Bug Shield Bypass with Beams

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hello,

This post is about the issues with the 'Beam' system currently.

Whilst firing a beam and crossing between two sectors the beam will periodically ignore all shield hitpoints on the targeted ship and immediately do block damage - beams are the only weapon system affected by this due to them firing a constant stream of damage (all other weapon systems do not bypass the shields).

Whilst building a carrier I noticed that the fighters would be orbiting the targeted ship at very fast speeds which would make them cross between sectors constantly - this lead to ships with millions of shields intact still taking damage for un-explainable reasons.

We have verified that the shield system surrounds the entire ship and there are no points where the shield sphere intersects with the ship, there is a lot of free space around the ship.

Here's the video showing the kind of damage which has happened:
    https://youtu.be/Rl-QNnZR-2o

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Heya,
    Guy from the big ship here (as seen in the video linked).
    I already noticed this bug in the Beta build of the Weapons Update, but thought something this obvious was propably already known. It seems not. At least I haven't seen anything about it.
    This bug pretty much makes the person with the most automated beam fighters the strongest player. Bigger ships would only be a waste.
    Terrible for pvp.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    We fixed several issues about weapon damage bypassing shields:

This particular case could still happen although it should have been covered by the fix as well, I'll check it out.

Reactions: decom70

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Unfortunately, it's still happening even as of the latest update.

In the last hour, I strayed too close to a pirate base but figured I'd stick around and fight it. My shields had 1 recharger, 4 capacitors, an integrity of 378 and enough regen. to completely tank the station's lasers. ...or so I thought. I took damage anyway like the shields weren't even up.

Glad I blueprinted that ship just in case.

Reactions: -PR-Sandbag
    Reaction score
    Unfortunately, it's still happening even as of the latest update.

In the last hour, I strayed too close to a pirate base but figured I'd stick around and fight it. My shields had 1 recharger, 4 capacitors, an integrity of 378 and enough regen. to completely tank the station's lasers. ...or so I thought. I took damage anyway like the shields weren't even up.

Glad I blueprinted that ship just in case.
    I can confirm that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Also seeing this problem - Shields don't drop below 98% but an Isanth can carve me like butter.