Something that rhymes with "Harris Class Frigate"

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    My fucking fuck. This might be the best UNSC recreation in Starmade, easily on par with Skylord's Spirit of Fire and Infinity. This is 1:1 right?

Ayo SkylordLuke please tell me you've seen this.

Reactions: Anubis Evo
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    My fucking fuck. This might be the best UNSC recreation in Starmade, easily on par with Skylord's Spirit of Fire and Infinity. This is 1:1 right?

Ayo SkylordLuke please tell me you've seen this.
    It's a few meters over on the width, I think the height is on par though and we'll see what happens once the lower prow is finished for the length of it. Sitting at 503m long as it is now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!

The Upper and lower prow are finished! I am not done with where the bottom one connects though. I skipped it to finish the general shape of it. feels good to look at this monster.

Currently she sits at 535mL, 170mH, 209mW
    I do believe that before I got to far in I had estimated that it would be within 20 meters and I think I've done pretty well!

Edit: added the profile picture

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Holy. Flipping. Crap.
    I am impressed.
    Where's the "Awestruck"/"Awesome" option for ratings?

Only.....you're about 48 meters too tall. Wiki: Paris-class heavy frigate
    Other than that, awesome job.

The main gun should, to be lore-friendly, a cannon-pulse-punch-through or cannon-pulse-pierce weapon. The MAC gun was slow to fire, yet accelerated its multi-ton projectile to a significant fraction of the speed of light. This projectile was designed to punch through the hull (Human vessels had no shields when the MAC was invented)....in fact, super MAC rounds (ODP shots) were known to go end-to-end through fully shielded Covenant vessels.

Archer missiles should be heavy missile-beams with many outputs linked to one computer. Archers were not wimpy missiles, and they did NOT hit friendlies. The Paris is meant to work with other vessels, so having friendly-firing missiles is not very lore-friendly.

A Shiva was a powerful weapon capable of stripping the shields off of a Covenant frigate at a distance. Definitely use a large nuke array (M-P-E) for that.

Covenant PD was effective because it was based on lasers. And the ever-present semi-tracking plasma.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I would say the cannon/pulse/explosive would most accurately replicate a huge mass driver like halo MAC cannons ability to make a big-ass hole right through enemy ships. It would likely suffer from overpen at that size against anything but a heavily armored titan, but that would also be accurate since huge slug cannons like that tend to send their projectiles right through enemy ships with most of their energy not yet expended.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Holy. Flipping. Crap.
    I am impressed.
    Where's the "Awestruck"/"Awesome" option for ratings?

Only.....you're about 48 meters too tall. Wiki: Paris-class heavy frigate
    Other than that, awesome job.

The main gun should, to be lore-friendly, a cannon-pulse-punch-through or cannon-pulse-pierce weapon. The MAC gun was slow to fire, yet accelerated its multi-ton projectile to a significant fraction of the speed of light. This projectile was designed to punch through the hull (Human vessels had no shields when the MAC was invented)....in fact, super MAC rounds (ODP shots) were known to go end-to-end through fully shielded Covenant vessels.

Archer missiles should be heavy missile-beams with many outputs linked to one computer. Archers were not wimpy missiles, and they did NOT hit friendlies. The Paris is meant to work with other vessels, so having friendly-firing missiles is not very lore-friendly.

A Shiva was a powerful weapon capable of stripping the shields off of a Covenant frigate at a distance. Definitely use a large nuke array (M-P-E) for that.

Covenant PD was effective because it was based on lasers. And the ever-present semi-tracking plasma.
    haha thanks for the flattery.
    As per being off height wise; it's weird because it would be smooshed vertically if you built it to that specification. 112m is not much at all and I feel like it would look silly. Might be one of those video game-isms where they can fold space-time to make things fit where they shouldn't.

I am still really not sure how to go about the missiles. I feel like the power requirement for a lot of guided missiles fired at once (50) would dry up even a well equiped ship with docked power. If they are worth shooting anyways. I could be wrong but I know that power usage gets (exponentially?) larger the more weapons fired off one computer.

