Skin request thread.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    Who puts a jacket over a bulky boxy space suit?
    I don't believe he said the space suit was meant to look bulky, nor boxy. Sure all skins have to be a bit boxy by design, but this is creativity and imagination here! Spacesuits don't HAVE to be bulky, and on a skin suggestion thread people can ask whatever comes to imagination.

Who puts a jacket over a spacesuit? This guy does. ;)

Reactions: iWoof
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Who ever said it was a bulky current era space suit?
    It could be a skin-tight space suit because of its ease of use, ease of transport and high comfort. The jacket and pants because of modesty since the suit is skin-tight.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Wouldn't the elements of space and weapons fire simply ruin them though? Or worse float away or something?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    First of all: SPANDEX SPACE SUIT! Clothes would seem like a great idea anyway.
    Second: The pants are held up by a belt, the jacket is held in place by the arms. Clothes don't just float away, even in space.
    As for vacuum: Yea. That might do some damage over time, but it wouldn't do any major damage unless the jacket and pants have air pockets or something.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yup, still on my mind. Was thinking about it today, actually. Though I was thinking about if it would make an awesome StarCraft 2 unit, haha. Since it would best fit StarMade floating even in gravity (to better match the height of the hitbox) and would look good in StarCraft 2 that way as well, that means no walk animations. And not having to do walk animations makes me a happy, happy animator. (Oh dear god walk animations. It burns. IT BURNS.)

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it. Hard to forget about it; it's pretty epic. ;) Just extremely occupied. The good news is that the longer it takes for me to get around to it, the more features will be available in StarMade that will allow a better result. For example, I was going to use scaling parts of the mesh to mimic jets on the jetpack with the intent of resembling particles, but with particle systems actually in the game I might be able to make something much cooler looking. (Or mix the two for an awesome-yet-anime look.)

Whatever happens, I'll also make it a priority to make sure xeno-striker is happy with it, and give him ample credit. The thing is his baby, I'm just the guy who can be a middleman between his art and the game. :)
    on this subject for a moment, it was once discussed that the option to take the aquanauts space suit off, and then have it used as an armored or protective item. this would work relatively exactly like the players helmet does now. It was then explained, that when this happened, the player model was due to change in order to accommodate this. my question is this, is that still planned as well?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have a skin request, could someone make a skin for me that's this one but for the new player model?

It doesn't have to have too much detail, and under the helmet just make him bald.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i have a skin request, Captain Harlock from the Harlock Saga

if you don't know who he is check link.

as a side note feel free to make any character from the show as well.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I was hoping someone could help me out with the completion of a skin I've been working on, I'm starting to get a bit lost on the arms and such, also the shading.
    playertex_template.png

The outfit I'm trying to make.
    chara_img_kodai.jpg

Thanks in advance for anyone who might help.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    I was hoping someone could help me out with the completion of a skin I've been working on, I'm starting to get a bit lost on the arms and such, also the shading.
    View attachment 2593

The outfit I'm trying to make.
    View attachment 2594

Thanks in advance for anyone who might help.
    I'll provide some images that will hopefully help. I also suggest, if it's possible, using Dave or Dave with the player template to make skins so you can see how things attach on the default Dave skin. But do whatever is easier for you to follow. You can also use the template as a skin in game to see what goes where. The arms work like a rectangular, just laid out and flattened. Again, the images provided should help with this.

Shading: A shading overlay is provided in the Skinning Resources folder in the game files. (StarMade (folder) > data > Skinning Resources)
    Put this overlay over your skin when completed, if you're using photoshop set it to the "multiply" and reduce the opacity. If you don't use photoshop, you may have to find another way. Looking at the shading overlay might help you to see how the default model is shaded, as Dave is already shaded with the provided Shading Overlay. If it helps, it appears the shading overlay itself was made using the layer effect (fx) "Inner Glow".

Finally don't forget to put a two pixel line around all the pieces so that you don't have multicolored edges due to bleed. (Though I know this skin is WIP, I feel a need to remind even if you do know, just because I've seen so many people unaware of this issue)

Skinhelp2.png

ArmHelpSkins1.png The light green I only did on one shoulder, to show you on the right arm. The left arm works the same.

Reaction score
    Your post
    Of course, I was just reading your thread about bleed earlier.
    And unfortunately I don't have Photoshop, only using MSpaint, but I had some limited experience with pixel work in the past so I think I should eventually work out some shading.

PS Thanks for the helpful images, they're just what I needed!

Reactions: AnnaShade017
    Reaction score
    It isnt really a request just more skin( and i hope the dev will put some in the game) so player can choose several appearance , some human and maybe some alien too. Right now in game we are all pretty much clones..... all the same

Reaction score
    Hm, I didn't even see this thread, haha.

Well then, my request would be for someone to make a Templar Knight. I would try it myself, but I have little skill and time at the moment. If anybody would be willing to make this, 'twould be very kind of them.

Reaction score
    I would like to request a skin for Ze Formal Uniform of Ze Glorious Goatyr Monarchy. Does it legitimately matter to me if it gets done? Not really. Would it be neat if it could get done? Yes.

The images themselves take up much space, so if any a̶r̶t̶ ̶s̶l̶a̶v̶e̶s̶ folk who enjoy the pixel artsy things would look at the uniform guidelines given here: http://starmadedock.net/threads/ze-glorious-goatyr-monarchy.2514/ , I would appreciate it.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I request... a Cthulhu in power armor.

Yes.

A man-octopus in power armor.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could do this for me, as my skills at pixel art and my motivation are absolutely terrible.
    Thanks in advance :3

Reactions: Jerry_Brinefield
    Reaction score
    Hm, I appear to have started something...now all we need is a skilled artist with a lot of spare time to see this thread...

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Yeah not a single request has actually happened officially (Though I found an ODST for me)

Reaction score
    im going to need a sort of bio-insectoid skin if anyone is willing to pick it up ^^. must have: green glowing eyes, green crystals to power any armor you may add, and the helmet must not be see-through (if possible). as for what my actual head looks like. im an insect.. go nuts!

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    im going to need a sort of bio-insectoid skin if anyone is willing to pick it up ^^. must have: green glowing eyes, green crystals to power any armor you may add, and the helmet must not be see-through (if possible). as for what my actual head looks like. im an insect.. go nuts!
    Actually i'm working on a insectoid skin based on the "Quad"-Creature-texture one can find in the files of starmade but i don't think it will fit your request.
    However i want to ask:
    Is this how you would imagine a insectoid's head to look like?

Reactions: kupu