StarMade 0.09385: Lock & Load

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

all the preparations and abstractions is paying off with this new feature. For the first time, players are able to use a personal item.

EDIT: uploading fix for nullpointer exception now. no server update required.

Personal Weapon

The system is made for an endless amount of weapon types with variable stats. At the moment there is only a simple laser weapon to test things out. It's fairly easy to use. Just place it in a slot in the action bar and use the left mouse to shoot while that slot is selected.

With the world of StarMade always being consistent, and because the planned system for creating personal items is not complete yet, the distribution of weapons is a little more complicated. New players on a server or in single player will get a weapon by default in their inventory. For everybody else there is the "/give_laser_weapon playername" command.

Also please excuse my failed attempt in pixel art. Beetlebear will soon provide a good looking icon for the weapon ;)

Other fixes

- fixed thrust graphics
    - improved pulsator balance (better scaling radius & force values)
    - fixed pulsator output setting availability
    - fixed in-ship build GUI not to show "enter ship" etc
    - implemented block preview in-place (use options menu to turn on) For players that have the advanced build mode block invisibility issue: please test the option, and tell me if the blocks in build mode are still visible. The issue might be caused by the "single block renderer" which in contrast to the normal block renderer uses a slightly different class.
    - implemented fallback method if build area is not yet available on clients (hopefully fixes problem that advanced build mode rapid block setting would not work fully sometimes)
    - fixed startup GUI for smaller screens

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    Finally, i\'ve been waiting for this for so long. Definitely going to try it out

Reaction score
    Great update! Except the thrust graphics don\'t show on all of the thruster blocks!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just patched up on a new comp(mac is not my native language, but its working out great. Thank you for making multiplatform a priority.)... I will be sure to make a note and test/trouble-shoot the invis block issue with intel gfx when the opportunity to use this computer has passed(monday or so).

I just had to log in and say thanks for the new build, I can wait no longer.

Break Transmission.

xD

Reaction score
    I personally don\'t like the thrust graphics, and the gun needs a first person image.

Reaction score
    Hmm...Although they graphics look great, red on yellow isn\'t the best combo. When I think of these effects, I would be thinking nuclear (ice crystal) blue, and one giant engine rocket effect is much more appealing than a one effect per thruster.

Just something to perhaps consider to in the future.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    several players on my server keep saying that they are crashing when they try to use a build block so please schema fix it

Reaction score
    I was going to continue building my super battle station then I clicked on a build block and my game crashed I hope you fix that very soon

Reaction score
    I use the command but I don\'t get one,says it doesn\'t exsist. I can\'t find it in shops.Please help

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I Tried the block preview in-place option and doesn´t work, please fix it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Station build blocks are badly broken during pirate attacks. While working on our base some pirates attacked, during the station\'s AI turret battle everyone on the server crashed locally. Upon rejoining we found that during firefights it is impossible to enter a station build block without the client immediately crashing with a buffer overflow error popup. When the turrets stopped firing we could enter build mode again just fine.

Reaction score
    Advanced Build Tools is broken now crashes game when u try to use the Odd-sym mode and random crashes using other tools in there

Reaction score
    I would also hoping a fix for huge amount of console logging. If i remove blocks with advanced mode, using 3 mirror planes, it removes 8000 blocks at once. Server console logs every single removed block in the console, and text file. Could there be option to not log these debug kind of events at all? At least make it report that 10x10x10 blocks were removed at X instead.