StarMade 0.09384: New weapon type (fixed)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

Edit: for some reason it uploaded the dev build and not the new version. I'm sorry! Real new Version is on the way now!

this update features an all new weapon system:

Pulse weapons

This weapon can be a very valuable asset in game. It's best to build in crosses, as only x,y,z dimension matters, and not the total amount of blocks in a group.

The weapon will create a pulse on use, disabling and pushing ships within reach. It's basically "force push" in all directions.

The power needed, and the reload times are quite high so use it wisely. Your own ship cannot be hit.

NOTICE: Existing shops will not automatically have new items in stock. You will have to find a new "untouched" shop, or use the /shop_restock command

Effect System

I took the long route to implement the push and the disabling, implementing a whole new effect system for structures, so more effects can be added very easily, should (and it will) become necessary.

Please notice that there hasn't been much testing on the new features. So I apologize for eventual bugs that are happening. I will be on standby hot-fixing eventual game breaking bugs of the new features.

Some other changes

Beside some crash fixes, the dumb missiles now do double damage. Also the power drain beam will only do one fifth drain damage on non power blocks (instead of half of the full damage). The disabling from the power beam was reduced to 3 seconds and can only be applied to a ship every 10 seconds (so the ship has a chance to free itself if it's hit by the power drain).

There are other new features in the game, but you will have to figure them out yourself ^^. Check your key binding menu.

cheers,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Nice, i was looking for a update almos every hour. now i want to get home even faster. thanks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How does the Cubatom system work?? I´m really Curious now. Shema explain it please!

Reaction score
    You can get home with the new pulse cannon! Just go read up on Project Orion, an irl propulsion theory, which had chemical bomb tests.

Reaction score
    I have a question: Are you aware that the #1 cause of lag on Starmade servers is ships bumping into each other? Most servers create safe areas for new players around their spawn to store ships. Unfortunately there is no way to create public docking, because it can either be torn down, or requires faction membership to use it. I\'m just envisioning all these new ships parked at spawn, and some titan coming along and blasting them all 3 sectors away while lagging my server into oblivion. I hope considerations have been made to prevent this from being a practical use of the weapon.

Also, when are admin settings gonna get some love? We really need better control over \"server owned structures\", so that we can build things players can use (storage, hangars, docks) without allowing them to tear the structure apart. Thanks for the update! ... i think :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Gonna test that pulse weapon soon :)

BTW i have a little idear what could be nice to be added:

A turret. And i dont mean the docking station thingy where you can dock ships and then give them ai control i mean a little block type which itself is a full turret and automatically fires on stuff. WOuld be very nice as imo the \"shipturrets\" are often kinda big for the ships. Thx for reading :)

Reaction score
    Then your ship is too small for effective use of turrets, granted you don\'t have to use all of the space provided.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Really Nice !! But You must make an expalantion video. It´s not easy. But effective!

Reaction score
    storing ships around spawn... Thats not the function of spawn protection.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Why do you even add new stuff when they are not even there and cant be used ?...

that the point schema ?

Reaction score
    Anyone able to get the new weapons? There isn\'t even an entry in the shops for me, and restocking didn\'t seem to do anything.

Reaction score
    I checked the block types config and I couldn\'t find anything and no new blocks in the t1000\'s. So maybe he forgot?

Reaction score
    I was able to acquire some of the atoms, though figuring out what material can give you what is a large hassle as well as what the type atom you need to even make another block. I suppose this might be another angle on factories, though I think it is comprised of too many components.

Also, can\'t ships fit multiple drain beams to counteract the pause?

Reaction score
    the pause is a temporary imunity to the regen block. No ammount of power drain beams or ships with beams will overcome this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i got excited hearing the new pulse wepon and no luck finding it in shops or restocking command