Solutons to discourage gigantism?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Maybe an auto updater would help? There are plenty of programmers around it seems

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Maybe an auto updater would help? There are plenty of programmers around it seems
    It's not that; we'd have to write new recipes and add all of the new blocks that were added in said updates. Eventually BDLS and I got busy with real life shit and said "Fuck it".

Doom's auto-updater always worked well.

Reaction score
    Y'all are shitting on this guy hardcore, but the actual problem of being able to afford a capship within half an hour of joining a server has never been addressed.
    Enable ship blueprints from blocks only, and/or disable local catalog uploads

Boom. Problem solved.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Enable ship blueprints from blocks only, and/or disable local catalog uploads

Boom. Problem solved.
    Did you stop reading there or did you read the entire post? God damn the reading comprehension on this forum is like a 3rd grade classroom.

Reactions: Keptick

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    @Thalanor You're absolutely right! Here...

TAKE SMALL SHIPS TO THE FAAAAAACE!!!!!!
    YES!!! That's excellent... but wait, that's also another reason why large ships are better... They can hold, protect, and launch hundreds of smaller ones at will, rather than just being a single smaller one... :\

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    YES!!! That's excellent... but wait, that's also another reason why large ships are better... They can hold, protect, and launch hundreds of smaller ones at will, rather than just being a single smaller one... :\
    That's a secret >_>

But seriously, do you expect a lone small craft to take down something like my ship? If so, you're dreaming.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    That's a secret >_>

But seriously, do you expect a lone small craft to take down something like my ship? If so, you're dreaming.
    No, but I expect a team of three well-built corvettes or gunboats to be able to at least drain its power, disable its turrets or stop it and its turrets in their tracks. And I expect said team plus a cruiser or battleship to be able to take it down within reason, given decent pilots. All those small ships might change that, though... They should themselves be able to pretty much destroy said cruiser or battleship, and even currently I suspect that they can.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Did someone order 2200 drone-slots?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ooooh, preeeeety. Back on topic... Nice job proving my point. :P

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    BREAKING: Larger ships have more space available.

More on this at 11.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    No, but I expect a team of three well-built corvettes or gunboats to be able to at least drain its power, disable its turrets or stop it and its turrets in their tracks. And I expect said team plus a cruiser or battleship to be able to take it down within reason, given decent pilots. All those small ships might change that, though... They should themselves be able to pretty much destroy said cruiser or battleship, and even currently I suspect that they can.
    I confirm that they can obliterate cruisers on their own :p . The ship will also have two drone cruisers docked inside. But honestly, it's a warship (as if it wasn't obvious with all the guns sticking out XD ) and therefore shouldn't be taken lightly. I'm intentionally making it a weapon of mass destruction!

However, get 1/4th of the mass in battleships and cruisers and it should get rekt™.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I confirm that they can obliterate cruisers on their own :p . The ship will also have two drone cruisers docked inside. But honestly, it's a warship (as if it wasn't obvious with all the guns sticking out XD ) and therefore shouldn't be taken lightly.

However, get 1/4th of the mass in battleships and cruisers and it should get rekt™.
    Meh, that's fine, then, I suppose.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Are people seriously still using the "dur tiny fighter should no kil ze big titen" argument? Thanks, captain obvious. Those against gigantism just want small (not tiny micro fighters) to still be useful, and for big ships to be an actual difficult achievement for a faction, not just something they have lying around, with purposefully regulated numbers, because, surprise, the game isn't as fun with big ships. The factions realised this and so they purposefully limit themselves.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Like who???
    Those who cant compete..don't.. its that simple.
    I'm not saying people shouldn't compete. I'm saying the end all to end all shouldn't be a 600m capital ship. I DO think people should be able to build large ships, and I think those ships should be good. But the faction with the biggest ship shouldn't be able to automatically win every fight, and it should be difficult to obtain a ship like that in the first place. Instead of laggy 600m titans everywhere, I'd like to see more corvettes and smaller battleships.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I would say ships over 600m are a bit excessive because of the lag that occurs and when you have people putting 4 400m turrets on them, it requires equal or greater mass of ship and power to try and beat. I must tell you the biggest ship within reason does not win ever time. It goes to whom has the best ships and the most members. A 1000m ship can be beaten with ships of lesser length. I would like to see ships around 100k mass fight , and even some 100m ships are fun as hell to fight with as me and Matt found out today lol. You know with the stop effect it doesn't matter how fast or slow your ship is.. you are going to be stop no matter what and die if you don't have greater firepower.
    The size of your ship will depend on who you fight and the arms race that occurs within factions. Servers themselves provide the limitation on ship size and practical use. if getting blocks are hard, large ships are less common, if servers are laggy, large ships are less common, if smaller ships performs better, and will not be stopped with the stop effect and obliterated, then large ships will be uncommon. Can we do something about stop effect, explosion should work, but stop well, does its job to well. In truth, on a server someone will have a large ship, like it or not.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Remember that post?

With that phrase in bold you started to disrespect those who do not think like you, maybe was my lack of english striking again, then i must ask sorry to missunderstand you, and i don´t understood your point but it's curious how learning to weave energy blocks in the three axes is called "know how to build an eficient ship", and I'm not talking about to build only lines in the three axes.

A large ship = Around 200 meters and less 250.000 blocks, forget the mass, mass don´t lag, the block numbers does.

Fat asses = below 200 meters and more than 250.000 blocks.
    I'm sure most large and fat ass ships are above 200m. He'll my turrets are larger than 200m haha. 200m is a good size for a small to medium ship, but i must say 350 is were it is at lol