StarMade 0.09384: New weapon type (fixed)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Guys read the change log... he said it uploaded the dev version not the full version, and that the full version will come soon

Reaction score
    and the only way to truly protect your ships aside from building a sector wide hangar with a big door on it attached to your faction home. I continue to think it\'s just hilarious how a game so memory intensive and unstable continues to evolve in ways that only draw attention to the flaws in it\'s design. As an admin, it drives me nuts.

Reaction score
    How will this impact lag if you\'re in a big ship and using it on another big ship?

Only reason I ask is because big vs. big ship collisions cause a ton of lag, and I don\'t know the logic behind the pulse beam in terms of coding (is it like being hit by a huge ship or is it like your engines throwing you in the direction the pulse is going)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Schema can you make the pulse weapons stronger ?

otherwise its just a trolling tool nothing else.

atm its not even worth using

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen

Reaction score
    How do i increase the size or range of it? currently it doesnt even get seen by my ship :/

Reaction score
    Hey stop your bitching guy its an ALPHA and things will come and go this might not stay around do to issues and either way are you writing the god damn code? No? I didnt think so if you dont support the PROJECT move the fuck on and go play mc or whatever...Because you wanna talk memory intensive then Minecraft is a great topic on that bs.

Think you can do it better? then do it, hell write a game and develop it with just you and maybe a few other people lets see how it goes eh?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    um as if large ships hitting other ships, gravity wells and other such collisions werent game breaking enough :/
    no offense, it\'s great to see something new, but now it sounds like i can crash a server by putting a large ship in a gravity well while they are disabled. please fix collisions or at least give us an indication of what the \"biggest playable ship\" is under the current game to prevent things like falling into a 1FPS gravity well.

Reaction score
    When he says that the new weapons works on demension and not mass of it. Is he talking about the same system as if you were to put batteries in a cube to make them most efficient?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    exactly... i think chain docking i is more important issiue than new weapon

Reaction score
    Your brutality in that comment seems completely unnecesary. I dont even seem him complaining to a grand extent. He is just voicing an opinion and his concern for potential misuse of the weapon. I also dont quite understand why you are dragging minecraft into this? Cut the guy a break as he has done nothing wrong. Now you on the other hand need to develop better people skills because you come off as an annoyance and an idiot .

But thats just the opinion of an individual. Ill let the others make their jusgements accordingly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Though I still hope that even more priority will be given to fixing, balancing and optimization.

Since a few versions, the game is very laggy for me even on single player server and kinda crashing (reports sent, unless the .jar reporting application fails) relatively often (also, no intel graphic card, but good ol\' GeForce) while in the game itself the shields still are quite powerful, antimatter cannons and said shields can be made huge with little to no drawbacks and the hull itself in a fight between medium to big ships is laughtable protection, reinforced or not.

Reaction score
    Yea, I am not sure how this is an invaluable asset, I had well over 100 distance combined in each direction combined and it still has no range, so I am not sure who(big ships or small ships?) this weapon is designed for... The pulse kind of bumped them, they kept firing on target as if nothing happened... Also, it takes very little energy to use.

I found a bug, you can not change place where the pulse occurs, another set-back to this \'weapon\'.

P.S.: I like your description for this weapon 8P