Site Staff Update

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    That is indeed nice to know.
    On another note, why is one required to hand out one's real name to apply for moderatorship?
    Moderators have to sign a NDA, as they are given information which is not available to the public.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    You already know my first name, (I'm terrible at picking names sometimes) any why I'm not applying I too young

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    tn suspects a steam release in the future, he does.

Congratulations to all who have been added to the starmade team. (or promoted, as it were)
    I'm sure it's something to take pride in, this is a great game, and getting better all the time.

Reactions: therimmer96
    Reaction score
    For reasons that can not be shared at this point in time, the site team are expecting an increase in forum traffic in the near future.
    *looks behind*
    *sees the endless landscape of graves of the lost and MIA players* *still grows*
    *turns around again*

Near future? You mean near near future or soon™ near future? Or is this more a bait to keep players around kinda thing.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    *looks behind*
    *sees the endless landscape of graves of the lost and MIA players* *still grows*
    *turns around again*

Near future? You mean near near future or soon™ near future? Or is this more a bait to keep players around kinda thing.
    Not bait. Things are coming, but I can't go into detail....

Moderators have to sign a NDA

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    It's the Steam Release, isn't it? Either that or something of the likes of YogSwarm 2.0.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Steam has their own forums and the users tend to stick to them. Don't expect all of the new Steam players to come here.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Steam has their own forums and the users tend to stick to them. Don't expect all of the new Steam players to come here.
    Even if only 1% of the steam forum users come here, that'd still be a huge amount.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    StarMade was approved as an alternative to Space Engineers on alternativeto.net.
    http://alternativeto.net/software/space-engineers/
    It was approved too late to be in place for the end of the free Space Engineers weekend on Steam, but at least it's there now.

The devs should probably get in contact with the owners of alternativeto.net, so they can at least update the game icon. (Currently it's the seven-point star with the letter "M" in the middle.)

Feel free to send me a pm with any other games you'd like me to suggest StarMade as an alternative to.
    Example: I'd suggest this as an alternative to Star Citizen, but ironically, they don't have Star Citizen listed yet.
    Another Example: Blockade Runner is on there, and StarMade is already listed as an alternative. (Sadly, rather far down the list of alternatives.)

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    The next huge update is probably taking so long because Schema is too busy making 200 types of chairs @aceface requested, obviously...

Glad the staff is expanding, I have a feeling we'll need every single one of them very Soon™ ;)

Kojinus

Feline Overlord
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hello everyone! I understand that it's probably a little strange seeing me as a Moderator (because most of you have probably never seen me before) but I'd like you all to know that I am not taking this opportunity lightly, I very much look forward to being a part of this community for a very long time, and helping out wherever I can. :)

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Hello everyone! I understand that it's probably a little strange seeing me as a Moderator (because most of you have probably never seen me before) but I'd like you all to know that I am not taking this opportunity lightly, I very much look forward to being a part of this community for a very long time, and helping out wherever I can. :)
    Some of us did indeed wonder how you managed to become a moderator within 10 days from just 2 posts and 1 rating ;)

Kojinus

Feline Overlord
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Some of us did indeed wonder how you managed to become a moderator within 10 days from just 2 posts and 1 rating ;)
    Yeah, it is a little odd isn't it? :p I have past moderation experience at Cube World Forum and I was recently approached with this opportunity and I just couldn't turn it down.

It'd also probably be a good idea to mention that I'm not just some muscle they brought in, I actually do enjoy the game a lot. :)

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hello and welcome :)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Bet where your from doesnt have bickering and squabbling factions constantly arguing though :p

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Also, a big "64 bit java is strongly recommended, uninstall your 32 bit java (link to java)" on the downloads page would prevent half of the "starmade doesn't work" threads.
    Uninstalling 32-bit Java in favour of the 64-bit version isn't necessary, both can be installed simultaneously.