Ship of the month (monthly community build)

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    That looks like a finished ship not a shell
    That's the point of the challenge. Everyone gets an unfinished shell and builds a ship on it. Search for Thor in the community content section and you'll see the previous ship.

Last edited:

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Atlas has a nice colour scheme. And it really shows on that ship. Good work, dood.

Reaction score
    Was alot of clean up work before i could start the rebuild. has a little bit more interior than the original, and due to the clean up, all stats are higher... except speed i think

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Was alot of clean up work before i could start the rebuild. has a little bit more interior than the original, and due to the clean up, all stats are higher... except speed i think
    I can't tell from the image you have there, and I can't play StarMade because I am at work... do the engines still have the original bits on them? You could expand the middle bits of the engine by two or three blocks, and add in more thrusters. Wouldn't change the look too much, but it could boost your speed.

Reaction score
    Could easily cut out some of the shields for more thrust.

I didnt really expand it much, just cleaned it up and kept as much of the original as possible to keep it looking like the same ship.
    If you wanted to get some more blocks in it, you could change the engine intakes to crystal instead of ice/circuit.

Reaction score
    a new month, need a new shell to keep the thread going.

who's up for another?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    It sounds like the original shell included systems. I might re-wrap one of my unwedged warships to grey and post it...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It sounds like the original shell included systems. I might re-wrap one of my unwedged warships to grey and post it...
    Nope, no systems were included besides a couple generators and thrusters to maneuver a bit.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Ahh, well that's a shame.

I have one with good, simple (easy to swap out) systems I thought might work in lieu of anything else forthcoming. Only tricky bit might be the weapon comp clusters tucked up into the main hull, so I put red light stacks protruding as markers. Even the docker is detached for easy modding. It could be totally refitted, but mainly just wants for decorative work and perhaps an interior, IMO (though it's a consummate fleet vessel by design, so unless it's gets a major overhaul that changes its function, no interior is really necessary). It's inspired by things like the Vau ships from Emperor of The Fading Suns and Surok Class vessels because I feel that the shape is well-suited to getting good power at small sizes in SM. This is the barebones XL version that I use as the jump-off point for all my defensive frigate variants right now.

Short-Range Defense Frigate, Extra-Light Variant

starmade-screenshot-0081.png

Attachments

Reaction score
    Man, if I wasn't so busy in an arms race, I'd get in on this. Look forward to what yall make, they've all been awesome so far!

Reaction score
    A friend of mine got tired of me shit talking about his slow and undergunned warships, so now he's making a "battlecruiser" and so I'm making something of a similar size to counter him, so I can continue to shit talk him lol

Reaction score
    A friend of mine got tired of me shit talking about his slow and undergunned warships, so now he's making a "battlecruiser" and so I'm making something of a similar size to counter him, so I can continue to shit talk him lol
    sounds like fun, starmade needs more of this =p

Reaction score
    sounds like fun, starmade needs more of this =p
    We both primarily focus on RP style builds, and we're continuing that trend with these. I'm planning for space in excess of 200 crewmembers because I build em like the tech is basically 1920's lol

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Battlecruisers are sexy, but battlecarriers are sexier, imo XD Guns of a battleship + large hangars.