Solar's average shipyard! (SCIENCE IN PROGRESS)

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Love the greebling, especially on the turrets.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I dug through my google images inspiration folder and started working on a light drone carrier, which will carry 5 drones (or more if I make tiny drones). I'm not sure what to call it .

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Monday's progress of the UC: Front details done. I will be making custom turrets for this ship (and future ones), since the AMS is blocking the bridge and I lazily put some Galatas from my PA ships thread. I plan to have a beam AMS and some main defense beam turrets as well.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The ship is a bit stubbier than the concept.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Monday's progress of the UC: Front details done. I will be making custom turrets for this ship (and future ones), since the AMS is blocking the bridge and I lazily put some Galatas from my PA ships thread. I plan to have a beam AMS and some main defense beam turrets as well.
    The "Apple Orchard?"

Reaction score
    The ship is a bit stubbier than the concept.
    Although I can agree with that I don't want it to be exact. I might make an exact replica in the future, though.
    The "Apple Orchard?"
    Maybe. Though I'm getting tired of relating everything to apples.
    ____________________________​
    Anyway, I went ahead and worked on the front & back parts of the hull. Tomorrow I'll have an extra hour (because thanks public school system) to work on the rear. I have a new concept for a "jump orb." I also have no idea what to do with the blank space underneath the bridge, so throw suggestions!
    Progress

Top down

Side view, blank under-bridge space

Closeup of main engines
    New AMS is nested like many of my other turrets

2 blocks deep into ship hull

Reaction score
    So I've decided that instead of continually going for the trend of relating things to apples, I've decided to name this something even more uncreative or original. You ready? Are you ready for this? Come closer. A little closer. Little closer. You listening? You listening? You listening? Okay.

No really, I'm calling it that. Also more images, album this time!

Reactions: Micro753
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey Solar! I've shamelessly stolen your AMS turret style, but also plugged you in the process. Hope u dont mind. If you do, tell me and I'll chop the end off the vid.

Razorthorn Build Log 4

EDIT: Wasnt trying to hijack the thread with embedded video, replaced with link.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Annoying... stick? Wow. Apple Branch would be better than that.

Reaction score
    Hey Solar! I've shamelessly stolen your AMS turret style, but also plugged you in the process. Hope u dont mind. If you do, tell me and I'll chop the end off the vid.

Razorthorn Build Log 4

EDIT: Wasnt trying to hijack the thread with embedded video, replaced with link.
    It's fine. To be honest I didn't really come up with it either. I saw someone else's AMS turret and made a simplified, smaller version 2 blocks up the ship hull. Also that's a really nice ship!
    Annoying... stick? Wow. Apple Branch would be better than that.
    Well it makes sense though. It's a stick, and annoying. Not too big of a problem since it carries 5 drones and an anti-shield beam, but it's still annoying. Dangerous in large groups.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    i just wanted to say that im not islamic. someone reviewed my astick and pointed out the star and crescent. then i realized that i was bad at logos. basically i wanted to incorporate even more apples into my builds and wanted to have a bit apple as my logo. then i realized tht i would pretty much be using the apple logo. so i got rid of the stem and any significance that its an apple, and put a 4 pointed star in the center to symbolize space travel.

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i just wanted to say that im not islamic. someone reviewed my astick and pointed out the star and crescent. then i realized that i was bad at logos. basically i wanted to incorporate even more apples into my builds and wanted to have a bit apple as my logo. then i realized tht i would pretty much be using the apple logo. so i got rid of the stem and any significance that its an apple, and put a 4 pointed star in the center to symbolize space travel.
    I didn't say it was bad o-o (Not racist.)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    And if it were a star and cresent, who would give a fuck? I f you want to express you religious beliefs via logos on a ship, should be fine right?
    Better than fly an airplane into a skyscraper or something like that IMO
    Also, the ship is really cool my friend :cool:

Reaction score
    hehEHehEHeh guess who else hard of the NEWS of rts-tyle fleet command ooOOOoo your fav scientist is reTURNing