Edit: and I was using a source that said 170 but that was for the Rememberance class frigate; I thought the hull was the same dimension wise. Oh well! still looks good and I just finished up placing all 12 of the turrets on the hull.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius

The Upper and lower prow are finished! I am not done with where the bottom one connects though. I skipped it to finish the general shape of it. feels good to look at this monster.

Currently she sits at 535mL, 170mH, 209mW
    I do believe that before I got to far in I had estimated that it would be within 20 meters and I think I've done pretty well!

Edit: added the profile picture
    well,I see you dont have a masterbuilders badge yet,YETT
    you deserve it

Reaction score
    Aye, power usage gets worse the more emitters you have.

I'm probably wrong, but I think it's 10% extra per extra emitter. (and missiles are allready power-intensive)

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Holy shimoly! Looking awesome alright.

The profile so looks like a Halo rifle.

Reactions: Anubis Evo
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Not gonna look like a huge improvement compared to the last photos but making rails and logic function takes more time than placing blocks so it makes proportional sense i think.

Added all 12 deck guns and the hangar doors which open and close so far. next is the 12 missile silos and then either the escape pod hatches or archer missiles silos... whichever I'm feeling like at the time I suppose.

Reaction score
    So, for weaponry: have a LOT of computers to your Archer emitters. AI will fire them all rapidly, without such a huge power cost (though if you build them big enough to be realistic it'll still be huge); otherwise, click through them all fast and keep'em coming. For 70 launchers, 10 different comps is NOT extreme; in fact, you may need even more to really deal with the power cost.
    For the MAC: something big and focused on penetration. It was, in reality, a giant, unreactive slug occasionally built of depleted uranium (DU) that would cause fires as it heated up due to friction, but it was never explosive. C-P-PT is probably a good representation; I'd say C-B-PT to really get some use out of it. Because, keep in mind, this was a huge, longrange, insanely fast slug. Also, AI would be murder at long ranges with a giant waffled cannon plus various additional weaponry.
    Also, if you have a main weapon, do NOT use secondary weapons on the ship's main hull; consign those to turrets, especially if they outrange your powerful one, because AI will stick at MAXIMUM range, and it's not a dynamic one unless they're slow and the opponent is closing; otherwise, they WILL stand far, far off.
    Looking BEAUTIFUL, just BEAUTIFUL. Keep going! This might very well be the first ship I download from CC.
    Also, I thought the Archers were in pods? In that case, build some small turrets for them. About 240 blocks per computer, w/3 outputs, with Missile-33%Beam-66%Explosive (I think, it's close to that anyways - might be 50% explosive, Idk), is a very effective weapon. Switching it to a nuke (Beam to Pulse) gives it a huge power draw (I have turrets utilizing two box launcher setups, containing two of these sets) but allows it to obliterate in just one volley 1 mil shields and then half the hull on one of LvD's Simeons, and though it's made out of hull blocks, the crater looks nice and deep. The first volley put the thing out of action; the second actually overheated it.
    I prefer fast missiles, though; they reload faster and aren't so vulnerable to PD systems.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Amazing.

HOWEVER, if I have one tiny complaint, it is that your details, while amazing from far away, don't look quite as good up close. Which I'm sure you can remedy with some dedicated tinkering.

Also, those orange vents/missile tubes/whatever they are are a bit too bright for the ship as a whole, instant fix would be to ice them over.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Amazing.

HOWEVER, if I have one tiny complaint, it is that your details, while amazing from far away, don't look quite as good up close. Which I'm sure you can remedy with some dedicated tinkering.

Also, those orange vents/missile tubes/whatever they are are a bit too bright for the ship as a whole, instant fix would be to ice them over.
    Thanks!

I like the input for the details and I just want to say to them; if you're talking about the archer missile emplacements and the escape shuttle bays, those are just place holders for logic. The rest is limitations to starmade so there isn't much else one can do.

As per the missile tubes on the arms, it's more of a maroon color, and that doesn't exist in starmade and the alternatives are brown which didn't look good.

One thing to keep in mind is that it's still not done yet so things can change before she gets released. There are still places all over the ship I'm touching up to look better as I go along :)

Last edited:

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Are you using red or orange? Red might work for the missile tubes. Either way, it creates a good contrast to let you know it's something boom boom lurks beneath.