StarMade 0.157 (optimization & fixes)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hello
    I have a question for future versions, will the game have like other AI factions(with big spaceships and army) that are on planets and space(i do not know where to ask questions.)?
    Basically yes, more NPCs with their factions, probably along with more advanced faction's settings and relations are planned.
    Plus many more like creatures, procedurally generated stations, etc :)

But so far we don't know what would be exactly implemented, the time will show :)

Reaction score
    Sector long eh? My sectors are 100km^2 so I doubt I'll be doing that any time soon ;)
    I was referring to the default sector :P. But you probably already new that :P. And after all the 2km sector is familiar to most people because it is the default sector :).

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    What is mantle? And I am assuming your not referring to the rock kind of mantle :p.
    Mantle...is one ingenious invention that optimises games so that AMD guys like us can play at extreme fps. With that I can play battlefield 4 , 64 players on the big maps at ultra ona steady 60 fps. fx 6100 is not so amazing compared to the latest cpus, so I benefit from it a lot xD

Reaction score
    Mantle...is one ingenious invention that optimises games so that AMD guys like us can play at extreme fps. With that I can play battlefield 4 , 64 players on the big maps at ultra ona steady 60 fps. fx 6100 is not so amazing compared to the latest cpus, so I benefit from it a lot xD
    EDIT: So I just looked at what it does and I don't see a need for it because I have one of the fattest CPU's you can buy :D!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    anything amd, and I have both gpu and cpu amd so it is geewd :D but only certain games support mantle though for example bf4
    You were one second to late :p. And I do agree with you they should definitely support mantle :). I am a game developer and something like this is revolutionary :D! Because the fact that you don't need some super fat CPU like I do will allow me as a game developer to further strain the graphics capacity of the user's PC and by doing so will allow me to add more outstanding visual's to the game :D!

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You were one second to late :p. And I do agree with you they should definitely support mantle :). I am a game developer and something like this is revolutionary :D! Because the fact that you don't need some super fat CPU like I do will allow me as a game developer to further strain the graphics capacity of the user's PC and by doing so will allow me to add more outstanding visual's to the game :D!
    :O what games have you made?

Reaction score
    :O what games have you made?
    Not many and all of them are still W.I.P's :P. And that is because I can never finish a project XD. I get bored and never finish it lol. its a bad habit of mine :P. But I will eventually finish them in the future but I will need a website first to release them and hope they get greenlit on steam :P.

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    Anyone else capable of swapping through docked ships, It always gives me an error now. Even on ships that I know previously worked.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hello
    I have a question for future versions, will the game have like other AI factions(with big spaceships and army) that are on planets and space(i do not know where to ask questions.)?
    I do not think that that'll make it into this update, but multiple custom AI factions and faction NPCs are planned to be implemented eventually.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Non-rotatable decorative blocks are being placed in an orientation different from the preview, and different from identical blocks placed in previous versions/patches.
    Oddly enough this seems to have corrected itself.

Reaction score
    Now there's just the AMC exploit for lasers and they will be balanced, albeit the missile slave still doesn't work for them.

Reaction score
    Will StarMade ever support Mantle? :D
    Support mantle? That would require a mantle-specific graphics recode, I think. Mantle makes it run fast on one hardware-maker's stuff. It does nada for those with NVIDIA and older/future gpus. Like with 3DFX. Dunno how long the architecture will continue to be used, but probably will last through this console generation, not sure how much longer. I think, but am not sure, that it takes a ton of extra coding to support both mantle and non-mantle, and it doesn't feel to me like the direction StarMade is heading(lots of moddability, long-term support, etc.).
    If you've got the space, could set up two Windows partitions, one with and one without the new drivers. Or set up a Linux partition(linux/windows dual boot is best OS:cool:). Both options need to reboot each time, but don't make you reinstall drivers each time you want to play BF4/Starmade.

Last edited: