Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Username: Snk
    • Time zone (GMT +/-): PCT
    • Usual times when you can play : 11 A.M-4 P.M, 6 P.M-10 A.M
    • Do you have teamspeak 3 and a working mic? : Nope, sorry
    • Experience: 7 months of Star made. I have vast experience in long distance voyaging, combat, and ship building
    • Why do you want to join: I'm a massive Trekkie
    • What do you feel you can contribute to the faction? I'm an excellent pilot, and captain. I have several ideas I feel I could contribute to the faction

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Username: Snk
    • Time zone (GMT +/-): PCT
    • Usual times when you can play : 11 A.M-4 P.M, 6 P.M-10 A.M
    • Do you have teamspeak 3 and a working mic? : Nope, sorry
    • Experience: 7 months of Star made. I have vast experience in long distance voyaging, combat, and ship building
    • Why do you want to join: I'm a massive Trekkie
    • What do you feel you can contribute to the faction? I'm an excellent pilot, and captain. I have several ideas I feel I could contribute to the faction
    Unfortunatly, teamspeak 3 and a working microphone are required. If you do however have a working microphone, teamspeak3 can be downloaded here

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I have a mic I can borrow from my brother once in a while, is that alright? I mean, I know it isn't enough but I'm really excited to join this faction and I don't want to be denied because I do not have a microphone.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    1: Mafell
    2: GMT+1
    3: 10:00-18:00 18:00-22:00
    4: I can download Teamspeak, though my mic as of now does not work, I have ordered a new wire that will (hopefully) fix the problem.
    5: I have played Starmade for a year.
    6: This looked like a serious faction and I'm a Star Trek fan.
    7: I'm a good pilot and I can do tasks.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    1: Defentrix
    2: AEST
    3: All weekends and Friday nights. This may be subject to change depending on school schedules/homework. I will try to inform if when I cant play.
    4: I have steam and my computer mic is not too bad. (I can download team speak and I might be able to fix my headphones mic.
    5: Can't recall exactly how long I have played star made for, maybe a year and a half or so.
    6: I would like to join this faction because it seems like good faction with an active community and good intentions. I'm also looking for a cool faction to enjoy being online with others.
    7: building is my strength and I feel I can help out a lot with builds and maybe give some decent input. I don't mind spending some time and doing the more boring tasks like mining or building huge amounts of hull on a large capital.

(I am currently on holidays. I get back in about a week.)

therimmer96

Reaction score
    The issue i have with wedges/pentas/tetras is that complex shapes can be ruined by them, they add extra time to a construction while trying to find the orientation you need, light casting on them is derpy, there is that inverted corner bug on tetra's in one orientation, and they add mass to a ship, and I feel that the lack of wedges allows the mind to see the curves better, while the extra angles make the ship seem more blocky.

Reaction score
    • TheBaconMasta
    • GMT - 4:00
    • Usually after work hours ( 8:00pm - whenever I get tired or decide that sleep is good.
    • Off days I play all day unless I'm busy with something else.
    • I have both.
    • I'm just now getting back into starmade after a couple of months not playing it, but I usually build ships and salvage for materials.
    • I'm looking for an active faction to play this game with so I'm not just hoping from server to server.
    • I can provide resources and if possible build ships.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The issue i have with wedges/pentas/tetras is that complex shapes can be ruined by them,
    Yes, but not plain old round dome-like forms. At least, not if you do it right.

they add extra time to a construction while trying to find the orientation you need,
    I suppose.

light casting on them is derpy,
    Not as much any more. However, if you don't like tetras and pentas, don't use them; so far wedge shading has worked fine AFAIK.

there is that inverted corner bug on tetra's in one orientation,
    Will be fixed, and again, if you don't like tetras and pentas don't use them. Personally, I avoid them with the occasional exception where a surface or joint absolutely needs some, and just use wedges...

and they add mass to a ship, and I feel that the lack of wedges allows the mind to see the curves better, while the extra angles make the ship seem more blocky.
    In my experience it's quite the opposite usually. Though straight block edges are easier for the mind to average out to a surface, I find fronts and backs of lines of blocks (where they 'step' down) as well as cylindrical and nearly-cylindrical surfaces benefit greatly from wedge smoothing. It helps them flow better. And as of the mass thing, I usually barely notice. Sometimes I take out blocks covered by wedges, but usually it's a negligible difference anyway.

(Wedges are also good to smooth out rims and edges, as well as things that are smaller, like nacelles)

Last edited:

therimmer96

Reaction score
    1: Mafell
    2: GMT+1
    3: 10:00-18:00 18:00-22:00
    4: I can download Teamspeak, though my mic as of now does not work, I have ordered a new wire that will (hopefully) fix the problem.
    5: I have played Starmade for a year.
    6: This looked like a serious faction and I'm a Star Trek fan.
    7: I'm a good pilot and I can do tasks.
    1: Defentrix
    2: AEST
    3: All weekends and Friday nights. This may be subject to change depending on school schedules/homework. I will try to inform if when I cant play.
    4: I have steam and my computer mic is not too bad. (I can download team speak and I might be able to fix my headphones mic.
    5: Can't recall exactly how long I have played star made for, maybe a year and a half or so.
    6: I would like to join this faction because it seems like good faction with an active community and good intentions. I'm also looking for a cool faction to enjoy being online with others.
    7: building is my strength and I feel I can help out a lot with builds and maybe give some decent input. I don't mind spending some time and doing the more boring tasks like mining or building huge amounts of hull on a large capital.

(I am currently on holidays. I get back in about a week.)
    Are you able to teamspeak yet?

• TheBaconMasta
    • GMT - 4:00
    • Usually after work hours ( 8:00pm - whenever I get tired or decide that sleep is good.
    • Off days I play all day unless I'm busy with something else.
    • I have both.
    • I'm just now getting back into starmade after a couple of months not playing it, but I usually build ships and salvage for materials.
    • I'm looking for an active faction to play this game with so I'm not just hoping from server to server.
    • I can provide resources and if possible build ships.
    You have been PM'd with all relevant details

Reaction score
    There are a lot of different download options not sure which one to get though. I am home now though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I would like to join. Here is my application.
    • Username: BlueStriderX
    • Usual times when you can play : From 3-6 hours per day.
    • Do you have teamspeak 3 and a working mic? : Yes
    • Experience: I haven't played in a while however I am still an excellent builder
    • Why do you want to join: I need a friendly place where I can build and help my fellow players
    • What do you feel you can contribute to the faction? My amazing skillz.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    this is dragon2000 sending out an disstress class to any faction members the USS Nebula responded to a disstress class when reached the cords the USS Nebula was shot by a cluster missiles shields went down instantly the game crashed and i lost contact when logged back on all that was left was NCC-90400-2 trying to buy another nebula class we must rally and defend our honor and ourselves this attack was unprovoked and we were not at war with the faction to begin with after logged back on we are

Reactions: TimGroisiller
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    [QUsOTE="Dragon2000, post: 32804, member: 344619"]this is dragon2000 sending out an disstress class to any faction members the USS Nebula responded to a disstress class when reached the cords the USS Nebula was shot by a cluster missiles shields went down instantly the game crashed and i lost contact when logged back on all that was left was NCC-90400-2 trying to buy another nebula class we must rally and defend our honor and ourselves this attack was unprovoked and we were not at war with the faction to begin with after logged back on we are[/QUOTE]

? Use commas and periods plz