lots of specialized ships.

And that is assuming that there's something to stop a player from doing that.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That was badly worded but I have the excuse of english being my third language. What I meant that balancing becomes a lot easier after fleet command becomes possible, because surprisingly many things can be solved with just building lots of specialized ships.

And that is assuming that there's something to stop a player from doing that.
    Both are currently quite possible... Have you actually tried to build a ship with defensive effects?

Reaction score
    oh fleet command as soon as I have this I shall have 47 dreadnoughts following me around redshift I will be able to raid bases at an acelerated rate!

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    oh fleet command as soon as I have this I shall have 47 dreadnoughts following me around redshift I will be able to raid bases at an acelerated rate!
    You can only control 5 ships at once.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    You can only control 5 ships at once.
    Optionally, schema could introduce something that simulates maintenance requirement. Like certain types of blocks breaking down over the time and from use, small craft are a lot easier to maintain, meanwhile some poor sod is going to spend rest of the week going through his fleet of dreadnoughts.

Both are currently quite possible... Have you actually tried to build a ship with defensive effects?
    I am currently building a starship with with defensive effects, why?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Optionally, schema could introduce something that simulates maintenance requirement. Like certain types of blocks breaking down over the time and from use, small craft are a lot easier to maintain, meanwhile some poor sod is going to spend rest of the week going through his fleet of dreadnoughts.
    That would be really annoying. No thanks. Crew might be required for larger ships, and they may need a bit of micromanagement, but ships sitting out in drydock unused shouldn't themselves require maintenance, and parts shouldn't randomly break down mid-flight either unless something gets shot.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    That would be really annoying. No thanks. Crew might be required for larger ships, and they may need a bit of micromanagement, but ships sitting out in drydock unused shouldn't themselves require maintenance, and parts shouldn't randomly break down mid-flight either unless something gets shot.
    Docked ships don't suffer wear & tear.