Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    may I ask how you allocate more memory to it now that it is Smeidt_classic.jar?
    because I can't allocate using the Cmd prompt anymore.
    I am still working on the best way for us to force more memory, but for now as a quick fix for what we are doing to move this along

jo_sm.jar inside of the starmade folder is a self executable jar file now. It wasn't before. It is the main application and took commands from the statup jar file (we will keep it that way for later) but for now clicking the jo_sm.jar will start up the smedit application with 2 gigs of ram allocated.

I keep trying to not lose our goodness while we move along to better things, and am working on the best running we can so we can push the memory up and do much more with the application. :) thank you for showing your continued interest in making sure we can still do these things. I will do my best to honor your request to make sure our app continues to give us what we want.

I will do my best to get the memory settings implemented and in as soon as I can so you can pre set what you want in the start up.

Reaction score
    Loving how the project is moving along, I finally fixed my download, it was my Java acting up and not the fault of SMedit. However I have a small bar in the top right comer of my SMedit window that looks like the progress bar for an update, it fluctuates between 21-45Mb/494Mb, mind if I ask what that is? and if its the updater any way to get it to actually work =P

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Loving how the project is moving along, I finally fixed my download, it was my Java acting up and not the fault of SMedit. However I have a small bar in the top right comer of my SMedit window that looks like the progress bar for an update, it fluctuates between 21-45Mb/494Mb, mind if I ask what that is? and if its the updater any way to get it to actually work =P
    Thats RAM usage

Reactions: Dimcreaper
    Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    that bar tells you how much ram memory the app is using on your system. If it gets too high you can click on it to ask the app to dump the memory and recalculate its use.

Reactions: Dimcreaper
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It always wants me to do the input thing where starmade is but when i click ok the same thing pops up all the time :(

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It always wants me to do the input thing where starmade is but when i click ok the same thing pops up all the time :(
    That sounds like an issue with it recording the location of your starmade folder. That's not that big of a deal. Let me know what operating system you are using (like windows 8, or windows 7, or what ever) and I will help you get it going.)

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That sounds like an issue with it recording the location of your starmade folder. That's not that big of a deal. Let me know what operating system you are using (like windows 8, or windows 7, or what ever) and I will help you get it going.)
    windows 8, the folder is in the path it's asking (in my downloads folder)

Reaction score
    I only get this error when trying to start it up, Error could not create java virtual machine...

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    windows 8, the folder is in the path it's asking (in my downloads folder)
    then your path should look something like this

C:\Users\"User name"\Downloads\StarMade

Where "user name" is the name of the log in to the computer, Make sure to put the "StarMade" at the end and that both the "S" and the "M" are in caps

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Here is a quick update as to whats coming next for the SMEdit Classic.

! eye candy

re-organized the repaint edit bar on the left hand side. changed the buttons on it to image buttons.
    added "screen shots" to the menu button bar (this was a plugin and came with options) ours on the button bar is much more simple it names the images simply by date the image was made and deposits them into the screenshots folder in your "SMEdit" folder found in your documents or "My Documents"
    Also added the undo and redo buttons to the button bar, but we will still have to work on hooking in most of the actions done on the app. So a good many actions are not even hooked into the undo feature, but for the ones that are there is now a quick undo for them. (more to come on this as we progress)

We will be expanding more on more default application actions that are not plugin related as we move more towards plugins being broken up and not all in 1 single jar file.

I will get more in depth on this in our SMEdit2 forums do up very soon.

Still working on the app taking more memory on start up and that is what is holding up the next update. I should have it ready in the next 24 hours.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    When I click open and select a blueprint and click ok it wont load the blueprint. it only shows the default SMEdit ship.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So there isnt a SMEdit version for .142b blueprints then?
    Correct.

I am working on SMEdit2 that will handle newly made blueprints. For now this "Classic" version is the only out there and it only handles older blueprints.

When SMEdit2 is finished it will handle new blueprints and the classic version will handle old blueprints. (too much math at this time to make an app do both.)

So for now the "SMEdit_Classic" runs on the new version of the game but only opens older blueprints, and the "SMEdit2" is on the works but not yet public.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    quick update to development and the soon to be released fix for our little SMEdit.

first eye candy

now if you notice I do have the main app taking memory commands from the app loader jar.

What I am doing is making sure our update available math and download system is set up along with the options panel for people set how much memory if they are on 64 bit or 32 bit and home starmade folder location,

We need to try and have most of that right before I put out the next patch because this is going to require a fresh download of the main start up app and we don't want to have people needing to download the start up app too many times for changes that need to be made.

After I have all the new blocks and other needed things in the client I will put that out there. Please be patient as the to do list is getting quite large at this point, but I am trudging through what I can get done as we move along. We will get it all in there just please be patient.

here is the newly made forum for SMEdit_Classic and SMEdit2 if you guys would like to start registering there.
    http://smedit2.lazygamerz.org/forum/

Bobbybighoof, (Robert Barefoot) , lead project manager
    SMEdit_Classic , SMEdit2

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Update to the main support forum for SMEdit Classic and SMEdit2

Gallery added, App screenies and app made things as well
    App screenies http://smedit2.lazygamerz.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery;cat=1
    projects screenies http://smedit2.lazygamerz.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery;cat=2

All screenies come with the links to use these uploads in other places on the web.

Also added share downloads for blueprints made in SMEdit Classic and SMEdit2 as well as 3D meshes that are prepared for use in SMEdit
    Downloads http://smedit2.lazygamerz.org/forum/index.php?action=downloads

All downloads are prepared to show new posts of downloads on the main forum boards so that interested users can follow and track downloads they might be interested in.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The main post has been updated to reflect the changes and updates made this past week.
    (thank you guys for the apologies for the loss of my last comment and update to the main post.)

SMEdit now on version control with version 1.3.56 out for download
    (You will need to register on the support forums for SMEdit to download)

SMEdit Classic version 1.3.56