Solar's average shipyard! (SCIENCE IN PROGRESS)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    (Working on templates)
    (Taking a break) <--- Usually means building small ships, turrets, drones, experimenting, or just doing stuff you would do in KSP except in starmade. Such as killing crew mates and rescuing the rescue team.

So, I'm pretty new to shipbuilding and starmade in general. But I've gotten mostly positive feedback for all of my recent ships, and I feel pretty confident about the ships I will be designing in the future. So I figured I'd make a thread to post updates and ships instead of clogging the subforums. I give you:

Solar's average shipyard!
    Ships:

-Apple class invasion ship- Apple Tree -Battlecruiser- ~by Solar
    New ship. Does things.

Stats:
    Mass: 78k
    L/H/W: 185/109/107

Power cap/Recharge: 39mil/2.5mil
    Shield cap/Recharge: 6mil/3.6k

Armament:
    -6 Explosive sniper missiles, 745k damage each
    -6 barrel Explosive rapid fire cannons, 27k dps
    -Anti-shield Ion cannon beam, 13k dps
    -2x Explosive nukes, 1.2 million damage each

Turrets:
    -8 Plasma Scatter CCE turrets
    -10 Fruit grinder AMS turrets

Features:
    -2 CageBox drone racks, holds 6x drones
    -Small hangar
    -Cargo bay
    -Blank nameplate area
    -Small roleplay-ish interior
    -More basic logic

This ship is pretty tanky and packs a punch. Good for roleplaye use.
    Download: -Apple class- YC-10 DD =by Solar=

This is the ship I am most proud of. It's a tanky ship with powerful missiles and plenty of detail.
    Download: (My best ship) Apple class -MBE boat- by Solar

Simple sniper missile drone for carrier use.
    Download: -Drone- MB RedBox -by Solar

This fighter comes with two powerful Explosive Sniper Missiles for blowing holes in enemy ships.
    Download: Big Double Barrel fighter -MBE- by Solar
    [SPOLER=More pictures(7)]

Simple turret for anti-drone purposes. Download: Plasma scatter turret

Turrets:
    soon

Templates:

soon

Other:
    soon

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    'average'

I think you messed up the imgur albums
    Yeah, looks like I messed up some. I'll get that fixed now.
    EDIT: I don't see anything wrong with the albums. Can you maybe describe what you're seeing or are they just not showing up? They work just fine for me.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, looks like I messed up some. I'll get that fixed now.
    EDIT: I don't see anything wrong with the albums. Can you maybe describe what you're seeing or are they just not showing up? They work just fine for me.
    It's a joke. They don't look average so he is joking you must have linked the wrong albums. :P

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Dayum. That double-barrel fighter is hardly "average..." I like your style. Color scheme reminds me a bit of CyberTao's ships, though.

Reaction score
    So I'm currently working on copy paste templates of both greebling and interior design as well as armor plates and other assets. Here's what I have so far:

If anyone has suggestions of what every ship class should include, please respond. Also feedback on the interior is welcome.

Anyway, when I have everything done I'll go ahead and post it to the community. Though when I initially had the plan to make all of these templates it was, well, is going to be part of a... thing. Here's a peek:

Reaction score
    So, today I worked on some exterior greebling, armor plates, and details for my new ship and future ones. I'm probably going to build something small with what I have now tomorrow because I'm going on vacation friday/saturday. First off, here is my random assortment of exterior detail templates:

Next, I've been working on some turrets and recoloring the apple shooter. I would've gotten the stats down but I was busy with the detail making and turret making and testing. Here's the newly subpar colored apple shooter:

Next, I've decided that since my last popup turrets weren't so great at actually shooting missiles because of their limited holes, I just went with making a regular anti missile turret. This one is actually cannon cannon, and can face all the way up. Behold the fruit grinder:

Lastly, I was inspired by Nuclear Fun's vertical launch turrets to make my own. The problem is that for some reason they crash probably on the base of the turret or at the bottom and I don't know why. For more details and if you think you can find out what's wrong, check it out here: http://starmadedock.net/content/will-be-updated-apple-lobber-mbe-vertical-launch-turret.3666/ And please let me know if you find a solution. Behold the apple lobber:

Anyway, I think I'll reveal the full plans for my new ship once I have all the turrets and templates done.

Reaction score
    Here's the new frigate I made, purely cannons. The interior takes up lots of space so I had to squeeze in systems. This was built with almost no plan and is very rough, so I'll probably put it up for download on request. It comes with 3 apple shooter turrets, 6 AMS turrets, and a double barrel Cannon-Cannon-Explosive main weapon which I forgot the dps of. It also has around 17mil power at around 1mil/sec (i think) and 22k shields at Idontknow/sec.

Reaction score
    (Images of progress below and in future posts)

SO! It's time to reveal my plans.
    BEHOLD, The Apple Tree! And more crappy writing and drawing.

This is an ambitious idea I've had for a while and I finally put it down on paper. But because I am bad at scaling and don't want to spend too much time on it to interfere with school (I've missed 3 days which means I have to make up lots of work. I probably wont be doing anything tomorrow cause I have to complete all the work), it has been shrinked. This ship will have it's own cargo bay (I'll probably make my own crates), a hangar for a small scout ship, and room for 8 drones. My planned interior so far is some rooms and showers+medbays. There will be a meeting and recreation room, a mess hall and a bridge. I don't want to use up too much interior space. The planned armament for this ship will include 2x sniper missiles, forward launched, and an anti-shield cannon to support the drones. It already has 6 of my new turrets, and I plan to re-make my fruit grinder AMS turrets to fit my style of compact turrets. This ship will probably have 10 of those. Anyway, I might make a larger one with the future in-line with the initial plans, probably during summertime.

Here's the full image dump including unused images. WARNING: This album contains 27 images. If you are on mobile I suggest not opening it.

Reaction score
    So I had less work to do than I thought, and managed to finish the armor plates as well as add directional thrusters with their RCS tanks. I've installed 2 more Plasma Scatters in the empty space at the top.

Reaction score
    Update! I've been adding more details and a bit too much to some plates which I might remove those extras later. I've worked on the front all the way to the back and also added the left drone rack.

Reaction score
    I'm not dead, just looking at tumblr trash instead of actually building what I guess is gonna be more of a battlecruiser than a drone carrier.
    (3 images)

Reaction score
    fak i flooded the bunks with rechargers
    [DOUBLEPOST=1448398631,1448397356][/DOUBLEPOST]So, because I'm a nice person and TOTALLY NOT lazy or anything, I'll be intentionally leaving empty spaces for you to put whatever you want! You can add stuff in
    -The front of the ship in-between the checkered pattern of the power reactors
    -Some horizontal diagonal areas
    -In the rear wings where the 4 rear turrets are
    Other than that I've tried to fill in any empty space and I apologize if there's still some airpockets. I think next time I'm gonna follow my ship plans better to make building easier. As a matter of fact, I already have a plan for next time:

1. Build frame
    2. Interior then systems reaching borders of frame
    3. Exterior

At least then I'll have a usable ship before it's done.