Shield Helicarrier Project. (wip)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1

Close up of some of the metal work details going into the helicarrier.

The engines now extend to the rear Rotor cowls, also see the iron scaffold under the upper flight deck, need to remove some plating from rear of body and curve it up to the rear to join with the engines, was always unsure of the rear bodywork until I could fit the rear engines in, now I have some direction as to where I am fitting to now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Today I have been doing some details on top of rear Rotor fins, added the buildings there going back to the rotor and the upper cowl to the rotor with a style line around it and some detailing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Been trying to make a rotor that looks something like, it only has 8 blades ATM, looks like I will need to make intermediary blades to take it up to 16, don't think the original 20 is an option.

spawned in 3 more and spun them up to give me an idea what she would look like & it is looking good, will take a while to get these looking right but am confident I can do it. Game takes a FPS hit with them rotating but not too serious.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    As the animated gif didn't "animate" for some reason here is a progress video showing the four rotors in place and spinning, I need to build the centre cones over them and do a lot of work around them but they are looking pretty awesome!

Reactions: Dragleones
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Bright was the wrong word to use, sharp is what I meant.

You see how there in that picture things are a bit more blurry? Like exhaust behind a jet engine? That effect is best when you have ice a few blocks behind the crystal.

Reaction score
    Ok, we don't all have super fast broadband so my upload took three hours while I was out...

Bro's helicarrier... From my perspective.

Reaction score
    Well that is a massive build ! Impressive !

What are the current stats ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Got some time working on the rotor hubs today, had to make a compromise though, the original only had 6 support arms. I tried it with 4 but it looked wrong so attempted 6 and failed so ended up with 8 which actually looks very acceptable.

Reactions: Rumcajz