StarMade 0.09387: Huge batch of bugfixes & fixed recipes (hotfixed #2)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

Hotfix: messed up some debug stuff for future features. It caused the gravity to not work for astronauts. #2 buying fixed recipes is fixed (I'm truly sorry for the mess ups on my side)

I apologize for recent slacking. I'm back in full control and full power now.

Here are the key changes of the update:

Physics glitching

Probably the best find in a while. I watched a youtube video recently, and the player said that he was experiencing odd control glitches when sliding on planets. In my first run of tests i didn't find anything until I pushed myself in the air with my own ship by tilting the mouse in one direction. Suddenly the ship became hard to control and was hovering in the air as if there is no gravity. But the gravity was still there.

Apparently there was a conflict with the so called "manifolds" used to hold continuous collision detection. The system created too many of them and and caused "ghost" collisions of manifolds that were already detached from the object itself. The other thing it was causing was a split up between compound object parts resulting in a poorer quality of collision especially with docked ships.

Having fixed that will hopefully get rid of a huge source of glitches. It even benefits the performance of the physics.

Fixed Recipes

There is now a part in the config.xml where modders can put fixed recipes. The price and what they do can be defined. The default are what the mineral seperator did before the factory update: It will give a static conversion for leveling minerals up or down. Normal recipes for anything bigger then level one can no longer be bought.

Important: Left/Right block orientation fix

There was a bug placing the block with an orientation of "left" when the build arrow was pointing to the left (as well as the other way around). This fix will not affect much, but it does affect the docking blocks. Docking blocks with a left or right orientation have to placed again with the correct orientation. Warning: Ships already docked to those will undock when loaded in.

Other changed and fixes

• Multiple face textures. The face of the astronaut can be now changed on the fly with the left/right arrow keys. This is just a prototype. Please look at the default texture for where to put the extra faces
    • Astronaut head movement: The head of the astronaut will now be looking up and down depending on where the player is looking
    • Neutral AI: neutral AI will no longer fire on factions that consider neutrals enemies (not a perfect solution)
    • Gravity overriding: gravity can now be overwritten when activating another gravity module while still in gravity
    • Severely decreased the chance of high level mineral spawning in chests and loot (each base chance times 0.3 chance -> lvl 5 is less then 1% chance)
    • In case a weapons computer is orientated to something other then the front it will now always shoot straight in that direction
    • added option to turn off drawing of the thruster plum (for slower machines)
    • thruster plums now represents how much thrust is added instead of current speed of object
    • fixed bug where blocks would not disconnect correctly when deleting computer block
    • fixed sound bug where cockpit sound would turn into outer sound
    • core engine sound and cockpit sound decreased in volume

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When playing ingame, you can no longer land on a planet properly, once you have entered the planets gravity, it no longer acts like gravity.

You can no longer use Q or E to move up or down as you would suspect, but now gravity doesn\'t even drag you down to the planet, jumping just elevates you to a certain height until you hit an \"invisible\" roof.

Reaction score
    Ever since I got the patch, I now have this weird physics glitch where I go onto a planet, and instead of walking on the planet, im flying. And I can only press the spacebar to jump, but everytime I jump, I fly higher and cannot lower myself. I tried resetting but the glitch is still there. There is no way into my ship. Help?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When entering gravity (at least in my experience on a station) you are only able to move forward, backward, left, and right. pressing jump makes you float upward and you are unable to travel downward. Also docking seems not quite right. The orientation of the block doesn\'t seem to have the desired effect.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Gravity is broken.

In my station (no gravity) I can move freely.

If I activate the gravity block, I cannot move down.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Thank you all for the notice. I\'m uploading a fix now

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ...are immensly appreciated by 99.9% of us. The rest are dirty dirty griefers. Lovin it man, you single handedly showed up the team over at Blockade Runner, who arent anywhere near as on top of things, and whos engine and game is so severely broken that I went nuts with joy to find yours instead!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    very courious as to what speed means on the antimater canonns is that for reload

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    hello schema

i have a big docking platform but i protect it with a giant plexdoor but when i shoot the docking beam at the dock the plex door closes and i cant dock if this is a glitch pls fix it :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Balance, optimalization and improvement of current features are what the game needs the most for now, so I am always glad to see more from those categories. I hope thought that things like exiting the core and being teleported outside of the ship will also get another go (personal findings - apparently direction the ship is facing and it being rotated or tilted a bit does affect where the character is being spawned).

Reaction score
    Well, You do not have to appologie. The game is in alpha and already the best game I have ever seen. Mistakes at alpha are completely normal. However, you might just want small group of people test the updated version for 1 day before you release it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Now that it\'s possible to place weapon computers and shoot sideways, wouldn\'t it be great if the camera would turn to the cockpits orientation?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ...that should in implemented, so you can aim in all directions as opposed to one. Many a time I have been frustrated by having to only look forewards. But then again, it can screw up turning and naviation without proper coding, and might even make you able to pilot the entire ship upside down or backwards while orienting your ship improperly. Double edged blade.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not sure if it was intentional or not but pirates no longer show up as red indicators on the hud, instead they pop up as friendly units. found out the hard way when i ran into a large fleet of \"Friendly\" pirates. just a heads up.

Reaction score
    Loving these fixes, especially physics. Now only if someone fixed game crashing everytime, when going advanced build mode with handgun selected in slot 1.

Reaction score
    I\'d rather it be fixed. Although im kinda sorry to see the great loot go i see the reasoning. Such as on the first day of my group\'s server i had by far the biggest and deadliest ship and was able to maintain that status by quickly raiding every station i found. (Although i was nice enough to distribute the wealth)

The surge of massive ships popping up everywhere was quickly dragging our server down.

So now it\'s actualy a challenge to build a capital ship in multiplayer. If people want easy money they\'ll just have to spawn it in themselves or actualy do some work for once.

Keep the updates coming. I love seeing this game progress and this has become one of my alltime favorite games.