StarMade 0.09387: Huge batch of bugfixes & fixed recipes (hotfixed #2)

Reaction score
    There was a good preview of a new character model a while back on the twitter but nothing has come of it. It looks miles better than the current mutant one.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Great work, thank you so much for this update!

For me there is a glitch with the new cannon/weapons computer system: it all works perfectly until I switch out of the ship core into a cockpit, and from that point on the cannons always fire straight whether I switch back or exit and re-enter the ship. This glitch resets if I restart the game.

Not sure if this is consistent beyond my computer, but again, this game is really really awesome.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    After downloading this update i noticed that when loading my game the turrets on the ship i was working on were upside-down, and that the ships i had docked in the hangar were not positioned close to the docking modules. this made it impossible for me to dock other ships and i am very frustrated as the build i am working on is very time consuming and i would be heartbroken if its soul purpose as a carrier was nerfed or possibly rendered obsolete. i have and will continue to reinstall the docking modules to see if this fixes the problem but i have claimed no such success.

Reaction score
    Wait, if I read this correctly ( In the case a weapons computer is orientated to something other than the front it will now always shoot in that directions.) doesn\'t that mean sideways shooting cannons! :O

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Does not seem to work in the slightest for me, all of my previously placed terminals still shoot straight, newly placed ones also shoot straight from what I can tell, I have tested this on targets, so I know it isn\'t just phantom weapons effects.

And I want to make this suggestion sound as nice as possible, because over the past month, I have grown to love Starmade (and by extension Schema) But shouldn\'t weapon fire orientation be linked somehow to the placement of the actual weapon blocks, rather than the CPU controllers? That seems to be the most logical way to do this, as weapon computers look nice and we should be able to use them aesthetically on our ships :D

Also, I\'m having the left/right turret docking glitch, really hoping for a fix on that one in the immediate future.

Reaction score
    What everyone else is saying makes sense. If the weapons always fire at your crosshairs then sideways weapons systems are useless until you can change the direction you\'re looking. Cockpits will have to be fixed to allow you to look in the direction they\'re placed. This will also help with other things such as an idea i had for a healing hangar but it will need the ability to look forwards, backwards, left, right, up and down.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    cockpit orientation would be good, it\'s probably also very easy to implement

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    of course, schema you know best when it comes to what to work on ;)

Reaction score
    I usually just live with the glitches, but the pirates are comming up blue now so my turrets will not fire on them. I can\'t play like that so luckly I keep a backup.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    since this update, my pc has not been able to run the game. i used to have a standard fps of 3 or so, dropping to 1 and below due to lag, and up to 6 if i was stopped out in the midle of nowhere. i was used to that. i can deal with that. but since this last update, i am unable to use the game even out in the midle of nowhere. i did the math with a timer while watching the frames move, and i found out i am getting .03 fps. something has gone wrong, and this is a fresh reformat. i am not able to play the game anymore, and if this continues, i will not be buying the game in the near future.