Something that rhymes with "Harris Class Frigate"

Reaction score
    Amazing. Absolutely amazing. So, have you decided what role the ship is going to play?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Nope- I have no idea. I'm attempting to make it as canon as I can so maneuverability and speed will be a large portion of the systems. and it will obviously have point defense systems too, but those are one of the "video game-isms" where they exist but don't exist if you know what I mean so that will be up to me as to where they go and how they'll look around the ship.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    There are two essential pieces of criticism to be offered, actually: "There's not enough PICTURES!" and "It's not done yet!"

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I figured that I could share a picture of the arms that i've been working on. was a little ambitious about trying to get the hangars built and in retrospect I probably should have started with something else... if things don't seem to fit though its easy enough to trim or add blocks.

also, shout-out to the Halo Wiki page on the remembrance class frigate for pictures and fun facts. Save me research time on the daily.

I'll try to post more pictures if that's what the people want. But I find tiny pieces keep the appetite wanting more ;)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Is that supposed to be a Saber fighter or something near the engines?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Is that supposed to be a Saber fighter or something near the engines?
    Yeah, I saw recently that someone had made a saber and put it on the dock for download. It's a pretty well done saber too and I was curious how it would fit in the hangars. I just have it and the pelican I made sitting down there in case I need them or for measurements.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Not that its really time for it yet, but does anyone have ideas on what I should use as the MAC weapon? was thinking a Hulk missiles but I honestly don't know...

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Not that its really time for it yet, but does anyone have ideas on what I should use as the MAC weapon? was thinking a Hulk missiles but I honestly don't know...
    Hmm. Obviously the closest lore-wise would be a cannon/pulse array. That won't kill many block though so perhaps the same but in a waffle arrangement to punch a 20 x 20 hole in something. Massive dumbfire missiles...missile pulse is too slow. Maybe 50% pulse multi warhead array? I have similar death "cannon" on my hunter thats a big 10 million damage missile/beam job. perhaps a logic powered missile repeater?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Hmm. Obviously the closest lore-wise would be a cannon/pulse array. That won't kill many block though so perhaps the same but in a waffle arrangement to punch a 20 x 20 hole in something. Massive dumbfire missiles...missile pulse is too slow. Maybe 50% pulse multi warhead array? I have similar death "cannon" on my hunter thats a big 10 million damage missile/beam job. perhaps a logic powered missile repeater?
    As far as lore goes, I know on the bottom "prong" we'll call it, it launches huge missiles out of it which I think would be neat to make logic torpedoes launch from there. The top is where the MAC resides and I really like the idea for the waffle pattern weapon firing one volley which we'll just make believe is a slug. But I know that cannon-pulse have huge power requirements and it's worse when you fire multiple weapons from one computer at the same time. So would a simple cannon and modifier be better or maybe cannon-beam?

As a side note about weapons, can guided missiles be fired using logic? I would think not since you have to acquire the lock but I don't know for sure.. :/

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    As far as lore goes, I know on the bottom "prong" we'll call it, it launches huge missiles out of it which I think would be neat to make logic torpedoes launch from there. The top is where the MAC resides and I really like the idea for the waffle pattern weapon firing one volley which we'll just make believe is a slug. But I know that cannon-pulse have huge power requirements and it's worse when you fire multiple weapons from one computer at the same time. So would a simple cannon and modifier be better or maybe cannon-beam?

As a side note about weapons, can guided missiles be fired using logic? I would think not since you have to acquire the lock but I don't know for sure.. :/
    Only dumb fire and heatseekers work properly with logic.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Wow, stunning work! Will you upload to the dock for people to play with? :)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    As far as lore goes, I know on the bottom "prong" we'll call it, it launches huge missiles out of it which I think would be neat to make logic torpedoes launch from there.
    What? That's not true at all. The top "prong" is the MAC, and the bottom prong doesn't really serve a function per say; it is mostly filled with sensors and antennae. Not to mention, the UNSC mainly uses only two missiles, M58 Archers and Shiva Thermonuclear Missiles. Archers fire from the small tetrahedron shaped pods and Shivas were either mounted on fighters or fired from small internal launchers because they aren't actually very big.

There's no huge-ass missile in Halo canon as far as I know.

As for what weapon to use for the weapons I'd go with a Cannon/Beam/Ion for the MAC and then Missile/Missile/Explosive for the Archers. That would match canon most closely, as MACs were generally used to drop shields and if the target wasn't destroyed outright swarms of archers would finish them off. You could also go Cannon/Beam/Pierce if you just want a super high damage shot that breaks through a huge number of blocks.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    They have up to three shiva missiles that are launched from the base of the lower prong, where it meets the main hull.

The lower prong is primarily used for targeting for the MAC and for long distance communications, and to provide some extra armour.