Sovereign Class (1:1?) WIP

Is this cool

• Total voters

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    [Update: 9/8/16 Part III: Started and almost done with the inner part of the deflector.

Last edited:

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Started making the walls around main engineering and the coolant tanks for a sense of scale.

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    [Update: 9/9/16: Finishing up main engineering, next i'll add the jump and push computer for warp and the impulse engines.

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Awesome work so far. Is it too much to ask that the main deflector is a docked entity that can be manually released by logic triggers? As an afterthought, of course.

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Awesome work so far. Is it too much to ask that the main deflector is a docked entity that can be manually released by logic triggers? As an afterthought, of course.
    Possibly, it might be hard because the deflector is at an angle, but I'll look into it, if not, I will have some kind of multi input trigger for something out there cause I loved the spacewalk scene in first contact :)

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Here are some new pics I took of the ship with the new 'improved' graphics/lighting. Also this is your chance to yell at me to add some of the new 'auxiliary power'.

Reactions: kikaha
    Reaction score
    Shouldn't this thread be in the shipyard section?

Anyway, awesome ship. Looks like it'll be great.

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    [Update: 9/9/16: I added warp and impulse capability, as well as doing the main shuttlebay

If anyone could make me some type 11 shuttles, or even the ARGO, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Update: 9/10/16 P1?- finished the control room above the main shuttlebay with a button for the doors and some chairs, eventually might replace plexdoors with a nice rail door.

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Update: 9/10/16 P1?- finished the control room above secondary hangar with a button for the doors and some chairs, eventually might replace plexdoors with a nice rail door.
    That's the main shuttlebay, secondary would be at the back of the engineering hull.

TrueExcalibur116

Excalibur Fleetworks CEO
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Here's a sample hallway I just made, open to any input on improvements.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Here's a sample hallway I just made, open to any input on improvements.
    First, I'd like to recommend scaling down images.
    Now onto the actual suggestions:
    In the new Star Trek, I generally think of the hallways as sleek and unobscured, without "struts" or "supports" sticking out. In short, I recommend taking out the brown supports. That's not to say brown shouldn't be in your pallet. By all means, put up brown panels along the walls, between grey panels, to break up color boredom.
    I also recommend replacing standard armor with hull on the walls, to get the extra texturing. The standard armor all over the place lacks line texture, so it all looks muddy and cartoonish. You can still use standard armor to create long, continuous panels, but surround them with more textured blocks to give the impression of panels and depth.
    Another suggestion: don't be afraid to let some systems blocks show. They have techy animated textures, and it would look good to see something flash and blink, maybe at the far ends of hallways. Maybe hide them behind grill, like you have done with floor-level lighting. (unlit shield caps make decent ventilation fans behind grille.)
    Don't be afraid to use non-armor blocks as decoration. I frequently place thruster blocks in my ceilings as vents. Furthermore, thruster blocks can be rotated vertically, and give that same great "vent" texture on side walls. Blast door textures also contribute really great metal plating with depth, while adding to the overall armor level of the area. Display blocks are a popular decoration. Don't forget that you can color the text to something bright, and you can use ordinary characters like the square brackets, underlines, and good old-fashioned dashes to create LCARS-style screens.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I love your work True Excalibur. Beautiful.
    As Jayman38 says the corridors don't look quite as polished and clinical as they do in the series though, I swear Apple copied the design style!