Snataris Colonial Fleetyards - NEW: HoloSuite Ultimate Edition

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Best looking perma cloak Starmade has ever seen.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    SCF engineering appreciates your appreciation!
    I recently discovered stealth ships as a very fun framework for engineering (rather than just building bigger ships with more system blocks all the time). Conveniently, thrusters have awesome side textures and jump drive modules have hull-looking top and bottom textures - as such all that was left after making an optimized power generator skeleton* was adding them as hull replacement and use wedges/tetras/pentas for smoothing.

I really liked how just by chance, the very first try resulted in exactly 1000 jump drive modules. I really like smooth numbers in the weapons menu. You can also make the jump drive much smaller and put large nukes on the ship, if that is your thing :)

*few generators with each of them assuming the maximum boxdim the ship's shape permits. Any reactor group less than ~30 power regen modules is horribly inefficient for stealth. All groups have at least 100 modules in them with very few surplus ones for "snakeing" around others. The boxdims are mostly 2D, not 3D, because otherwise the ship would have looked far less sleek.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yes, since I have used it exclusively for some time now on the server I play, I will release it after adding shields and a jumpdrive.

Reaction score
    Amazing ships, I'm looking to build my own miner like that since my server doesn't allow uploads. How is the minerals deposited tho? Do you just place a storage box and it is deposited into them? Also your original post doesn't have links to the download pages.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    codemanftw the Mercer-B is now in community content! (awaiting mod approval currently).
    Dzuari yes, you just connect the salvage computer to a storage chest, and automated mining will work.

Last edited:
    Reactions: harg
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Really amazing ship, I can't actually test the cloak and radar without downgrading my client sadly but all other reports say they are fully functional. The pictures are deceptive to how this ship actually looks in game. I didn't even know you could overcharge a jump drive like that... I wonder if that's not a bug... Oh and I would hate to see what happens to this ship if you get scanned in range of any fast acting turrets as this ship has no defenses and will die instantly.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If you get scanned in dangerous turret range with the Rotanev, then you will die :D
    It is designed to be able to charge the jump drive to a large extend while still performing the previous jump, so you can get away almost immediately if you jump into a defense matrix of turrets. AFAIK jump drive overcharging is not a bug, it is meant to be an option to create dedicated jumpships if I recall correctly.

Note that by using the replace filter, you can swap up to the whole 1000 jump drive modules for other systems such as shields.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The following little tech demo is an indicator that I have finally started a large project, large enough to house this in my CIC at least.
    A fully functional 33x13 display! Right now, it only features two static messages (alert and systems online), but I plan for a huge amount of static messages as well as dynamic ones (where their content is directly influenced by the current status of the ship's systems, like damage displays on the ship cross-section).

FEATURES (planned or implemented):
    - 33x13 pixels
    - Every message can have one of five colors (white, red, yellow, green, blue) or alternate/flash between two of them
    - Messages can have animations of arbitrary length in them . New: looped animations are also possible now
    - Messages can be both static (content always the same when triggered) or dynamic (content depends on additional inputs aside from trigger signal)
    - Maximum contrast and readability, even better once placed in a special case (to be designed)
    - Relatively low performance impact, none at all (logic does not update any blocks or lights aside from the core clock) when non-flashing message with reasonable animation content is loaded

Last edited:

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Update! I have significantly increased the capabilites of the display, and done away with the color flash (1 message = 1 color now). As a replacement looped as well as onetime animations are possible. The following gif features the very first actual "program" (a simple looping metasequence that shows the first four already implemented messages.

The "HULL OK" message changes when there is hull damage, btw - there will just be the hull outline instead of the text, and the damaged areas will flash up. Same is planned with turrets and point defense status.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    lol, your thrust will actually push people away!

I love the amount of .gif imgs there are, really describes what you built :O