Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Other. (Please post and explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Ever joined a starmade server where they have their own rules about mass/turrets/docked entities? What about servers with heavy RP rules for fighting? Maybe a rule about where you can and cannot PvP? Ever wish you had an easy place to lookup that info?

Me too.

I propose that an extra tab in the player UI be added called "Server Info". There could be sections for the server description, server rules, and maybe an area for events being held on the server. This way, if a player wanted to lookup some info on the server, it wouldn't be that hard. They could just open a tab, and see what they would need to know. Weather it was "how big can my ship be" or "when was that ship building event going to be". Maybe we could even incorporate the player list into this menu?

Anyway just a simple suggestion. Let me know what you guys think.

Reaction score
    I propose that an extra tab in the player UI be added called "Server Info". There could be sections for the server description, server rules, and maybe an area for events being held on the server. This way, if a player wanted to lookup some info on the server, it wouldn't be that hard. They could just open a tab, and see what they would need to know. Weather it was "how big can my ship be" or "when was that ship building event going to be". Maybe we could even incorporate the player list into this menu?

Anyway just a simple suggestion. Let me know what you guys think.
    Not a bad idea, however I think it would be even better if that info was presented in the launcher, so you could find it even before joining.

Reactions: Bonusinches
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It would definately help, but people will argue that servers have websites/forum posts to explain. I also think that servers sometimes have too many rules, so without taxing a bad laptop anymore than starmade does, it'd be nice to be able to read the rules again. I don't know how it would be implemented, but maybe a chat command so the server can PM them to you. It'd be a bit easier then, as it could be set in the server config file

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    I like the idea of the info being in the launcher (or future server browser). As for the argument of websites/forums, not everyone will find your website before joining your server. There are also players that are too lazy or just don't like the hassle of leaving the game to look up some rules on a website somewhere. I don't like the idea of a /rules command, just because it feels much more polished to pull up a GUI tab. Though I could see it being an easy first step before we have a GUI. like /rules, /info, /desc, ect...

I would assume the implementation would be kept in a few plain text files on the server. Maybe HTML text (no links or images as that could cause issues with redirects and adds and things that people generally don't like). That way there could be some fancy text formatting.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Very good simple idea.

The normal pop up box is too small, and I don't think you can bring it up again after you spawn in.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I wonder if receiving a Mail on first login would work?

Reactions: kiraen

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Not a bad idea, however I think it would be even better if that info was presented in the launcher, so you could find it even before joining.
    It is. I've seen servers that had the server rules on the "Welcome to Starmade!" window when you logged in.