Ship of the month (monthly community build)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Hey guys, so, due to popular request, we're launching the "ship of the month" competition, anyone can join, and it should be a lot of fun! Details below:

First months ship will be the Thor frame, it's a base frame for all of you to build off of, and I hope you like it:

Ship of the Month Community Build Rules

• All builders will start with the same shell from one builder
    • No one may release their version before the 15th of each month. On the 15th, ships will be released on the dock and a new shell will be selected.
    • Initial frame should be un-wedged and allow for open-ended construction. No completed shells.
    • All initial frame submissions must be grey/dark grey coloration to avoid picks based on color.
    • No initial frame may exceed 200m.
    • Shell pictures are to be sent to Raiben ([email protected]) before the 15th of each month. They will then be compiled and voted on.
    • Any builder who has one of their shells selected may not submit another for 2 months

Naming Convention:

(Tag) BP class - (Designator)

Example:

Thor BP class

EFSF Thor - Panzer

KDI Thor - Experimental

First months ship will be the Thor frame, it's a base frame for all of you to build off of, and I hope you like it:
    Folder:
    Dropbox - Thor Type 1 Half frame 001
    Sment:
    Dropbox - Thor Type 1 Half frame 001.sment

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I'm interested, but for convenience sake, could you post the shell as a sment file? I've had mixed luck manually importing ships in SM file by file. :)

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    All initial frame submissions must be grey/dark grey coloration to avoid picks based on color.
    Changing the color of the frame when building from it is still allowed, right?
    To which extend is removal of blocks allowed?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Changing the color of the frame when building from it is still allowed, right?
    To which extend is removal of blocks allowed?
    Yep, all those rules are about that initial BP given out, after you get the BP, go nuts, it's your ship, do what you want with it!

Tamren Shade I'm having a little issue with java, but i'll get a .sment uploaded later today!

Reactions: Tamren Shade

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So I'm confused: is the competition to submit shells, or is it to color/wedge/slab the shells and add systems?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Can we submit shells as well for future build competitions? Or will they all be provided by you?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Can we submit shells as well for future build competitions? Or will they all be provided by you?
    Feel free to submit! Raiben only posted the first one to start it off. He won't be putting out a new shell for 2 months at least, others will. Just be sure to follow the rules above about shell submissions.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Feel free to submit! Raiben only posted the first one to start it off. He won't be putting out a new shell for 2 months at least, others will. Just be sure to follow the rules above about shell submissions.
    Oooohh.. I have some sexy shells to contribute *salivates*..

OFW-Osirus

Owner of Orion Fleetworks
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    ya'll should turn this into a nascar/battle competition reminiscent of blood and steel and fight for the winner.