Skin request thread.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'm surprised by how useful the new site is with skins, but more so surprised by a lack of a skin request thread, that was one of the first things done on the old site and that was impossible to post on. I hope I'm doing this in the right sub forum, but I was hoping someone else would woman up since that's the only gender there seems to be making skins.

seriously where are the female skins? there is like one and its a re skin of a dude.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I hope I'm doing this in the right sub forum, but I was hoping someone else would woman up since that's the only gender there seems to be making skins.
    I'm not female. I've made a skin, and planning to make more.

But a skin request thread is a good idea.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    I made the femshep skin, which is female. I took the female form of the same armor, so while there were similarities, the overall armors are a bit different (the femShep armor having more smooth, simple sections). Being female, why haven't I made more female skins? It's mostly about interest and time. (Interest for me and other people) Part of the reason I make skins is to provide skins to the people who want them but are unable to make their own for some reason. But I can't offer my services to everyone all the time as my college schedule gets very busy sometimes, and I need to prioritize. The current model only has a male form, and I do realize that it seems there is a large number more guys than gals on this site. So the people requesting are more often male than female and request male skins.
    I think this thread was a wonderful idea. I also DO plan to make female skins, but right now I have a list of skins that are existing characters I want to bring into the game. (Picard, Stormtrooper, Scotty, Spock, DarthVader; to name a few) I also have other projects and skins I'm working on besides that list, and as soon as there is an opening I will likely start making my own unique designs, and you will see more female skins from me then.

Keep in mind that the new player model is still new, meaning there isn't as many people producing skins for the public as there likely will be in the future.

(Also, when deciding whether to first make femshep or broshep, I knew I wanted a femshep skin, but I was new to pixel art, I never tried it before. That coupled with the gender disparity, I tried the Broshep first, but attempted female skins on the side, and it took me a little time to get the proportions I wanted. My personal skin is female, and there is a sort of slightly steampunk mechanic girl I started. So there WILL be female skins in the future, but I just need to hammer out a few from my list first. As my schedule opens up after finals, I'll be spending much more time skinning as well!)

Reactions: Omni
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    so what no requests so far? i know it been quiet but lately its been more so. maybe its the game bug blues. I had hoped somebody would convert the old default female skin, but I really think we need something to replace it. its quality was starting to, for a lack of a better term show its age, with the new model.

i guess a lot of people are waiting for the next update to fix the uplink problem. if you haven't seen it, http://starmadedock.net/threads/uplink-issue.379/#post-4373

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Request

Halo ODST Commando Variant (Same as your standard one except the White is Orange)

I want it to appear as if there is a MA5B Assault Rifle on the back.

The head to be like this except to be black and the helmet to be ODST

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Request

I have an unusual request, maybe someone will find it interesting and pick it up.

I'd like a modern 21st century NASA style spacesuit, complete with gold faceplate and other decorations. But on the chest I'd like a rendition of Salvador Dali's Madonna of Port Lligat. The face under the helmet would be a grizzled old man with an eye-patch and a beard.

I know, strange. This comes from an old sci-fi story I read by Larry Niven, and I always thought it would be a cool skin.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Request

Something fairly simple. Clone trooper skin. The Clone armor from Episode II specifically. It would be pretty damn cool to have a crew skinned as clone troopers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Maybe when we get insectoid enemies so I can hear "Time to squash some bugs" in Sev's voice every time I shoot them.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Rule 18 Never sit guard duty on an empty stomach

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I really want an Minion Skin but i cant find one and i cant make it by my self
    Seriously considering doing that. I have other tasks though, unfortunately...

EDIT: I'm gonna do it ;)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I'm curious if there's any news on the anime-style model/skin mod/remake that xeno-striker posted on the old forums... is this still on your backburner Omni ? :D

http://oldsite.star-made.org/content/starmade-player-model
    Yup, still on my mind. Was thinking about it today, actually. Though I was thinking about if it would make an awesome StarCraft 2 unit, haha. Since it would best fit StarMade floating even in gravity (to better match the height of the hitbox) and would look good in StarCraft 2 that way as well, that means no walk animations. And not having to do walk animations makes me a happy, happy animator. (Oh dear god walk animations. It burns. IT BURNS.)

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it. Hard to forget about it; it's pretty epic. ;) Just extremely occupied. The good news is that the longer it takes for me to get around to it, the more features will be available in StarMade that will allow a better result. For example, I was going to use scaling parts of the mesh to mimic jets on the jetpack with the intent of resembling particles, but with particle systems actually in the game I might be able to make something much cooler looking. (Or mix the two for an awesome-yet-anime look.)

Whatever happens, I'll also make it a priority to make sure xeno-striker is happy with it, and give him ample credit. The thing is his baby, I'm just the guy who can be a middleman between his art and the game. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If somebody wants to make me a boba fett skin that would be awesome.

No need to include the jet pack, cape etc, just the body armour and separate helmet. The head can be generic, but if you wanna try the chiselled look of the clone head I guess it can be reused for jango fett and clone skins too.

Cheers.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I am seeking a more personalized skin and would be overjoyed if you took the time to make one for me.

It would be splendid if you could work from the drawing I have included.

Species: Anthropomorphic fox.
    Fur color: Natural shades of rusty red/orange.

While the skin would be based on the drawing I would like it to be slightly altered to fit the bill a little more on the whole "spacesuit" thing, preferably by making it look like there are two layers of clothing. The first and inner layer being the suit, the second outer layer being the jacket, pants and shoes.

The colors for each clothing article should be as follows:
    Space suit: A very dark grey/black suit with red glowing bits.
    Jacket: A nice light red jacket with metallic grey zipper.
    Pants: Brown pants and dark red belt with metallic grey belt buckle.
    Shoes: Black shoes with red details and soles.

As for the helmet I would like something along the lines of the helmet from Ratchet Deadlocked.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Who puts a jacket over a bulky boxy space suit?