Is this cool

• Total voters

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    It's the join above the wedges. It doesn't look right with the slabs overhanging.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Speaking of, I just redid that hallway :) tell me if this is any better.

I like it even the slabs but maybe wedge the ceiling just lose the right angles? Just my take doesn't mean it's right. ;-)

As a side note I was taking to someone about testing a Warhammer 40k Cruiser / Frigate vs a Star trek ship for fun only in Starmade, if you fancy it PM and join our server for a match.

Reaction score
    Turn that overhang into something obviously intentional instead of just an annoying detail.

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I like it even the slabs but maybe wedge the ceiling just lose the right angles? Just my take doesn't mean it right. ;-)

As a side note I was taking to someone about testing a Warhammer 40k Cruiser / Frigate vs a Star trek ship for fun only in Starmade, if you fancy it PM and join our server for a match.
    Hell yeah, sounds fun, but i need to actually finish the sovereign's tactical systems first.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I love it. I'd recommend doing something with the ceiling, such as running light blocks or charged crystal down either side of the central ceiling tiles (lengthwise along the hallway), or maybe running additional light bars along the ceiling. It doesn't necessarily have to be lighting. It could be something more passive. Maybe even just use different colored armor along the edge of the ceiling. Maybe wrap the brown across the ceiling, from support to support.

The first picture in the post directly above, with the only light peeking out from behind grille appears to have the right "movie" style darker lighting scheme. The movies definitely liked to make things darker than the television show did. The TV show had light sources everywhere.

I'd actually like to recommend going back to standard armor on the grey panels, to see if it gives them a look of a 2-m-long panel instead of two 1-m panels, side-by-side. On the other hand, those texture lines look great to me.

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So, on a more "productive" note, i have just finished the warp core and added a button to eject it.

And here is a shot of the ejected core:

Last edited:
    Reactions: NuclearFun

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Added an emergency force field system around the warp core with a button.

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2

Started making some interior templates for the ship, and you can see the current stats:

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Update: 9/16: The Deflector Update- I redid the complete inner room of the deflector with some panels, a window, and some fancy catwalks. Also, i switched the ice for orange crystal on the dish outside.

Reactions: NuclearFun

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Update: 9/17-I just added some dark grey armor into the impulse engines to make them more accurate to the ones in the movies

[doublepost=1474128571,1474125915][/doublepost]Update: 9/17: Part 2: added a LOT of shields in the engineering hull, and did another tactical test with an older sovereign prototype...

Reactions: kikaha

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Update: 9/17 Part III- For most of today i have been working on fleshing out the interiors, and i have done quite a bit, so enjoy a compilation of all the new rooms-

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Did some work on the primary cargo bay to make it look more cargo bay-y-

[doublepost=1474217688,1474215502][/doublepost]And the secondary cargo bay...

[doublepost=1474218815][/doublepost]New Armory

Reactions: jayman38 and Scypio