StarMade 0.154 (fixes and features)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello again,
    we're still having problem with my account posting news. So here is the changelog:

- added new config value to select the type of block scaling for block groups by type. linear(weapons), box dim add (power), box dim mult (docking).
    - added recipe editor to modding tool
    - fixed display error displaying wrong damage (zero) while the weapons are still working
    - fixed server crash on strange physics collision
    - added new effect: overdrive (combination-effect: more power conspution for more damage. defensive effect: more top speed)
    - added shield indicator when selecting (text now, will be replaced by graphics in the future)
    - fixed recticle turing green when on targed working with weapons other then cannons
    - added change to beam weapons: ability to create burst weapons that are hit scan type weapons with immediate damage on target
    - fixed client lag on building logic systems (temporal freeze)
    - fixed server lag from unnecessary updates in logic system

the new effect doesn't have textures yet, but they will be added within the next days.

The new beams are a buff to make the more viable in combat. They can be basically hit scan weapons now. We are still balancing those, and there might be some bugs with support beams from that update, but those will be fixed.

Also the new crafting system is on the way.

thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Schema es numero uno huehuehuehuehue

On a serious note: schema, thank you very much for all your hard work. It's also fantastic that you listen to the community and make changes accordingly. It makes you one of the best devs ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Yes, SO MUCH YES!!!!

Thank you.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    And here I thought I was going to sleep tonight.

Thanks for yet another fast round of bug fixes and features.

Reactions: MossyStone48
    Reaction score
    Just started testing this game out and it seems pretty legit. Too bad you cant land on planets and walk around and inhabit them tho or have I not found the right one yet/

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sweet!

At first glance overdrive seems kinda OP with beams, since beams don't require energy to fire. The top speed boost is pretty crazy.

Also, Ion effect is still broken.

TIME FOR MORE TINKERING.

Reaction score
    Love the overdrive effect. This will make my Spinal laser lance a more deadly weapon. Heck, This overdrive effect might be what is needed in a finishing touch on someone's super star destroyer Eclipse replica.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    Just started testing this game out and it seems pretty legit. Too bad you cant land on planets and walk around and inhabit them tho or have I not found the right one yet/
    You can do all those things. If you're seeing the molten core of the planet, wait for it to load. Turning up field of view in the connection set up may help, my default was 500, 1000 made planets load faster, but still, have patience. (Doing this can use more video memory/RAM/CPU, so try it out, see if your game runs fine, if not then turn it back down)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The update seems cool.
    But it went out when i was uploading a 2.3MB ship and there was 300kb left and NASS had to restart lol

Reaction score
    Sweet!

At first glance overdrive seems kinda OP with beams, since beams don't require energy to fire. The top speed boost is pretty crazy.

Also, Ion effect is still broken.

TIME FOR MORE TINKERING.
    Beams are intended to use power, if they are not, then this is either a bug or a config error, could you provide more detail to me via a PM?

Reaction score
    Whats the difference between overdrive and just adding more weapons to the group?

Reaction score
    Whats the difference between overdrive and just adding more weapons to the group?
    3X weapon damage at the cost of 6x power usage (at a 1/1 ratio, works better with a secondary linked as well to the primary), the advantage being less space used for your weapon system, this is a use specifically intended to allow miniaturization of a weapon system (for usages such as on turrets.)

Reaction score
    There was an error in the current config for the tick rate of beam/beam weapons and beam/pulse weapons, these will be fixed in the next patch, my apologies for the error, I was dead tired when i entered the new beam config stats.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There was an error in the current config for the tick rate of beam/beam weapons and beam/pulse weapons, these will be fixed in the next patch, my apologies for the error, I was dead tired when i entered the new beam config stats.
    Don't sweat it, we really don't mind all that much ;) . I'll check and see if this patch resolves my power issues as soon as I can.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Calbiri Bug report sent in a while ago about the Overdrive. Major issue with being able to get 300% server max speed with no effect module on the ship... waiting for a reply on it. You left the TeamSpeak channel before I can tell you.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    What happende to engines? they no longer sclae like powercores do, is it a bug?