StarMade 0.154 (fixes and features)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Damage is good, it requires a TON of power to even fire that thing. The normal formula is 10E:1D and the overcharge formula should be 60E:3D or 20E:1D. I think the stock hulk missile does 900 damage and 9000E, so the overcharged hulk would be 2700D for 54000E. Honestly with the stock hulk missile doing that much damage you are probably better off with an explosive effect to increase the blast radius... (more testing required)

I have not tested anything other than cannons but at least cannon master with a cannon slave consumes 2x energy. That's why my fighter cannot maintain it's guns. Even that being said, I really would like to see the power consumption lowered. 10E:1D means all ships have a 100,000 DPS softcap. My destroyer has 14 million shields on it right now so that means just about every ship out there will take two and a third minutes to punch the shields down (baring use of ION). My destroyer isn't that big and features a full interior, I can't imagine how long fights between two "titans" would take, oh and once you factor in all other power useage you will never get ideal DPS.

Everything is working as intended, of course the intent might be misguided once in practice.
    I mostly agree with you on the 100,000 DPS softcap, except that it doesn't account for extra in power tanks or turrets with their own dedicated power supply.

Are we still getting mines?
    They're on hold while the devs figure out how to implement and balance them.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    And refitting ships wouldn't be such a pain with tools to do so, either built-in game or third party ones. I've literally already stated this 3 times, even on the same page in this thread and here i am, repeating myself for the 4th time - You don't want more configurable server config files because currently refitting sucks and i say - do not forbid greater customization, just make refitting much less painful. It's a win-win situation.
    I want to refit this ship, *click remove all shields power and thrusters* that might work... A block filter option in advance build mode would be great, switch to remove mode, and remove the specific blocks from a set area.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think a standardized vanilla set up would be the best, but since that obviously isn't going to happen, I'll put my vote in the system that lets us remove all of a certain system for easier refitting.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I want to refit this ship, *click remove all shields power and thrusters* that might work... A block filter option in advance build mode would be great, switch to remove mode, and remove the specific blocks from a set area.
    Yeah, it was a suggestion some time ago, i just feel obligated to mention that to not make it looks like it's mine idea :) unfortunately i can't find a link to the original thread.

Reaction score
    When the HP system comes out. Won't it make piercing worthless? (In comparison to punch through)

Also Beam : Pulse is doing something like 2500 Damage per 1 energy at the moment (Or close to). Pretty sure this might be a bug

(currently working on a billion damage cannon. 3500 beams, 3500 pulse, 3500 overdrive. Should use something like 1.2mil energy a shot)

-edit- uses almost no energy, blasts through everything I put in front of it. EVERYTHING (including junk I had behind my thin 30 mil shield target.)

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    When the HP system comes out. Won't it make piercing worthless? (In comparison to punch through)

Also Beam : Pulse is doing something like 2500 Damage per 1 energy at the moment (Or close to). Pretty sure this might be a bug

(currently working on a billion damage cannon. 3500 beams, 3500 pulse, 3500 overdrive. Should use something like 1.2mil energy a shot)
    I've asked Calbiri and schema about how the HP system is going to work with no responses, although I did get something out of Omni, who told us about some cool sound effects for weapons.

I've pretty sure how the HP system is going to work is that ships are going to have a set amount of HP, and once they take enough damage, the ship becomes disabled. Blocks can still be destroyed, so all these new effects they added don't suddenly become useless (because what's the point of them otherwise?). The core is no longer going to be important, and combat will probably move towards either dealing massive amounts of damage and disabling them, or destroying important things like engines or computers to disable them before reaching the destruction threshold. However, since no devs have answered us on the HP system, I had no idea and this is all speculation.

That Beam/Pulse combo is definitely a bug. Hopefully it gets fixed in the .155 or whatever patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    What my thought is, wouldn't a 1000 damage impact do more damage with punch through than piercing? Im assuming the HP system means that you want to destroy lots of blocks(Punch), not lightly damage a large amount of blocks(Pierce).

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    What my thought is, wouldn't a 1000 damage impact do more damage with punch through than piercing? Im assuming the HP system means that you want to destroy lots of blocks(Punch), not lightly damage a large amount of blocks(Pierce).
    I'm pretty sure (I might have them backwards) that punch means it does damage to blocks behind the impact point, and pierce means that if a 300 damage projectile was shot at a pile of 100 hp blocks, it would hit the first one, break it, and the projectile would have 200 damage remaining, then hit the next one, break it, have 100 damage remaining, and then hit the final one, break it, and have no damage left and disappear.

Reaction score
    McFurb (Sp?) said piercing works as...
    50% damage to the initial block, 25% damage to the next, then 12.5%, then 6.25%, down to o damage.
    I thought it was important to keep this documented somewhere.

(Piercing beating punch through on servers with super hull)