StarMade 0.157 (optimization & fixes)

Reaction score
    Star wars has, for example, the Force. And ghosts. Also Lightsabers seem Sci-fi, but they aren't, because infinite power sources are impossible in every way.

Science Fantasy = It is a blend between Sci-Fi and the crazy magicks from Fantasy. Usually used to describe series, or games that are less plausible than soft Sci-Fi.
    Well, what about wind power? That is infinite, right? (I know LightSabers aren't wind powered xD) Also Solar power. (Until the Sun explodes xD) And Water power

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Well, what about wind power? That is infinite, right? (I know LightSabers aren't wind powered xD) Also Solar power. (Until the Sun explodes xD) And Water power
    Wind is based on heat, heat from the sun. Stars are big nuclear reactors, it takes a while, but they DO run out eventually. Water power is based on the speed of the water, caused by a multiple of factors such as gravity, relief, etc. This is exploited by dams and riverside generators.

All power never really "runs out". It just changes form. But certain forms are less intense and packed than others, and therefore not suitable for any use for electrically powered objects. Especially not for a power-hungry instrument like the Lightsaber.

But about Lightsabers:
    Lightsabers have a beam that can cut through a blast door. When it does so, you can clearly see sparks and heat emanating from the cut. This indicates the beam is hot. Hot stuff emits infrared rays, which are energy. As long as it is on, it will lose energy no matter what. Here comes the next part; It was stated this beam is created by reflecting a laser light into a crystal? A light: the need for energy. Lightsabers could never be infinitely on, as much as we would want them to... And besides that, all the swishy-swooshy noises are quite impossible too. It's like swinging around a flashlight.

(please correct anything not-very-correct stated here, I am no genius in the field of physics :oops:)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Can we stop arguing about lightsabers? Anyway, maybe lightsabers have a really powerful battery or a micronuclear reactor or something in the hilt. I mean, is it ever actually said that they run infinitely forever?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Can we stop arguing about lightsabers? Anyway, maybe lightsabers have a really powerful battery or a micronuclear reactor or something in the hilt. I mean, is it ever actually said that they run infinitely forever?
    I warned him... >.<

But besides all the lightsaber crap. There is really nothing left for us to discuss here. Everything moved on to the 0.158 thread.