Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So, if I'm reading this right, you're choosing to make one more update to smedit that's mainly graphical, and then you won't be updating it to work with the current blueprint version? And if so, are you releasing/open sourcing the code so other people can work on it and maybe take over the project for you? I don't understand completely what's going on.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So, if I'm reading this right, you're choosing to make one more update to smedit that's mainly graphical, and then you won't be updating it to work with the current blueprint version? And if so, are you releasing/open sourcing the code so other people can work on it and maybe take over the project for you? I don't understand completely what's going on.
    At this time I am not doing any updates (unless it breaks do to block config changes or something) to smedit as it stands I am however in the middle of a complete re write of the application to be something mine and something more then it is now. The "look and feel screenshot" I showed is the look and feel code I am working on for the new application. I will be making it open source and offering both the source download and compiled versions with explanation as to how to implement it in other java applications. All I can say is stay tuned as to how it is going for me. I might consider open source on the rewrite of SMEdit and then considering the 0 help ever gotten for SMEdit itself when the gethub was always there; I may not because to be honest very few even have a clue or care to honestly help.

Reactions: Super_Dork_42
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yo folks. MushroomFleet rattled my cage and convinced me that StarMade is a thing again. So I've done some updates on SMEdit.
    All of Bobby's changes appeared to be cosmetic, so I rolled those back, and cut down what was there to focus on just importing and exporting blueprints. There is currently an alpha version that we're testing for viability. Seems to work at creating blueprints that can be read by the modern StarMade. It does not support editing the current StarMade format.
    The Wiki has more info. Or you can go right to GitHub and download the latest release. Please report bugs and make features requests on the issue tracker on GitHub.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yo folks. MushroomFleet rattled my cage and convinced me that StarMade is a thing again. So I've done some updates on SMEdit.
    All of Bobby's changes appeared to be cosmetic, so I rolled those back, and cut down what was there to focus on just importing and exporting blueprints. There is currently an alpha version that we're testing for viability. Seems to work at creating blueprints that can be read by the modern StarMade. It does not support editing the current StarMade format.
    The Wiki has more info. Or you can go right to GitHub and download the latest release. Please report bugs and make features requests on the issue tracker on GitHub.
    awesome!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The new release works great! now being able to save to .sment allows easy import with in game catalog. it has never been easier with modern pc specs being somewhat higher than 5 years back. I have released the Shell for the Yamato i converted from Thingiverse here and recommend using copy paste to take half the ship along its length and paste it in symmetry to get that perfect. I released my Half template for pasting also linked in the blueprint thread above.

Thanks again Jo and looking forward to see what is next for SMedit!

Reaction score
    Thank you for this update jjaquinta! I am glad to have this most recent version even though I'm late to it.
    I have just come back to StarMade, absolutely love the game concept and have been trying to use this version of SMEdit with the current game version V0.203.150 which worked well enough to put an initial hull into the game and I was very impressed with the render quality and sizing of the ship I imported, but after some hand fitting and adjustments to the not quite right hull smoothing, and some refitting of the starboard nacelle I was unable to open the new .sment file in SMEdit ( I had planned to fit only half the ship and use the mirror method to cut out half the job which will otherwise be very much longer). I am currently going back through old game versions to try to find a version which allows the .sment to be opened by SMEdit. if anyone knows which game version is most compatible with this version of SMEdit id greatly appreciate a hint?

I realize this is a very late addition to the forum! I don't suppose you are still active? and if anyone involved with SMEdit is still playing, Is there likely to be an update at all or is it too much faff for what has become quite a quiet community by the seems of the forums unfortunately I dont have the first clue how to go about making/ updating a software like SMEdit otherwise id ask if I could make an update myself

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    I use version 0.175 build 20141019_094604.zip 19-Oct-2014 with SMEdit.

Reactions: Shwar

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Thank you for this update jjaquinta! I am glad to have this most recent version even though I'm late to it.
    I have just come back to StarMade, absolutely love the game concept and have been trying to use this version of SMEdit with the current game version V0.203.150 which worked well enough to put an initial hull into the game and I was very impressed with the render quality and sizing of the ship I imported, but after some hand fitting and adjustments to the not quite right hull smoothing, and some refitting of the starboard nacelle I was unable to open the new .sment file in SMEdit ( I had planned to fit only half the ship and use the mirror method to cut out half the job which will otherwise be very much longer). I am currently going back through old game versions to try to find a version which allows the .sment to be opened by SMEdit. if anyone knows which game version is most compatible with this version of SMEdit id greatly appreciate a hint?

I realize this is a very late addition to the forum! I don't suppose you are still active? and if anyone involved with SMEdit is still playing, Is there likely to be an update at all or is it too much faff for what has become quite a quiet community by the seems of the forums unfortunately I dont have the first clue how to go about making/ updating a software like SMEdit otherwise id ask if I could make an update myself
    How did you get it to work?
    Does it require you to run it from inside the starmade folder or something?
    I didn't think the newer textures and blocks would work.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Can this make Minecraft stuff into Starmade blueprints? I'm thinking of finding the 1:1 scale Voyager and converting it, but I might have to do it a different way than I remember back in the day.