So I was testing the new Dev Build...

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    One thing I have noticed is the thing doesn't have a faction block. All stations, ships, and planet parts should require a faction block to have a faction.

Same thing with the AI module on ships, for a ship or turret to have Non NPC Character Based AI it should have an AI module.

Also for a station/planet to have a Trade Node it should have to have a Shop Module.

These are my main 3 gripes, yes I know we're in the testing phase but come on at least put this in as an option we can turn on and off to make sure it works and happens. XD

Reaction score
    "One thing I have noticed is the thing doesn't have a faction block. All stations, ships, and planet parts should require a faction block to have a faction."
    I made ships with faction without faction block by using blueprints.
    If a player can do that with blueprints why would npc factions be unable to do that?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    "One thing I have noticed is the thing doesn't have a faction block. All stations, ships, and planet parts should require a faction block to have a faction."
    I made ships with faction without faction block by using blueprints.
    If a player can do that with blueprints why would npc factions be unable to do that?

I think his point is that without faction blocks, you have to pretty much destroy the entity to claim it. Where if you have a faction block, you can have boarding actions and claim the ship with minimal damage.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    I think his point is that without faction blocks, you have to pretty much destroy the entity to claim it. Where if you have a faction block, you can have boarding actions and claim the ship with minimal damage.
    This, same thing with AI.

Neither player or NPC AI should be able to do this outside testing, outside testing the blocks that control something like if it has faction, AI, or shop should be needed. As for when NPC Characters are on a ship, planet, or station AI mod shouldn't be needed since they are piloting the thing. :)

Reaction score
    This, same thing with AI.

Neither player or NPC AI should be able to do this outside testing, outside testing the blocks that control something like if it has faction, AI, or shop should be needed. As for when NPC Characters are on a ship, planet, or station AI mod shouldn't be needed since they are piloting the thing. :)
    You fools! You're asking for the devs to impose reason on their creations! You'll destroy the entire game with speech like that!

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    You fools! You're asking for the devs to impose reason on their creations! You'll destroy the entire game with speech like that!
    >:P This is where the option to turn it on and off comes in handy. >:P

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Guys! Saber and Criss have outdone themselves, creating a wave of fantastic assets for the Trading guild and scav alike.

Reaction score
    I know you're joking but that thing still has more color and details that the extreme vanilla stuff I build

Reaction score
    they could be using templates, start using them to save your sanity